Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 2

gregzagk

Please consider removing the Combined Arms slots - I know this won't be popular.

Or...

Find a way to disable the movement of all controllable Ground Units.

People cannot be trusted not to move the ground units, even members of squadrons who were all on teamspeak were caught moving ground units even though they knew 100% they were not allowed to do it!

They would drop infantry troops off outside the zone of where they needed to be because they kept on getting shot down then they just moved all the units into the zone on foot, despite us telling them over and over again to STOP moving the ground units!

It didn't just happen on Blue I know the Red side were up to this too. I know that CA adds a whole new element to the battle but is it worth it if its going to ruin everyone else's experience because some idiot wants to troll people?

If there is no way to stop clients moving ground units and the only alternative is to 'Trust people' I highly recommend removing CA units all together until ED sorts out the multiplayer bugs involved with CA so we can use it properly!

This is becoming a real problem when the server is busy, even though everyone knows you are not allowed to move ground units, someone will always still do it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was the first thing we had to deal with. We improved it by adding static units inside the groups . That way you can't move groups but it still can cause issues.

We know until now that it doen's cause issues when you drive on first person a unit so it's only when you move them from the F10 map.

As we want to have the removing of Combined arms slots as our last option we will try to find other ways first like changing more units to static (by static I mean fortification units & ZU-23's emplacements).

The good news are that lag issues caused by the server itself were spotted 3 times in total since start and all other issues reported were depending on clients (not connection but mostly fps issues). So let's hope to eliminate them.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I'm struggling to keep interest for my squadron because they don't all want to keep logging F-15C's and they've had enough of getting shot down in choppers and A-10C's now.

The inter-sqn work has died a death now, no one puts their orange lights on anymore, we had at least three acting as AWACS on day 1. Degenerated into a more standard pvp server now. Also signs of toxicity now in chat and oddly in TS. Shame. Think we will wait a bit till the hype calms down and the feature sets are refined.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Static units sound like a great idea Greg!

Even if you guys don't find a perfect solution straight away, having a compromise that works for everyone that would work in the short term until you figure out something more complex that is stable, would be great!

Hopefully CA players will all understand that having them in static units is good news for all of us in the short term, once ED get round to fixing this issue with the moving units causing warp they can be doing drive bys to their hearts content!

Until then... dig a hole! And defend it! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm struggling to keep interest for my squadron because they don't all want to keep logging F-15C's and they've had enough of getting shot down in choppers and A-10C's now.

The inter-sqn work has died a death now, no one puts their orange lights on anymore, we had at least three acting as AWACS on day 1. Degenerated into a more standard pvp server now. Also signs of toxicity now in chat and oddly in TS. Shame. Think we will wait a bit till the hype calms down and the feature sets are refined.

I agree - I wouldn't say it's become mundane but certainly more secular. Despite agreeing a plan at the start of day 1 it was disappointing to see so many individual groups chasing after things; I almost think that perhaps if we'd stuck to the plan the war might be over already, or perhaps that's wishful thinking.

An appeal to everyone: this is a simulator, not a game. A massive part of combat strategy is communication and teamwork. I don't think I need to say any more...

It is easy to stop player from moving units

Search and replace:
["playerCanDrive"] = true,

with 

["playerCanDrive"] = false,

in mission file

Unfortunately the groups seems to be able to move through the F10 map with that option.

Greg

Both sides are moving ground units Mav, and you know it.

Also i appreciate a lot your work trying to ban anyone who do that. Thanks.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Then I guess that at present DCS World it is only by script you can check for movement and kick the commander currently in the moving vehicle.

It's not so easy unfortunately as we don't have issues with commanders moving units in 1st person. As the rules say we don't allow movement of groups through cities etc.We allow moving single units in 1st person.

If you just get in a unit and move it or shoot you don't produce any issues. This is based of course of our current test results and may change.

Greg

So rules allow moving a Stryker or a tank in an Airbase and hide it under a hangar or next to a house wall to stop capturing it?

If this is allowed i will start moving unit by unit in every Airbase outside enemy view and people will never find it anymore. I thought defending vehicles at bases and cities can't be moved to avoid exploits and cheats.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

So rules allow moving a Stryker or a tank in an Airbase and hide it under a hangar or next to a house wall to stop capturing it?

If this is allowed i will start moving unit by unit in every Airbase outside enemy view and people will never find it anymore. I thought defending vehicles at bases and cities can't be moved to avoid exploits and cheats.

There are thousands of ways to cheat. If it pleases you, you can try them... :dunno:

We are here to provide a nice template and people seems to like it and we try to improve through feedback. As the rules say we follow the same logic as the most DCS World servers follow. That of couse does not include to hide stuff in trees ,shelters under water etc...

We hope that occasions in which people will try to ruin it will be the exceptions. If many will try to follow a way like this then we won't bother to chase people.

Of course as it's something new for DCS World there will be questions and things that you will face for the first time such as organising tactics for days instead of hours.

So I propose to enjoy the fights which are still on and not worry about something that didn't happen in any of the campaign days. If you see it report it.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

We saw it last night. I'm not arguing or guessing. One ts mate was flying over Gudauta and saw crystal clear how someone drove a tank under the main hangat to hide it. So if nobody is aware of that you can fly over hours and hours trying to close the base but you never get it because this moving exploit.

