Alternative CSAR Script

Ciribob

Problem solved for script configuration, I forgot to reload the script in the ME. But I still have no sound at all

I just switched your Mi8 out for a Huey and I could hear the siren you've selected instead of the normal beacon sound. I'm not sure of the radio settings so you can hear the beacon in the Mi8, sorry!

Make sure in your mission that all CSAR player helicopters are in their own group (1 group for each player) otherwise you'll have issues with the radio menu.

Also i'd make the sound last for 30 seconds instead of a few as the sound only repeats every 30 seconds so its easy to miss. You should still be able to home after the sound has finished playing though.

If the slot block is enabled the timeout settings doesn't seem to work, is this by design?

Hmm no the timeout should still work... Haven't tested in a while so its possible its broken. I'm working on a new version that changes how the slot blocking works and gives you some new options. Hopefully will be ready to release this weekend. Thanks for reporting! :)

Sorry for the slow reply guys :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The Mi-8 uses the ARK-UD for VHF homing and it needs to be triggered in the mission editor. It has 6 preset channels and one UHF emergency channel (243.000).

As far as I know, the R-863 cannot be used for VHF homing, the R-828 can so there's a possibility to use those freqs as beacon signal frequencies.

I'll look into it later.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 2 weeks later...

New version of the CSAR Script v1.9.0 - 1.5 & 2.0 Compatible!

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all CSAR players are in separate groups / flights ***

Change log:

• Added 3 different modes for Aircraft disabling
  • Crashes / Ejections on the ground no longer trigger a message or aircraft loss (if slot blocking is enabled)
  • Better slot blocking script
  • Added better documentation to GitHub

This is quite a large change so please let me know if you spot any issues!

The 3 modes are (Mode 0 is no aircraft disabling):

• Mode 1 - Disable the specific aircraft when it crashes or is destroyed for All players - Re-enabled when the pilot is rescued or after a set time
  • Mode 2 - Disable the specific aircraft when it crashes or is destroyed for The pilot that crashed / ejected - Re-enabled when the pilot is rescued or after a set time
  • Mode 3 - No specific aircraft disabling. Each pilot has a number of lives and can no longer fly when their lives are used up

Its recommended that you leave the csar.disableAircraftTimeout = true if you use Mode 1 as otherwise its possible that all aircraft in a mission could be disabled!

You can configure how long an aircraft is disabled in Mode 1 or Mode 2 by changing csar.disableTimeoutTime which will control how long until an aircraft will be disabled for in minutes.

I've also added the two new functions listed below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-- Resets all life limits so everyone can spawn again. Usage:
-- csar.resetAllPilotLives()
--
function csar.resetAllPilotLives()
   csar.pilotLives = {}
   env.info("Pilot Lives Reset!")
end

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-- Resets all life limits so everyone can spawn again. Usage:
-- csar.resetAllPilotLives()
--
function csar.resetPilotLife(_playerName)
   csar.pilotLives[_playerName] = nil
   env.info("Pilot life Reset!")
end

Make sure you have the new MIST 4.0.57 !

Fully compatible with 1.5 with working radio beacons for homing to pilots

By default AI pilots don't need rescuing and you can fly a CSAR heli after ejecting even if the pilot isn't rescued. These defaults are easily changeable at the top of CSAR.lua for your missions :)

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

Please see Github for latest code

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR

Please Note: For radio beacons to work you must add beacon.ogg to your mission!

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Do you have any idea whether CSAR and CTLD scripts are compatible to run together in a mission?

Cheers

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

They can easily work together in a mission. In fact, if you look through the .lua file, you can see that both naming conventions are copied into each script thus enabling CSAR helicopters to slingloading and transport helicopters to perform CSAR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Thanks

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Hello, and thanks for your script, it's awesome.

I've a question about it because, on my mission, all aircraft are over the sea and they go to capture Senaki and Kobuleti.

But, if a pilot need to eject, the script doesn't work.

how can i edit the script if all aircraft are Turning Point?

Mission editor question.

Does each client needs to be in separate single unit group or else script will have issues? Or may I use single group of 4 helicopters with setting as client?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Mission editor question.

Does each client needs to be in separate single unit group or else script will have issues? Or may I use single group of 4 helicopters with setting as client?

Always have clients in separate groups.

There is only a way to add Radio Commands to groups and messages to groups, not single units which is why you have to have groups containing only one client and no one else.

See the top of every release post :P

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all CSAR players are in separate groups / flights ***

:)

I kindly ask you all to join <51>SERVER via lobby or via URL 51st.hopto.org and test latest implementation and knee board waypoints. UH-1 and Mi-8 slots. I do not own these modules.

tail# 44 or 444

Ciribob, I know that in the CTLD script you can deploy radio beacons which are given a random frequency which allows the aircrafts to home in on this.

Now, I'm no scripting expert in any shape or form, but for the CSAR script, would it be possible to have a radio beacon be deployed wit a frequnecy from a table selecting one of the six frequencies the ARK-UD can receive??

In case of more then 6 ejections, the first beacon should be deactivated and the newest takes this spot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ciribob, I know that in the CTLD script you can deploy radio beacons which are given a random frequency which allows the aircrafts to home in on this.

Now, I'm no scripting expert in any shape or form, but for the CSAR script, would it be possible to have a radio beacon be deployed wit a frequnecy from a table selecting one of the six frequencies the ARK-UD can receive??

In case of more then 6 ejections, the first beacon should be deactivated and the newest takes this spot.

Yup in theory but as the radios are used by both sides it doesnt leave too many ejections before it duplicates. :(

Out of interest have you tried the ARC-9 Radio on the Mi-8? You can use that to home in already. They're CTLD instructions but its the same for CSAR here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2758768

With the latest release of CSAR I am unable to return the down pilot to any field, FARP or mash. All other functions are working fine, and I've been using CSAR on this mission for a long time. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

With the latest release of CSAR I am unable to return the down pilot to any field, FARP or mash. All other functions are working fine, and I've been using CSAR on this mission for a long time. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Fixed. Just posting release now.

It should've been working for MASH's but the Airfield / FARP were bugged. Thanks for reporting :)

New version of the CSAR Script v1.9.1 - 1.5 & 2.0 Compatible!

Change log:

• Fixed FARP / Airfield return of pilots
  • CSAR ejection works for Air-start aircraft

This is a small release just to fix the bugs listed above.

Make sure you have the new MIST 4.0.57 !

Fully compatible with 1.5 with working radio beacons for homing to pilots

By default AI pilots don't need rescuing and you can fly a CSAR heli after ejecting even if the pilot isn't rescued. These defaults are easily changeable at the top of CSAR.lua for your missions :)

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

Please see Github for latest code

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR

Please Note: For radio beacons to work you must add beacon.ogg to your mission!

What if pilot parachutes over water? Will a speed boat be then spawned or smth ;) ? Could not find information.

Edit : I see now, soldier unit standing on water Jesus like waiting for pickup :)

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

How to do it, in general when any CSAR aircraft brings downed live pilot to Airbase, FARP or MASH vehicle it shall launch trigger for certain FLAG value increase or just increase selected flag directly from script (?)

tail# 44 or 444

How to do it, in general when any CSAR aircraft brings downed live pilot to Airbase, FARP or MASH vehicle it shall launch trigger for certain FLAG value increase or just increase selected flag directly from script (?)

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR/blob/master/CSAR.lua#L1258

This function here is called when pilots are rescued.

You can just add a trigger.action.setUserFlag(1,100) call

More info on setUserFlag http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_func_setUserFlag

Can you expand what it means how 'just add it', where exactly in code, how would it look then, inside CSAR Lua script I presume, if so how to place it?

Is this correct?

function csar.rescuePilots(_heliUnit)
   local _rescuedGroups = csar.inTransitGroups[_heliUnit:getName()]
    trigger.action.setUserFlag(1,100)
   if _rescuedGroups == nil then
       -- Groups already rescued
       return
   end

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Can you expand what it means how 'just add it', where exactly in code, how would it look then, inside CSAR Lua script I presume, if so how to place it?

Is this correct?

local _rescuedGroups = csar.inTransitGroups[_heliUnit:getName()]
    trigger.action.setUserFlag(1,100)
   if _rescuedGroups == nil then
       -- Groups already rescued
       return
   end

Pretty much yes!

the function just has the line added:

--get the flag value from 1
local _flag = trigger.misc.getUserFlag(1)
-- set the flag value and increase by one
trigger.action.setUserFlag(1,_flag+1)

Just add that below

:)

Now I am so lost =) am I to edit current CSAR script or make another Lua code and load? Can you help me with final example?

tail# 44 or 444

I think I got it! I am learning LUA guys! Amazing, I thought I will never program again since my childhood in BASIC language.

Now more difficult exercise! There are two flags, nr:2 for Red coalition and nr:3 for Blue coalition. How to differentiate for Red helicopters picking up Red pilots and increase flag#2 +value, and same analogy for Blue.

tail# 44 or 444

• 2 weeks later...

I got version 1.9.1 to complete the rescue if I take the rescued pilot to an airbase but not if I take them to a FARB or MASH unit. Anyone know if there is something i am doing wrong. The FARB is country=USA and the MASH is named BlueMASH #1 Also wondering how close to the MASH unit would you need to land? Can't find that number anywhere..