Pre-Purchase NEVADA Test and Training Range

KEULE

I'm having a hard time figuring out if this post is sarcasm or passive aggressive.

Just pointing out that there is an etiquette and appropriate places/tones to make critics.

Things written like he did, imho just sound "unconstructive blame";

he was clearly stating his opinion about what he saw in the video (which is the very reason a forum exists) in a place it doesn't belong (because it's more a wishlist kind of statement) and in a rude manner, which I found inappropriate.

No sarcasm intended (English is not my first language either).

Back to the topic, sorry for the deviation.

Edited by OttoPus
OT contents

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, later it changes to the choice of one of the two, and I suspect, but don't know for certain, that eventually, you'll need to purchase both separately.

But of course, later you also get large discount sales. I guess it just depends on how flush you are, and how impatient. I always buy as soon as the products are released, but that's just me.

Hello everyone.I understand that if I buy NTTR now I will get two Red Flag missions.My question is:If I not buy now and buy later with full price-do I still get those two Red Flag missions?

If you buy before October 1st, you will get the 20% discount and both Red Flag campaigns. If you buy after October 1st and before the release, then you will get the 20% discount and the choice of 1 of the campaigns. After the release you will have to pay full price for the map and each of the campaigns.

• ED Team
Is 40$ not a bit overprized for a map?

This should not be an offensiv, just a question which was a long time in my head.

For planes, i can understand that but for a map?

There is probably an equal amount of work and effort going into these maps as there is going into modules.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

This should not be an offensiv, just a question which was a long time in my head.

I think a good map is just as important as modules and I would imagine just as much, probably more, work has been put into recreating the nttr as accurately as possible as any module. Even without the 2 free campaigns it would be worth 40 dollars considering the orginal map has been the basis of years of fun and rewarding gameplay for years for some people I would imagine.

There is probably an equal amount of work and effort going into these maps as there is going into modules.

I would say in this case even more, because it features all new goods that 2.0 brings.

This is not just map, it is whole new version of Sim. I think that some companies would consider justified to charge whole thing once again. Therefore I think this is fair play from ed.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Also, its not just the map and campaign that needs to be paid for.

It has also taken a significant amount of time to rebuild the graphics rendering engine in order to make the map work in the game.

Also don't forget that the A-10C release date was in 2008, and the Nevada map was meant to be released back then.

So it has taken 7 years to get to a point where an ALPHA release may be shown to the public. 7 years of hard development work and were only paying 40 dollars, it's a steal really.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

This should not be an offensive, just a question which was a long time in my head.

You will probably spend more time in the map than in a single module, really think about it as time spent versus $ spent. And if you take it further then just compare how many hours you will spend savoring those 40$ and how much time you spend Savoring other hobbies like, cinema, beer, wine, smoking etc...:huh:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Also don't forget that the A-10C release date was in 2008,...

Feb 21, 2011 actually.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Considering that in FSX/Prepar3D a single airport can cost well over $40, I'd say it's a pretty good bargain! We get at least 4 detailed airports in the NTTR package - KLAS, Nellis AFB, Area 51, and Creech AFB and a full Las Vegas city as well!! I think it's a steal!!!

Just think of it this way: How much did 40 bucks get you last time you went to "insert fast food joint here". And how much satisfaction did you get from that?

The new map will get you much more :)

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

add a list of "hope to" will comming to NTTR: New textures, Better and New mesh, Better and additional 3D model objects, Tonopah Test Range Airport, Fort Irwin NTC (National Training Center) Combined arms Training / Mission / Campaing zone, Saint George Country St. George Municipal Airport (SGU / KSGU) (From Wags videos).

After some module with high price and expectation, I think 40usd is a good price for now to me and it could get 2 free mission, hope it won't broken my high expectation.

Yeah I normally wait for the sales to pick up bits as I don't play all that often, but this seemed like such a good deal as standard (on pre-order), that I snapped it up.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Question: Will it be possible to mod this map? I'm asking because I'm a bit OCD about some of the name changes. It would be neat if users could make the changes on their own thereby removing liability from ED.

It should just be a matter of locating the correct texture file and changing it, I would guess there will be quite a few name mods coming in the weeks following the release.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While we are waiting for the map release, it is neat to look at NTTR map locations in the news. The next Red Bull Air Racing event is going to happen over here, The Las Vegas Motor Speedway, a location we will get to visit in simulation, when the wonderfully detailed NTTR map is released:

attachment.php?attachmentid=97059&d=1397772339