I love this campaign. I have never flyed so much outside my squad private flights in my life. This campaign concept has so much potential and makes me feel so much illusion and willing to fly and fight that this, imho, cheats and exploits ruins my experince a lot.

I love meeting people so well known here at the forums that i only have readed they post and when you at last can speak on ts with them, hearing they voices for the first time, discovering how they are, how they flight and how they smile and are making jokes that is simply amazing.

Pure online gold.

So when we put so great efforts and illusion to play fair, coperative and in good mood and we saw this exploits the experince is ruined. Sum the unbalance at night when no opposition at all makes blue life so easy and, its not your fault, random server crashes just when we are just over a base to capture it and everyone can understand my wish sometimes to give up.

Maybe im sufferring so much because i love this campaign a lot and i only want to improve it. So much potential to be a online game changer for DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could we also potentially have Waypoints for the Fighters for each PAK Zone?

Wp 1 = BZ

Wp 2 = Center of PAK 1

Wp 3 = Center of PAK 2 etc...

This would make co-ordinating Fighters a bit easier as we can change BZ to something closer to where we are operating.

So rather than calling out bandits 245nm from BZ 080 we can call out Bandit 20nm East of WP 5 etc, makes our workload a little less.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could the ground troops be linked by triggers to the zones they are defending?

Like: "part of group out of zone -> disable/destroy group -> respawn after 30 minutes"?

:thumbup: thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

@Esac: I see no problem with using 1st person for hiding tanks under an open hangar.

It's called setting up an ambush and it is very realistic. Being an ex-military ground forces myself, I can assure you that no soldier would wait exposed in the open...

Its not even considered hiding because the CA of the opposing side will see the tank in the F10 view if you overfly close enough.

IMHO allowing the 1st person mobility of ground units adds a good tactical dimension to the campaign.

Offcourse I am all against the CA moving units from the F10 map and if I see anybody doing this I will report them immediately.

S!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

no ideas about player balancing, but:

1. how about adding a commander channel on ts? 2 dudes who will be overall campaign commanders? squadrons follow orders. these 2 dudes are in the tactical commander slot watching over the f10 map and its developments with whispers to all squadrons?

i never know whats the big picture and to find out is a hassle. certainly not effective.

2. how about making being in ts mandatory? those with their wife and kids sleeping in the same room can still be on ts but just listen and not talk.

worked well with other games.

We did this. It's exactly that and setup in the manual with instructions, wish more people would read it :(

It went like this:

Campaign 1: Awesome, everyone joined in, AWACS going out, people shared tactics.

Campaign two: Two SQN's put passwords on their channels, we get three awacs running, channel commander is finished.

no ideas about player balancing, but:

1. how about adding a commander channel on ts? 2 dudes who will be overall campaign commanders? squadrons follow orders. these 2 dudes are in the tactical commander slot watching over the f10 map and its developments with whispers to all squadrons?

i never know whats the big picture and to find out is a hassle. certainly not effective.

2. how about making being in ts mandatory? those with their wife and kids sleeping in the same room can still be on ts but just listen and not talk.

worked well with other games.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

an awacs isnt really a commander. but either way...

my experience:

noones reading stuff

kick dudes that dont teamplay

be persistent, people will adapt

commanders are needed who push everyone

things don't work like a charm from the start. not if you incorporate concepts that are new to most.

commanding a whole campaign is something different than commanding a squadron. but i'm sure some guys would be up for that. here's where some staff work and a coc would work wonders.

but most importantly:

bluflag is the closest i've seen to a proper combined arms campaign in dcs. i think it's way cool and definitely a huge improvement over regular online pvp. i like it a lot :-)

and despite all teething problems it's surely worth sticking with it.

cheers

Day:3 war update.

Day:3

The second round started last Friday night and the rush to join and fight was madness!

The clashes went on throughout the weekend with REDFOR managing to hold most of the assets for two days straight.

However BLUFOR made a dash grabbing east front on Sunday night.

REDFOR is slowly in the process of gaining territory inching forward bit by bit, but can they keep up when BLUFOR amasses their numbers?

bbuSKD1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://buddyspike.net/

Sunday night 17 vs 0.

XDDD...

Yes they are amassing they forces....

Monday night and campaign will be over.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Blue will win - no doubt.

1. Red can`t fly whole night to stop blue in their day - Time zones problem

2. To many lonevolfs not cooperate - Tehy just join and play for their fun

3. Red who want to cooperate fly only choper - but no bombers or fighters in that time

4. Red who want to cooperate fly only bomber - but no chopers or fighters in that time

5. Red just don`t have enough fighters in every moment

6. To much bombers, chopers and lonevolf slots

7. To many ppl are in GC and move (hide) units = cheat > exploit...

To many things must be changed for ex. rules.

I know, maybe blue forces have same problems but MAIN problem is 24h with players from dif. time zones.

I hope these problems will be solved somehow.

Campaign is the best although there are these problems.

This morning i wakeup, drink coffe, open BS desktop app and almost heart atack... tomorrow i will die for sure. :pilotfly:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH!