Barometric Altimeter Question

Nevyn

Does anybody know what the triangle on the outer ring of the barometric altimeter is? I have highlighted what I am talking about in the attached screen grab with a red circle, I can't find any info on it, Pg 53 of the manual does not have an explanation of it, in fact it does not even seem to show it. Any info would be appreciated.

baro.thumb.jpg.6cbfa7d92134c64e48ecadf50b916330.jpg

OK, I think I understand that, I am not very bright so these things take awhile to process, but whats the point of it then? Why would you need that info?

The only time I find it useful is when the QNH equals the standard pressure. Then, if you know the airport's altitude (check the F10 map :D), you can turn the altimeter knob until the arrow points to that altitude. That way you know your altitude above the airport, without getting the QFE and doing the conversion from inHg to mmHg.

Other than than, I haven't found any use for it.

• Like 1

The only time I find it useful is when the QNH equals the standard pressure. Then, if you know the airport's altitude (check the F10 map :D), you can turn the altimeter knob until the arrow points to that altitude. That way you know your altitude above the airport, without getting the QFE and doing the conversion from inHg to mmHg.

Nice basic tip , thanks for sharing.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Ahhhh, good one mate, thanks man.