Alternative CSAR Script

Ciribob

I think I got it! I am learning LUA guys! Amazing, I thought I will never program again since my childhood in BASIC language.

Now more difficult exercise! There are two flags, nr:2 for Red coalition and nr:3 for Blue coalition. How to differentiate for Red helicopters picking up Red pilots and increase flag#2 +value, and same analogy for Blue.

Does anyone know how to do that?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Pretty much yes!

the function just has the line added:

--get the flag value from 1
local _flag = trigger.misc.getUserFlag(1)
-- set the flag value and increase by one
trigger.action.setUserFlag(1,_flag+1)

Just add that below

function csar.rescuePilots(_heliUnit)

:)

Hey shamandgg,

Since I cannot attach files to PMs, I just pick up your question here, where it originated from I guess.

As Ciribob suggested, it should work to change a flag value as outlined. If you want to considere the coaltion the playerunit is, you just include an if-then loop into this for each coalition. You try to add the following lines in the function

function Csar.rescuePilots(_heliUnit)

local _redflag = 1--enter the number of the flag here
local _blueflag = 2--enter the number of the flag here

local _heliUnitcoaltion = Unit.getCoalition(_heliUnit)

if _heliUnitcoaltion == 1
then
	local _blueflagvalue = trigger.misc.getUserFlag(blueflag)
	trigger.action.setUserFlag(redflag,_redflagvalue+1)
	trigger.action.outText("Red Pilot rescued. Flag #"..string.format(_redflag).." was increased by one.\n\nFlagvalue is now: "..string.format(_blueflagvalue),20)
end

if _heliUnitcoaltion == 2
then
	local _redflagvalue = trigger.misc.getUserFlag(redflag)	
	trigger.action.setUserFlag(blueflag,_blueflagvalue+1)
	trigger.action.outText("Blue Pilot rescued. Flag #"..string.format(_blueflag).." was increased by one.\n\nFlagvalue is now: "..string.format(_redflagvalue),20)
end

I had no time to test and debugg this. This fun would be up to you. :music_whistling:

Attached you also find the CSAR.lua which I modified to show you were to add the lines. Let me know, if this works for you.

CSAR_Mod51th_v0.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Hello, this is exciting. Let me implement this, do tests with our fearless loyal testers and report back to scripting community here. Thank you for finding time to look at it and best regards!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 1 month later...

Is it possible, please, to perhaps add a small function for slot disablement that can leverage the script slot blocking, pretty much like how you let us play with CTLD?

Something like csar.slotIDdisable(x) and csar.slotIDenable(x)?

Purpose being we could just use flags to switch slots on and off according to events in the mission and give a powerful way of doing something in mission to enable extra or different planes in different places.

I'll name my next dog Ciridog if you do :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 5 months later...

Hello,

In the same context, like Pikey's question, I would like to ask whether is feasible and how to deactivate certain slots in a mission?

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Thanks for this great script. I have a question as well. in our small group, we would like to implement an ejection beacon in game for our multiplayer missions. In Vietnam when a pilot ejected a warbling beacon was automatically activated that the rest of the package could hear on the freq. I have isolated this tone from an actual mission recording (attached).

I'm wondering about this piece of script:

local _spawnedGroup = csar.spawnGroup(_unit)

csar.addSpecialParametersToGroup(_spawnedGroup)

trigger.action.outTextForCoalition(_unit:getCoalition(), "MAYDAY MAYDAY! " .. _unit:getTypeName() .. " shot down. Chute Spotted!", 10)

local _freq = csar.generateADFFrequency()

Would inserting:

trigger.action.outSoundForcoalition(_coalitionId, "l10n/DEFAULT/ejectionwarble.ogg")

As a second lind here be the right spot?

trigger.action.outSoundForcoalition(_coalitionId, "l10n/DEFAULT/ejectionwarble.ogg")

trigger.action.outTextForCoalition(_unit:getCoalition(), "MAYDAY MAYDAY! " .. _unit:getTypeName() .. " shot down. Chute Spotted!", 10)

Is there a better place or better piece of code to insert? Thanks!

Los

ejectionWarble.zip

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,

digging in the script and love it ..thx for that ....i would like to broadcast on the ark-ud.

will this part line work if the function has values ?

csar.freeVHFFrequencies = {114.167, 114.333, 114.584 ,121.5, 123.1, 124.1}

these values should override the random generated beacons right ?

Also is it possible to random place downed pilots in a trigger zone like 6 and when a pilot is rescued the trigger will spawn a new pilot ?

ian

Edited by IanCassels

Thanks for this great script. I have a question as well. in our small group, we would like to implement an ejection beacon in game for our multiplayer missions. In Vietnam when a pilot ejected a warbling beacon was automatically activated that the rest of the package could hear on the freq. I have isolated this tone from an actual mission recording (attached).

I'm wondering about this piece of script:

Would inserting:

As a second lind here be the right spot?

Is there a better place or better piece of code to insert? Thanks!

Los

Thanks a perfect spot, no worries :)

hi all,

digging in the script and love it ..thx for that ....i would like to broadcast on the ark-ud.

will this part line work if the function has values ?

csar.freeVHFFrequencies = {114.167, 114.333, 114.584 ,121.5, 123.1, 124.1}

these values should override the random generated beacons right ?

Also is it possible to random place downed pilots in a trigger zone like 6 and when a pilot is rescued the trigger will spawn a new pilot ?

ian

Putting them there would work fine!

Its not possible to respawn a pilot for rescue, but you could spawn a new AI aircraft (continuous trigger, coalition not in zone) and then use the explode trigger to cause the pilot to eject :)

Hi all and thanks Ciribob for this script.

I have a question: is there the possibility to have a (or more) AI CSAR pilot?

Tks

Sorry no AI CSAR possible. You can only pick up AI ejections

Sorry for the slow replies!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 1 month later...
Hello,

In the same context, like Pikey's question, I would like to ask whether is feasible and how to deactivate certain slots in a mission?

See https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3098216#post3098216 :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 5 weeks later...

As I'm sifting through the thread maybe I can get an answer before I find it myself, can I use this script with your amazing CTLD script at the same time?

Found it! Page 8-9. Should of started from the end and worked backwards lol oh well. Great stuff Cribob. As an avid helicopter guy your are one of my DCS heroes

Edited by acdelta57

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Yes you van use the script together with CTLD, in fact, both scripts take each other into accound already with the naming convention of units so that one unit can use both scripts. E.g. Medevac###

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried this for the first time. Shouldn't have waited so long. It is very cool. One error question and two how to questions.

Error: I am not seeing the coordinate output of the downed pilot. Any guess on what I did wrong? Did I forget to turn something on? Looking in the wrong place?

How to 1) I think I see where to put it but I don't want to mess up on the syntax. Could someone show me what the script line should look like to add a sound to all at the same time the words about a shoot being spotted appear.

2) With the ability of the f10 map user marks now... is it possible to add in a script section that one of those marks would be created near the downed pilot location? Like maybe where the plane was hit?

Thanks in advance for any input someone has time to give.

Sage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

• 1 month later...

Its not possible to respawn a pilot for rescue, but you could spawn a new AI aircraft (continuous trigger, coalition not in zone) and then use the explode trigger to cause the pilot to eject :)

I tried a couple of tests, trying to figure out how to use CSAR. I spawned an AI plane then 2 seconds later triggered an "explode unit". Problem is, the pilot keeps dying, leaving me with no medevac task. Is there a trick to ensure an ejection and possible rescue?

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

After additional testing, forcing an ejection by setting fuel level to 0% works to get a pilot ejection and subsequent plane crash, but it isn't generating a 'MAYDAY!' warning from CSAR. Right now, I can get CSAR alerts only if I trigger an "explode unit", but the Mayday warning is always "No chute", and debriefing shows "pilot dead". I don't get a "rescue-able" pilot.

Here's what I've setup for testing:

A have a "late activation" AI plane, activated with a One Time trigger on a condition of Time More (15) seconds. 3 seconds later, I trigger an "explode unit". This will produce a Mayday! warning, but with the "No Chute" notification. Also, the debriefing shows the pilot as dead. If I eliminate the "explode" trigger and instead set the fuel to 0%, I get an alive pilot ejecting, but no notice from CSAR and no medevac/sar task.

EDIT: I'm at work now, can't access my system, but I think I found a clue?

I thought that "csar.csarMode = 0" would cause "csar.enableSlotBlocking = true" to behave as if it were "false". That may not be the case. I also just noticed another configuration setting I'll need to change. And I'm stuck at work all day.

Edited by doodenkoff

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Have you definitely enabled CSAR for AI?

It's off by default and you'll need to turn it on :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I could use some help with the CSAR script. If I am a Huey or MI8 and sitting on the ground and I eject the script does not recognize the ejection. Whereas if I am in the air and eject, as soon as I touch the ground DCS ejects me and then the script recognizes the ejection. Short version: Aircraft on the ground, CSAR script does not recognize that I have ejected. If I hit eject while still in the Air, the script works. You can see that this is a problem for the helicopters. Is there a setting that I am missing? Thanks for your help.

HHC, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

Sorry just saw this!

Nice find, yeah that would be why.

If you use remove the and not _unit:inAir() part but leave the rest it'll mean it people eject at the airport it would generate a pilot to pickup

Sorry missed this for a while!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk