SH-3 Sea King

Thanks guys!

@ Coxy_99 that would be very helpful thanks. If you find them you can email the photos to simonvandamme@hotmail.be. Thanks!

I'm Simon Vandamme (Shifter), a Bruges (Belgium) based Digital Arts and Entertainment student. I'm interested in High Poly 3D Moddeling, compossiting, color grading, realistic rendering and Visual Effects.

My nationality is Belgian, in my spare time I take pictures of Military aircraft and play DCS the modules I own are:

HUEY, HAWK, A10C, P51D and the F-15.

http://www.simonvandamme.com

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

picture.php?albumid=1364&pictureid=8916

Still need to re-model some parts, but can't stop teasing your guys. Feedback would be nice.

I will model a much detailed version in the future, but I will keep it that way for now.

Tomorrow I start with the rigging of this helicopter and modeling of the tail/tailrotor.

Edited by shifter
  • Like 1

I'm Simon Vandamme (Shifter), a Bruges (Belgium) based Digital Arts and Entertainment student. I'm interested in High Poly 3D Moddeling, compossiting, color grading, realistic rendering and Visual Effects.

My nationality is Belgian, in my spare time I take pictures of Military aircraft and play DCS the modules I own are:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dead? Two post above another guy posted shots of the 3D model... I think it's living:megalol:

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Here you have a little teasing video, from my basic rig of the seaking this is still wip even the model is still wip, its just for a school assignment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

Here you have a little teasing video, from my basic rig of the seaking this is still wip even the model is still wip, its just for a school assignment.

Good progress :thumbup:

Embedded video

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My exams are done, but I'm still working on the seaking. First of all I'm working back on the cockpit starting with a new overhead Panel (Picture).picture.php?albumid=1364&pictureid=9009

Way to much Polygons I know, but I'm a high poly artist but you can always go from High Poly to low Poly models.

And I can show you my end RIG and Animation in a video for my exam:

I hope you guys like it.

Kind regards.

Simon Vandamme

Edited by shifter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that, uploaded a version without music. Sorry guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update :thumbup:

My First Fleet Aircraft!

Hi to all community members. Some weeks ago, a group of flightsim enthusiasts decided to start an ambitious and exciting project, the SH-3 Sea King. I want to show you some pictures of it.

alpha_1_zpshwkydlax.jpg

alpha_3_zpsnp9o9lg2.jpg

alpha_2_zpsjauas9wu.jpg

We are going to work hard to try to give to the DCS community this legend of the naval aviation. We think that the Sea King will be a very good allied of the Hornet and the Tomcat, and we dream with the day when we will be inside the SH-3 cockpit in a carrier deck filled with both aircrafts around.

We are still taking our first steps and we know that we have a long way to finish it, but we will do our best efforts to do a good job that like to all of you.

I don't want to finish without mention that one of our members is Silver Dragon an old well known member of this forum.

We hope that this project excites you as much as we.

Thanks.

As a nugget Naval Aviator, I did my first fleet tour flying the SH-3H with HS-14 "CHARGERS" in CVW-2 attached onboard USS RANGER. I did two deployments as a CHARGER in Operation Desert Storm, and Operation Restore Hope (Somalia).

I was the HAC on the first US Navy helo to touch down in Mogadishu...

• 6 months later...