Dynamic lead?

WildBillKelsoe

Is there any sort of dynamic lead to be used by tank gunner? Right now its fire and adjust, but real tanks have dynamic lead cursor part of ballistics package and it doesn't appear in DCS?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Oh, that settles it.. I guess no more CA for me then...

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hey! I'm hitting moving Red armor with an M1-A1. Just lock them up and the lead is computed for you.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I meant ballistic calculation. Is it present?

If you press enter you will "lock" the target and the computer will compute a solution for you. Set crosshair over computed ballistic marker and press fire, hope for a hit, rinse and repeat until target is destroyed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 2 weeks later...

There is no dynamic lead simulated. The arcade "locking" thing is not a substitute as I don't use it. Hopefully we will get some updates in DCS 2.0 and that will be one of them.

They aren't far from being able to make a decent armor semi-simulator, they just need to put in some more work.

CA is scheduled for a major overhaul but don't keep your hopes up. It'll be quite some time before CA gets upgraded, at the very least I expect it to be far away after the release of DCS2.0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo