ME - Tanker RTB on low fuel, what should i do?

Doum76

Greetings guys,

I'm creating a Mission to train, mainly using the F-15C or A-10C, and i have 2 tanker's slower for the A-10C, and a faster one for the F-15Cs, and also an AWAC, all three of them have their routes and Turn over point and so on, ma question is, once they end up RTB for low fuel, how can i make then get back to their route after refueling , in other word i'm limited in the ME and i need some cue as to what i should do si they are always up and runing?

Thanks

Greetings guys,

I'm creating a Mission to train, mainly using the F-15C or A-10C, and i have 2 tanker's slower for the A-10C, and a faster one for the F-15Cs, and also an AWAC, all three of them have their routes and Turn over point and so on, ma question is, once they end up RTB for low fuel, how can i make then get back to their route after refueling , in other word i'm limited in the ME and i need some cue as to what i should do si they are always up and runing?

Thanks

Here is a sample mission with some lua code imbedded to do pretty much what you want. (Some one elses code that I gleaned from the forums), there are better solutions about now.

Cheers, Ian.

Test - Tanker Respawn with MIST v2.miz

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

You can do this...

You have one of the aircraft's flight path, and sounds like you have an orbit at one of the waypoints, maybe it is an oval orbit between two waypoints, let's say the WP #s are 2 and 3. The a/c will orbit until it needs to RTB. Have a WP #4 that is on the way back to the airbase. At that WP4 add an advanced waypoint action to turn on a flag that will be used to activate a replacement a/c that can start at the base or in the air -- your choice. Use this code --

--- set a flag at a waypoint

'Perform Command', Run Script

trigger.action.setUserFlag(71007, 1)

--- end of set a flag at a waypoint

Alternative is to simply activate a replacement a/c at about the time the original one is expected to bingo fuel. That same event can be used to send the original a/c RTB.

If there is a possibility that any of the original a/c can be destroyed, then this replacement a/c approach can be used to launch on the original's Is Dead condition. Don't count out tk'ers in a multiplayer mission, as they can ruin a mission if not accommodated for...

This ^^^ is not exactly the solution you want but it will keep your platform types flying.

See more code tips from my site's resources section, file called WC's mist examples.

WC

Edited by Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

You can do this...

You have one of the aircraft's flight path, and sounds like you have an orbit at one of the waypoints, maybe it is an oval orbit between two waypoints, let's say the WP #s are 2 and 3. The a/c will orbit until it needs to RTB. Have a WP #4 that is on the way back to the airbase. At that WP4 add an advanced waypoint action to turn on a flag that will be used to activate a replacement a/c that can start at the base or in the air -- your choice. Use this code --

--- set a flag at a waypoint

'Perform Command', Run Script

trigger.action.setUserFlag(71007, 1)

--- end of set a flag at a waypoint

Alternative is to simply activate a replacement a/c at about the time the original one is expected to bingo fuel. That same event can be used to send the original a/c RTB.

If there is a possibility that any of the original a/c can be destroyed, then this replacement a/c approach can be used to launch on the original's Is Dead condition. Don't count out tk'ers in a multiplayer mission, as they can ruin a mission if not accommodated for...

This ^^^ is not exactly the solution you want but it will keep your platform types flying.

See more code tips from my site's resources section, file called WC's mist examples.

WC

Thanks for the reply!

Great idea, having stand-by units to take off was brilliant! Thanks a lot! But i made it diff, since having a waypoint for it needs the unit to pass by the waypoint to ativate the flag, which, when RTB the AI decide where to land when a few airfield close by, which is the case in my mission, since it's clsoe to Kutaisi, i did lots of tried with tankers and Awac with low fuel state to see how they behave on the map view with sim time accelerated, save up time lol

And what i came up with is, having a trigger for each tanker and awac and when unit's X altitude below x will then activate the stand-by unit and take off. Since 2 reason the aircraft will drop altitude, either landing or crashing, when engaged by enemy they will loose some as evading but not much since they are immortals and i made reaction to threat Passive Evasion.

so what i did is made the triggers when they drop 2000 feet beow their cruise/route altitude, so even when bugged by enemies they won't drop 2000 feet. And keeping in mind thet the trigger Unit's altitude below.. is in meeters, so converting feets to metters, which at first was a huge problem when trying out, because it wasn't working and didn'T figured out why, and Manual was helpful;, pointing out the trigger is in meeters :))

Her my testing misison attached.

Edited by Doum76