Operation "Blue Flag" Best Screenshot & Highlight Video Contest

gregzagk

Operation "Blue Flag" Best Screenshot & Highlight Video Contest  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Operation "Blue Flag" Best Screenshot & Highlight Video Contest

Hello all!

Taking advantage of the ED Autumn sales ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=146744 ) we are starting a contest for the best Screenshot & Highlight video of the Operation "Blue Flag" MP Campaign. ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=146480 )

Once the submissions end we will start 1 poll for each category (Screenshot & Video) to vote for the 2 winners.

The winners can choose their prize which will be one of the next modules :

A-10A for DCS World

Su-25 for DCS World

DCS: Combined Arms

F-15C for DCS World

Su-27 for DCS World

If both of them will choose the same module we will make a draw.

Submissions end at the 10th of September.

You can participate in both categories.

Please post your screenshot or highlight video in this thread. Optionaly you can add a description of the situation under which you captured the video or screenshot.

Thanks in advance. :)

Participations:

blueskunk

(504)smudge

Pikey

Sanguchito

Monkey21

ViFF

Greg

blueskunk

(504)smudge

Pikey

Sanguchito

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I was one of the red Huey lions over Maykop yesterday and it was one of my best online experience of my life.

Fighting outnumbered against blue invader steamroller, with the outstanding help from Gruja and the shout THIS IS SPARTA, a bunch of heroic red pilots were giving they lives for the motherland at Maykop pass.

I was dropping Shorad systems around Maykop with my side doors miniguns defending me and flying below dozens of A-10, F-15 and Su-25 when one enemy plane spotted me. I had just time to drop the Strela before getting shooted and then i saw, with my crew dead and the cockpit full of red heroical blood, the careless enemy flyby and, surprise !!!. The Strela hit him.

AHU !!!! AHU !!! AHU !!!.

Then i've took off again to defend the AB and Gruja again pointed me against and incoming Huey heading to the airfield. I saw an enemy Mi-8 landed waiting for the assault and my frontal miniguns shoting bringed him to pieces. The blue inmortals are mortals !!!!

Jerjes must be angry now because suddenly an angry enemy Huey came to defend the Mi-8 and we starting a deadly dance with side and frontal miniguns blazing all over. I was able to hit him first with a couple of shots but finally he got me and i was shot down. But the Spartans never surrender and in the ground still alive i had attracted for a couple of minutes his bullets gaining some time for the Maykop defenders.

Finally the Maykop pass was taked but we, red Spartans, have winned a most important price. GLORY AND HONOUR for the motherland and the history inmortallity. We are going to be remembered.

Thanks for this great campaign. Take in count the kind advices we are writting in this thread and continue improving it because it worth every minute and effort it takes.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Not really an epic picture, but the narrative in itself is interesting.

IAF Squadron attacking the Nalchik / Sukumi FARP and I was inbound Mi-8 with troops.

Our Toads and Hogs are orbiting the FARP, everything is down, but our TARCAP is reporting that there are enemy Su-27s inbound to the FARP and they must engage immediately!

The pressure is on to capture quickly!!! I was flying so fast over 300 kph in a dive from the mountains behind me and into the valleys below, the Mi-8 was shaking like nuts and needed constant mini-inputs to the cyclic to make sure that it stays under control at this crazy speed for a helicopter. Focusing solely on the challenge of flying the Mi-8 at this ridiculous speed I dared not go to the F10 map to verify my position.

Am I in the correct valley? Does anybody see me? I asked and to my surprise, my squad mate IAF.Yuval in an Su-25 answers: I've marked with smoke the path to the FARP along the valley you should be travelling up to the FARP. If you see a trail of smoke markers then you know you're in the correct valley!

30 seconds later I corner a bend in the valley and see a trail of smoke markers!!!

Capture success! :D

Turns out that IAF.Yuval mistakenly took smoke rockets instead of regular rockets, but made good use of them!

Screen_150831_233818.jpg

Salute Yuval!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Please, i'm not in this for the competition, so just watch and enjoy. A lot of the film footage I lost and I considered putting in a melange of clips from what I'd already got, but to be honest, I couldn't find anything special so I just tried to capture what Blue Flag was like in a couple of minutes.

So I present the attempted murder of Mozdok. The scenario picks up where many of us remember in the closing stages of a capture, trying to get the troops in before a server restart. Memorable.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Then i've took off again to defend the AB and Gruja again pointed me against and incoming Huey heading to the airfield. I saw an enemy Mi-8 landed waiting for the assault and my frontal miniguns shoting bringed him to pieces. The blue inmortals are mortals !!!!

Jerjes must be angry now because suddenly an angry enemy Huey came to defend the Mi-8 and we starting a deadly dance with side and frontal miniguns blazing all over. I was able to hit him first with a couple of shots but finally he got me and i was shot down. But the Spartans never surrender and in the ground still alive i had attracted for a couple of minutes his bullets gaining some time for the Maykop defenders.

LOL that was me in the Blue Huey fighting you. Good fight man! That was a lot of fun.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.159thgar.com/

One of my campaign favourite moments.

Fighting you in circles around with minuguns was epic. ¡¡¡

To be honest my side gunners had spent all rounds so i had to move around trying to fire with my frontal guns, quite difficult, because your side gunners were firing like they if i debt they money ¡¡¡

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

First, thank you for the contest.

This is my submition.

Sorry but I couldn't embed the video.

Background story:

I had little time to fly, so I checked the online map and saw that Gudauta was in enemy hands, I took off from Sukhumi while it was under enemy attack from enemy fighters, I went to Gudauta to take down the enemy SAMs, I couldn't fire the Kh-25MPU helpsmilie.gif and because that I got closer until I was shoot down. (You can see the AA cannon flash moments before I die)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ECV56 member. IL-2 1946 Pilot - FC3 Pilot

I am not of course taking part in the contest but couln't resist of posting my favourite screenshot from the campaign :D

A guy didn't know in the first day that the nuclear bombs are not allowed... Result......

Screen_150830_004129_zpsufkhzihr.jpg

Contest ends tonight. Come on gets. Waiting for more. :)

Sorry for the delay guys.

The contest is over and we opened a poll in the same thread to vote for the best video among the 4 submissions. All videos gathered in the first post.

As the screenshot participants are only 2 we thought of making a draw between them once the poll for the video is over.

Let's vote :)

Participations:

Best highlight video :

blueskunk

(504)smudge

Pikey

Sanguchito

Best screenshot:

ViFF

Monkey21

Greg

Contest is over!

Video winner - (504)Smudge.

We made a draw for the screenshots between ViFF and Monkey21, Monkey you are the screenshot winner.

1st selection goes to (504)Smudge.

2nd selection goes to Monekey21.

Please announce your selected prizes from the following -

A-10A for DCS World

Su-25 for DCS World

DCS: Combined Arms

F-15C for DCS World

Su-27 for DCS World

And we will send them over :thumbup: