Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 2

gregzagk

;2474262']

Strikers should follow Fighters, not the other way around!

Sorry But I have to disagree with this! this is an objective based map, where the objective is to capture and hold airbases and Farps, the biggest assets are strikers and choppers, just because you want to set up a CAP over an area doesn't necessarily mean that should be where the strikers strike. there needs to be an agreed objective and a coordinated approach to how an attack is done.. not just follow the fighters.

Don't also forget that Choppers have short legs, and most attack aircraft are slow. if a mission is formed it's a deliberate movement in one direction. they can't switch just because the CAP has moved on.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;2474262']Alright, back up a bit there sportsfan!

Our channel is passworded, not because we don't want to work together or we don't want to play strategically, our channel is locked so we can do our job!

-

Hi Maverick

Just a little question: Could there be other ways than to password protect your channel?

For instance that it is emphasized that you only talk on squadron channels if welcomed, otherwise stay quiet?

I was just thinking, maybe other players could learn about brevity, by letting them listen in on the action?

Would be a more welcoming approach also. :)

Just a suggestion, trying to see it both ways here. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

@Esac: I see no problem with using 1st person for hiding tanks under an open hangar.

It's called setting up an ambush and it is very realistic. Being an ex-military ground forces myself, I can assure you that no soldier would wait exposed in the open...

I agree in principle...I have no issue with ground units being controlled by players and hiding around the objective...that's real life. However, when they move a unit away from the objective and hide it for the purpose of preventing the opposing side from capturing the objective....it's simply cheating.

I like the suggestion of killing the offending player after a set amount of time outside the assigned zone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

;2474262']

Saturday night was a great example, 3 hours protecting Beslan with 4 wingmen while it was a 0% while a group of 5+ Strikers all co-ordinated to take Nalchik....

I recall telling VEAF and IASATAG what we were doing but we had no visibility of 104ths intentions. We should work on that, with the Orange light ;) Both sets of people came into our channel to discuss, we would have liked the opportunity to do it the other way around I guess.

I recall the discussion over Nalchik or Mozdok with IASATAG, there were two reasons we worked with VEAF for Nalchik - one, that we knew despite whatever we said loads of others would be at Beslan anyway because it was the enemies logical attack point, the other that it holds the chopper slot for hop-on captures to Vody to close down the 373 and isolate Mozdok's weaker fighter force.

CAP in this case worked as a distraction for drawing away interest from Nalchik, but at no point was the choice made to follow a CAP first and I cvertainly never had a discussion with 104th about it. As Smudge says, the order goes, pick the objective, provide the CAP and Strikers as one.

So this discusison is about doing more, being better and excelling before anyone gets the wrong idea. I don't want folks to think its ok to turn up and kill bad guys on their own. The best results are achieved with teamwork and I hope that promoting better communication is the key, with examples.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Day:4 war update.

Day:4

8z6RRsK.jpg

Things are heating up, tensions are rising, its to the firewall for everyone! Both sides are engaged in a bloody race with bone crunching dogfights and eyeball twitching nerve wrecking strike missions. While BLUFOR is mainly managing the theater up at least to this point, REDFOR seems to gather enough juice to make a comeback. Day four is about to peak, strap in and get ready and fight!

On a personal note, yesterday I had a new visceral experience in DCS. I was preflighting my A-10 at night in Maykop when I was hearing enemy planes overhead so I immediately panicked and killed my lights to stay unnoticed... maybe...

It was fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://buddyspike.net/

;2474262'] If that means you have to orbit in a hold and wait for 30-40 mins bored out your face' date=' paranoid your going to get a ghost ET in the face any second cursing us till we get there then so be it... welcome to my world ;)[/quote']

First of all if im orbiting then im doing nothing but giving the enemy a nice target to shoot at so that's not even on the cards waiting for 30-40 mins for you show up.

and secondly i don't wait for anyone to save me, if you get your virtual heads blown up that's your own fault I sure as hell wont be around waiting to get whacked by the same guys that would have shot you down when your CAP failed.

Third i wouldn't put my virtual life in the hands of someone whos named after a guy who got his WSO killed in a movie.;)

Great Day for Red Team... THX at 373 Pilots, 238,lbae and all the Pilots who have working hard to recover all the territories lost during the European night. ;)

In order to participate in the day I took even one day off work...:)

What a recovery!

I opened the blue flag website - http://opblueflag-buddyspike.rhcloud.com/

And saw that the all the north east is now red again!

Good job reds, Blue let's get back to work!! I think we have spoken enough in the forums :pilotfly:

Maverick wrote

Saturday night was a great example, 3 hours protecting Beslan with 4 wingmen while it was a 0% while a group of 5+ Strikers all co-ordinated to take Nalchik....

I would have been happy to fly to Beslan for you, but please look at it from my perspective, I log in Saturday night, I see 104th is on and some 99th and Mach Potato guys as well as lone-wolves I recognize from the 104th server.

I first instinct is to joint he 104th channel, but it is pw'ed, I send a text on TS to a few people in the channel asking to be let in, no response.

I head down to the Mach Potato room, they are taking Nalchik, so I decide to join them.

I fly for a long time in the huey and i am almost to Nalchek when Apo who is trying to coordinate everything asks me to go to Beslan.

I would have gone there from the start if you told me. At first I decide to stick with my plan to head to Nalchek once that is secure i turn for Beslan but get killed by red air in route.

I think alot of us Strikers would love to coordinate with you but if there is another group who will talk to me on TS I am going to fly to where they are.

I would like to see us meet in a common channel at the restart and have a briefing then you can head off to your pw'ed TS is thats what you want to do,

How does that sound?

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

As Blue CA let me tell you, at times coordination is a nightmare. Only guy I have been able to whisper to via channel commander was Xcom. Everyone please think about that. Luckily red is suffering the same coordination problems, they dont have whisper too. (as far as I can see) :D

On the comms, sorry guys, I can totally understand the 104th. If there is a channel with 6+ people and the atmosphere is 'chatty' it will not be productive communications. By now I know most of the 'random pvpers' from flying on the 104th etc. and I have nothing personal against anyone.

But please recognize this: Some people dont like off topic chatter while doing something focused. For me it doesn't have to be full brevity the whole times. There can be jokes, fun, banter but PLEASE not while there is ANY fighting at all going on.

Once you hear any bandit, threat, objective etc. called out, shut your mouth, let the people speak and wait your turn. Step back and think if what you are saying is really that important.

But also I am not going into another channel as guest and will then whine about how it's too loud/undisciplined. Everyone plays differently and that's a good thing, but we see the trouble when different mind sets & expectations meet.

@Toast, that was a bad situation, I was getting really overwhelmed by chat, no whisper function yet and A LOT going on everywhere.

Edited by ApoNOOB

Apo, I applaud your efforts to coordinate,

I like the idea of all getting together for a quick huddle. server reset would be the most logical time to do it.

next time i am on and the server is about to reset I will ask that all who are staying on past the reset land your planes and hop on the same channel for 5 minutes

then you can go back to your own channels.

I will see if anyone bites

I

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders,_decorations,_and_medals_of_the_Soviet_Union#Military_medals

373rd guys, do you think you all can bestow some decorations on the brave heroes of the Western Caucasus this Tuesday, September 15th.

I'd like to thank methosXX, Viking_Tsunami, BadHabit, Ram, the 127.lae Vitezovi, and many others (chime in, I have missed some who definitely deserve recognition) for advancing all the way to Gudauta and suppressing the heck out of Sukhumi while we reinforced our position.

In this darkest of hours, I could not have asked for finer men.

За успех!

За дружбу!

За удачу! (forgive me if I butchered that, I was just googling for something to say!)

Text chat is way wayyy enough to coordknate flight. Whisper just drove our squadron nut we got rid of it. While voice chat is pertinent within a flight, when you want to send a huey to a place X you dont really need voice comm. Voice comm may actually be counter productive, since not all people have enough skill to talk/lsten, while they can perfectly read english. mportant message should get teamtexted.

Sorry for the poor writing, i'm on mobile device since computer is down. :(

Maybe red side are on a comeback because they don't have passworded channels and so are working better as a single team..............

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Text chat is way wayyy enough to coordknate flight. Whisper just drove our squadron nut we got rid of it. While voice chat is pertinent within a flight, when you want to send a huey to a place X you dont really need voice comm. Voice comm may actually be counter productive, since not all people have enough skill to talk/lsten, while they can perfectly read english. mportant message should get teamtexted.

Sorry for the poor writing, i'm on mobile device since computer is down. :(

I disagree. Using teamspeak is not just about communicating but rather about maintaining situational awareness. So yes you may be able to request a Huey to support using text chat but listening in on TS will give the SA as to where they are, threats they are facing etc. If my squadron is not flying and I am a lone wolf, I like to join a channel to gain SA but will stay silent although this is now difficult to do since the campaign is becoming insular and unwelcoming with channel passwords.

You are only able to use text chat now because people use TS. If we relies more on text chat as you suggest then it will suddenly be swamped with messages, most of which will not add value and the key messages will get lost in the mire and people will simply choose to ignore the streams of text chat as it will distract them from flying.

I personally am disappointed that some channels are passworded as DCS is a game, not real life, and as such it should strive to be as welcoming and inclusive as possible so we can share our passion and hobby with others. Real lives are not at risk so lighten up and open your doors to others who simply want to experience what it is like to fly with a professional squadron. Take those chatty lonewolves under your wing and teach/develop them as virtual pilots. Teach them procedures and brevity but NEVER exclude, it only hinders and limits our great community.

There is no place for elitism in DCS.

Jacks out

Edited by Jacks
  • Like 2

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

That REDFOR fighter about to shoot your Huey down, of course you don't need to know about that.

Can't imagine a situation where i'd chose chat over TS, especially when CA is involved.

Hu buddy...

NACK. Especially yesterday I experienced myself how productive it is to lead or warn the aircraft by voice.

The key for success here is to keep the comms at minimum and stop talking if a 'break' call was made. Thougj you can handle 20 clients in one TS-room.

Remark: Best way would be definitely to split up the comms (flight-internal

and broadcast), but we're not at that level and so we have to deal with it that way... np.

Adding additional chat is kinda overload if the map is crowded.

anyone who thinks 20 dudes in one channel can work efficiently has never experienced a working chain of command and proper voice procedures.

it may seem to work all right because it's better than any random chaos, yet still far away from what's actually possible.

i don't understand why established, competitive units shall drop their standards to cater for the more uncoordinated rest. if anything it should be the other way round. support your strongest assets.

and noone is surely denying the fact that those squadrons that lock their channels fail to support the overal goal.

unless there is one established overall commander i wouldn't go out and blame anyone for not supporting their team.

either way, no offence, just my 2c :-)