Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 2

gregzagk

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm I lost a life after taking off from Maykor (mig-21), landed at sochi for refueling and taking off again. Got message like you have 2/7 lifes left.. Sochi was 66% so that was the reason?

Btw the desktop app is great! Possible to get "refresh" button to get the latest data right away?

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Server is down currently.

I think it was restarting. It's up again :thumbup:

hmm I lost a life after taking off from Maykor (mig-21), landed at sochi for refueling and taking off again. Got message like you have 2/7 lifes left.. Sochi was 66% so that was the reason?

Btw the desktop app is great! Possible to get "refresh" button to get the latest data right away?

The message means that you got a life back once you landed. It's 2/7 used. Normally you had 3/7 used and once you landed it got 2/7 so that means 5 left. ;)

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

The message means that you got a life back once you landed. It's 2/7 used. Normally you had 3/7 used and once you landed it got 2/7 so that means 5 left. ;)

ah thanks, make sense :smilewink:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

3 things, can the stats page get an update please Xcom, is the lives needing a -1 to start with (you takeoff, you start on 2 lives spent somehow) and finally;

I fully support the concept of the lives and starting fuel principal to reduce the amount and effectiveness of fighter aircraft, however i'd like to propose that this does not apply to any strike or choppers. By dying in a chopper you push the importance of keeping fighter lives.

So the air dominance war is utterly vital as you saw, 4 hours to get Mozdok, we play with CAPs of five-six with several ATC's last night. Brave and well fought defence but essentially you needed more people.

I'd rather it wasn't about that "as much" and we should not be barred from playing choppers or frogfoots so I'd like to offer that as a suggestion if its possible. Should mean an extra "if" clause on the slot if its of type frogfoot or chopper types.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

3 things, can the stats page get an update please Xcom, is the lives needing a -1 to start with (you takeoff, you start on 2 lives spent somehow) and finally;

I fully support the concept of the lives and starting fuel principal to reduce the amount and effectiveness of fighter aircraft, however i'd like to propose that this does not apply to any strike or choppers. By dying in a chopper you push the importance of keeping fighter lives.

So the air dominance war is utterly vital as you saw, 4 hours to get Mozdok, we play with CAPs of five-six with several ATC's last night. Brave and well fought defence but essentially you needed more people.

I'd rather it wasn't about that "as much" and we should not be barred from playing choppers or frogfoots so I'd like to offer that as a suggestion if its possible. Should mean an extra "if" clause on the slot if its of type frogfoot or chopper types.

Hello. The stats will remain WIP for the moment and will full work in the next round as we have to short some things out.

Yes there are many things that we can improve in the future based on feedbacks. The new features are just recently presented so we must see how they will go during the battles. The current version will keep these rules however in order not to mess with the setup but for sure in each round things will change hopefully for the better.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

I see the inclusion of lives to not to stop the fighters effectiveness but more so to stop the carefree flying, if you go into a hot zone in a chopper or striker that is not dominated by air then you should pay the penalty for failing. If you get shot down desperately trying to win over the odds then that is the risk you take.

Maybe a separate lives system for fighters and others would benefit.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Yes, I would say choppers are the most careful by nature, due to the investment of time and importance. Even A-10C pilots are having to spend a lot of time starting and flying, so those examples already dont have such things as kamikazee flying. Hence the reason to single out fighters. But the lives system fixes fighters but adds some punishment on choppers and A-10C's to an extent. So a player may spend (as was last night in some examples), their entire days 'lives' on capturing the air in a fighter, but then unable to play the strikers. Which in sum total only makes fighters more important and choppers rarer.

The picture i'm headed for is making fighters more rare and thus more strategically used and push most players to the strikers and stikers to have a lot less fighters to face. In general, that's what i'd like to suggest for a direction.

A suggestion, that is all.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Yes we said also that it's very tricky to find the best solution.It will change for sure. Eventually all the feedback from round 2 will give us the way for the next round. :thumbup:

Greg

If you go into a hot zone in a chopper or striker that is not dominated by air then you should pay the penalty for failing.

Couldn't agree more, these guys should be waiting for the CAP to arrive before they go in!

The Rambos that charge in and get shot down with no air cover have no one to blame but themselves, if there is no CAP you hold! If you can't hold somewhere safe you RTB and stay on the ground until you get the green light!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

server crashed again

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Can we get lives back we lost during crashes? I lost 3 that way already..

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

Hello!

Is it currently possible to destroy runways?

If so, which weapon do we have to use and for how long will the runway be destroyed?

Hello. Yes it's possible but as Gaanalma said it's not your objective and you won't help much your side to achieve it's goals.

You can use Betab bombs with SU-25T's though.

Greg

Gents,

We need to discuss the lag and warping on the server, it is ruining the experience for us now.

Last night was horrible, easily the worst session of any Blue Flag. Everytime we got anywhere near 373_Crash, he would warp completely off the screen, only to then reappear right in front of you firing at weapons off!

I noticed at this time there was several clients in the server with pings of over 300.

This is what is contributing to the server warp, I'm not saying it is the only thing causing it but it does have a major part to play.

You guys need to consider some sort of ping limit when the server is busy, having 40+ in a server with guys with pings of over 300 is a recipe for disaster, that is why we have lowered our Ping limit on the 104th server to 250!

Clients with pings of over 300 will be able to fly in the server and not cause any problems when the server population is less than 40, but over 40 they cause lots of problems. I have watched this happen to many times in real time on the 104th server to be wrong about this!

When someone's ping is shown in game as say 350 for example, that is not an accurate ping at all. His ping is 350 because is his 'average' over a certain period of time works out to be 350, but his actualy live ping will be spiking to above 400-500. This causes massive problems for DCS and all the other clients connected to the server.

I know it sucks for the guys with pings of over 300, it was a hard decision for us to make to implement the 250 ping limit on our server, but something needs to happen.... yes its unfair on people with pings of over 300 however it is even more unfair on people with pings of less than 100 who cannot kill other clients with a ping of less than 100 cause they are dancing all over the place!

Crash warped into me mid air and killed me last night lol!

At peak times there needs to be a ping limit or the server performance will continue to be as bad as last night guys!

It really did ruin it for us last night, but we all thought the Round 2 Campaign is looking great and we love the new ideas you guys added in.

We just need to do something about the server warping and Lag... starting with a ping limit would be a great idea!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;2472601']Gents,

We need to discuss the lag and warping on the server, it is ruining the experience for us now.

Last night was horrible, easily the worst session of any Blue Flag. Everytime we got anywhere near 373_Crash, he would warp completely off the screen, only to then reappear right in front of you firing at weapons off!

I noticed at this time there was several clients in the server with pings of over 300.

This is what is contributing to the server warp, I'm not saying it is the only thing causing it but it does have a major part to play.

You guys need to consider some sort of ping limit when the server is busy, having 40+ in a server with guys with pings of over 300 is a recipe for disaster, that is why we have lowered our Ping limit on the 104th server to 250!

Clients with pings of over 300 will be able to fly in the server and not cause any problems when the server population is less than 40, but over 40 they cause lots of problems. I have watched this happen to many times in real time on the 104th server to be wrong about this!

When someone's ping is shown in game as say 350 for example, that is not an accurate ping at all. His ping is 350 because is his 'average' over a certain period of time works out to be 350, but his actualy live ping will be spiking to above 400-500. This causes massive problems for DCS and all the other clients connected to the server.

I know it sucks for the guys with pings of over 300, it was a hard decision for us to make to implement the 250 ping limit on our server, but something needs to happen.... yes its unfair on people with pings of over 300 however it is even more unfair on people with pings of less than 100 who cannot kill other clients with a ping of less than 100 cause they are dancing all over the place!

Crash warped into me mid air and killed me last night lol!

At peak times there needs to be a ping limit or the server performance will continue to be as bad as last night guys!

It really did ruin it for us last night, but we all thought the Round 2 Campaign is looking great and we love the new ideas you guys added in.

We just need to do something about the server warping and Lag... starting with a ping limit would be a great idea!

Hello Maverick. For our tests with 60 pilots in the past and now the ping limits are not the issue for ~350. The issue comes up for those who has more than 350 and when it keeps increasing.

Crash who are you talking about has a ping of 100ms ;) . His internet connection had problems though yesterday but it still gave a ping of ~100... So ping is not helping solving the big issues.

The big issues comes up when people start moving ground units . Yesterday we spotted one doing it and I was forced to kick him out to fix the problem.

I don't know how many times you had lag or warp issues in this server but I can say that we didn't have any reports the last 3 weeks except from the times we spotted moving groups.

Also lag issues that occur for 5-10 mins during 3 hour sessions can't really ruin the experience.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

Also lag issues that occur for 5-10 mins during 3 hour sessions can't really ruin the experience.

Sadly it can when you have refuelled an empty aircraft for 10 minutes, then flown for 30 minutes to get to where you should be then a warping client kills you... this can 100% ruin the experience Greg.

Perhaps because you only have to fly for 50nm before you get engaged by us you don't notice this ;) If you had to fly 200 miles to get to the enemy you would notice this more!

The ping limit is an issue, I know some of my other guys have mentioned this to you before and you dont agree because of the tests you have done in the past.

I know the high pings cause problems, I've watched it happen with CPU usage by DCS when a client with high ping joins a server, I see it happening in real time everyday on my server.

We had bad lag all last night, I don't know how this can be unknown to you. It happened for the entire 3 hours we flew, it is not a random isolated incidident because someone was moving ground units. The entire time people with pings of over 350 were connected, we saw people warping all over the place... not just me but the 6 other people I was on teamspeak with.

Yes 100% clients moving units in the mission causes warping too ( can you not insert zones into the mission and not all clients to move a unit out of this zone or they get kicked?)

But high client pings are also causing the lag, until you start looking at this also you will continue to have warp and lagging problems, even when no one is using or moving ground units.

I know Crash's ping was 100, thats was I mentioned that it not cool at all when a client with a ping of less than 100 (me) cannot kill another client with a ping of less than 100 (Crash) because the server is warping so badly he completely disappears from my radar screen.

Kindly keep in mind that I am no stranger to multiplayer hosting and the issues surrounding it, I am not a random who has just started flying online in DCS, who doesn't know what he is talking about ;)

S!

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Maverick - we will take it under account and see what we can do, at the moment the ping limit is 400 and we will monitor.

If you or anyone see any lags during the mission, please let us know either through Teamspeak or through the chat in game and we will start to check what might be the problem.

Well I wanted to post these here anyway!

I actually had an awesome time last night, being a little sick this past weekend I came back to the campaign rejuvenated!

Managed to get some kills with the F-15C, capture 2 FARPs with the IAF, give some GCI directions to the guys on the TS and do some damage control at the Sochi area with some surprise SAM traps in the ground commander!

Here are some screenshot people have been sending us from the campaign:

Screen_150913_024803.jpg Screen_150912_020516_1.jpg

Screen_150912_021441_1.jpg Screen_150913_022505.jpg

Screen_150912_020516_1.jpgScreen_150912_181919.jpg

@Maverick - we will take it under account and see what we can do, at the moment the ping limit is 400 and we will monitor.

Many thanks!

And please don't confuse anything negative from my end with ill intentions!

I really enjoy flying this event with everyone else and want to help to make them better, this is where the frustration comes from... we're having so much fun that the lag really kicks us in the teeth!

Keep up the great work!

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sooooooooo...

There I was...flying around Sochi, looking for ground targets that weren't already smoking and waiting for helos to arrive when suddenly, up pops a message saying Scochi is 100% repaired and the SA-11 site that SECONDS BEFORE was a smoking ruins is instantly alive and well and FLIPPING MISSILES AT ME!

How about setting an appropriate delay between the time the base is repaired and the time the SAMs go active to allow people a chance to egress to a safe distance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.