Mission Editor and B52 Bombing

Guest denneym1

Guest denneym1

I have been messing with the mission editor, and I built a mission where I want a B52 to bomb a concentration of vehicles and armor. The problem is, no matter what I do, I can't get the B52 to drop more than one pair of bombs. I want it to unload its whole bomb load on the area. I have tried targeting a specific set of vehicles, and just setting the target to "coordinates", with the same result. I realize the AI pilot is trying to save taxpayer dollars, but can anyone tell me how to set it up so they drop the entire bombload?

Thanks!

MD

A long while since I have messed with this but from memory, set TASK to runway attack (even though we are not attacking a runway), weapon loadout of internal bombs only (nothing on the pylons) and it should unload the lot. I dont recall a default internal only loadout, so I think you will need to set up your own weapon loadout with just internal (I name it InternalIronOnly). Set ATTACK waypoint well before the actual target, eg 15miles (gives the AI time to line up, get speed adjusted etc), set a regular waypoint behind the target so the aircraft direction passes over the target in the line that you want to bombs to fall and it should work.

I recall a bunch of threads about this in the past and somebody DID manage to get it to work with internal and external payload, but I can't recall how. Did a quick look on UBI forums and found these links...........

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/2531092062/p/1

check out the mission to D/L from the post by Drako_Mdx, it may help.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/2531092062/p/2

check out the missions to D/L from the post by IronHand, they may help.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/793102091/r/961105091#961105091

check out the mission to D/L in the post by of_Ober, it may help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Guest denneym1

Thanks!! I took off the external bomb load and it worked like a charm. It was not necessary to change the action from ground attack to runway attack, just getting rid of the external bomb load did the trick.

MD

Glad yu had some success.

In the past on the UBI forum there was much discussion about this, the wisdom at the time seemed to be that the Internal Iron Only was the only solution, but then several folks posted missions (links in prev post) that showed it WAS possible to have both. Quite what the problem was that made it work / not work ?????

It is good fun messing with the Mission Editor, but it can be a bit frustrating sometimes to get the AI to do what you want. you might hit snags when try to set up artillery or MLRS/Grad/Smerch attacks. Give a shout on the Forums again when you hit that headache - LOL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....