Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 2

gregzagk

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody calm down. I'm obviously the best pilot online.

LOTACT or something would be awesome. Though the work might outweigh the fun factor for the organizers.

Also thank you for organizing this!

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

The final noticeable mention is that the blue have to take 4 bases, of which two are quite heavy fighter bases (If the 373 are on), where is Red has to take 3 bases, of which only 1 can spawn a max of 3 aircraft. Worth thinking about.

Thoughts?

Take the bases out of the equation...reduce their importance. Increase the number of "City" targets, farps and other "Strategic" targets that must be captured simultaneously to close a PAK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

PS. Some selfproclaimed "Aces" might want to slow down on their elitist behavior

Self Proclaimed???

http://sa-sim.com/dcs_aces_a2a/

I don't think so.

Where you at on that list mate?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Calm down everyone! Im the bestest of the bester of best. :huh:

You can't find me in the list?

Your monitor's vertical resolution is not enough to reach my name.. :doh:

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I think this is an excellent chance to remind everyone of the other BuddySpike event which is up there - Ace Of Spades.

Forum thread & information - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=145645

Website - http://89.163.173.82/DCS/AoS/AOS.php

I'm joining tonight for some dogfights!

CU there :D

There will be more AI fighters on the next round.

That's nice to hear! Just more numbers or also new types?

Btw, when is round 3 going to start? :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The flow of the battle according the the geography is asymetric as pointed out. Sochi should be defended, its north farp disabled or capped and defended then the West left alone. That strip up the coast is painful to attack on.

East side, the distance begins equal, but clearly both Beslan and Nalchik are vulnerable to a Farp within 50. If I had a penny for every time we took these last two rounds...

Then you have the geography. Clearly Flankers play in the mud, but once you get footholds in the north side they suffer, perhaps not as much as attackers do, but i'll put it out there. Conversely, Defending Tbilisi is a night mare due to the more uneven terrrain down south.

There isn't a fix. The map is what it is and the flow of attack is pretty obvious. Rotation would be fair.

As for the comments on slots, the squadron slots cannot be used to count totals because some sqns dont even turn up. Public slots are where its at in a mobile battlefield. Pretty sure ours can be reduced overall, to make that list smaller. Balancing might be required, but theres the server population, the public slots and the current AO all comes into it and as long as the chopper slots are there a 200 mile flight in a fighter is what we often have to do nowadays, with refuelling, yes. And Yes, even Eagles :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Btw, when is round 3 going to start? :)

Depends on the features we will add and have to test. :smilewink:

For example the "just" change the airbases for red and blue will need to edit a number of 800 aircraft slots along with the other changes we move on.

Greg

• Like 1

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

HiJack,

What Xcom is referring to is the "Ace of Spades" (AoS) mission that runs on the DCS Israel Server.

Look for the DCS Israel server on the master server list.

The IAF will also be there tonight and we will be happy if people will join us for some good scraps on the various era match-ups.

S!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Just one request for season 3, can you please double check the helo spawn marks, a lot start off the pads, or on the edge of a pad causing stability issues and damage, others are starting airborne. can I also request cold starts for the choppers on the FARPS? I know some probably won't like that, but for me it's part of the depth and realism in DCS.

also we need to revise where the vehicles spawn around the FARPS even when the FAPR is 100% on a lot of the pads you can't re-arm/refuel because the required vehicles are to far away and or not present.

thanks.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

Hey smudge,

We are aware of these issues and attempt to fix them, some are out of our control.

A stress test of new features will be up soon and if you see any of these issues still, please let us know which slots and where.

Thanks!

Xcom

none, check the SOP.

I'm sorry, forgot the aircraft are there.

Can you please add 3 to 5 MiG-29S slots?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hey smudge,

We are aware of these issues and attempt to fix them, some are out of our control.

A stress test of new features will be up soon and if you see any of these issues still, please let us know which slots and where.

Thanks!

Xcom

Tonight the UH-1H lonewolves slots at Kutaisi-Tbilisi had the same issue.

Couldn't rearm or refuel.

• Like 1