CH products

i have only heard good feedback about ch, good durability.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

I bought a new CH throttle recently, and I can't say I'm satisfied. The throttle sometimes moves erratically up and down, and it almost constantly shakes slightly (in game throttle, not the physical one). Erratic movement is mostly noticeable when I move the throttle slowly.

I wonder if I should return it...

I bought a new CH throttle recently, and I can't say I'm satisfied. The throttle sometimes moves erratically up and down, and it almost constantly shakes slightly (in game throttle, not the physical one). Erratic movement is mostly noticeable when I move the throttle slowly.

I wonder if I should return it...

that happens with absolutely all hotas in the current market... the tm warthog does the same, saitek does the same... it is a potentiometer natural issue.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

I have had the CH Fighterstick and CH pedals for about ten years, still work like new and never a problem with them.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

I have had the CH Fighterstick and CH pedals for about ten years, still work like new and never a problem with them.

thats the problem, 10 years ago all peripherals were made a lot better and sturdier. But today they are made with cheap components.

I have been using the CH Fighterstick, Pro Pedals and Pro Throttle for about five years. They're durable and are still working like new. The company makes commercial joysticks too so you can tell they make quality stuff. The stick has a long throw and a light spring which makes it very accurate and smooth. The pedals are set rather close together but that isn't necessarily a bad thing if you've got a small space under the desk. I have them stuck to the floor with a piece of rubbery carpet padding and they don't budge. The throttle works very well. For HOTAS controls they're great for the A-10 because the stick is an exact match and the throttle still has enough buttons to map everything. They plug and play just fine and set up easy. You'll want to calibrate them with the CH Control Manager software. Lots of heavy use and no complaints.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

that happens with absolutely all hotas in the current market... the tm warthog does the same, saitek does the same... it is a potentiometer natural issue.

Except that the TM Warthog doesn't contain potentiometers - it has hall sensors, and no, not all controllers are as erratic as you suggest.

Try any up-market controller and you will immediately see and feel the difference.

CH and Saitek fall short of the mark these days. You get what you pay for in this area of simulation.

overall much better than saitek products. Best customer service I've seen.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I have the pro pedals. IMHO not worth the price tag. First I find them too narrow and the toe brakes too steep. Only my opinion.

But the main issue was I had to void the warranty by opening them up and fixing the terrible factory connections on the pots that were causing runaway axis. They use cheap spade connectors. I used 10 cents worth of solder to connect them properly so they have been working fine since- but I shouldn't of had to.

Except that the TM Warthog doesn't contain potentiometers - it has hall sensors, and no, not all controllers are as erratic as you suggest.

Try any up-market controller and you will immediately see and feel the difference.

CH and Saitek fall short of the mark these days. You get what you pay for in this area of simulation.

incorrect. tm has hall sensors in the stick just like saitek, but the throttle quadrant has potentiometers in both.

incorrect. tm has hall sensors in the stick just like saitek, but the throttle quadrant has potentiometers in both.

are you sure TM has standard Pots in the Warthog Throttle ??? IIRC they advertise it with Hall Sensors all the way, but I haven't had to open mine yet and check so I dunno what's inside.

BTW, pots should be cleaned once in a while to drive the carbon dust out of the shell, any Electric Cleaner Pressure Can will help doing that, helps wonders if yours spike.

I say, if you use them heavily they deserve some treatment and they will wear out, just a matter of time.... been through a couple of Thrustmaster Hotas's, MsFF2, Logitech and others

and currently run the Hotas in my sig but if not TM it would be CH, no way again Saitek. My Rudders do work, I have had bad experience with other stuff from Saitek and if I had known that other upper class Rudder set I would have bought that one but now I run that Saitek until it's death and I already miss Hall Sensors in it and I dislike all that cheap Plastic stuff in my Cockpit ;) Bound to break with my size and weight --- haha ;)

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I'm sure he's not sure :D. Cougar throttle had pots, but apparently Warthog unit is Hall all around, including the trim wheel. I haven't opened one either, but SimHQ guys did and I guess they knew what they were talking about when they were reviewing that gear.

But we're getting a bit off-topic here anyway.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Been using CH for a long time. They're great.

BadK

MSI Z270 Gaming M7

Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 GHz

MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming Trio

Corsair Vengence DDR4 2666 32GB

Corsair LE SSD 960GB

Corsair HX 650W

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair 460X Case

Windows 10 Pro 64

CH Products (FS, PT, PP)

Oculus CV1

@Piston85

Dual Replica THROTTLES

Innovative new H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology(*):

3D magnetic sensors (Hall Effect) on the 2 throttles: enjoy surgical precision that stays razor-sharp over time

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/hotas-warthog

Click on features.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have had my trio of Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals about 5 years and they still operate like right out of the box. There is zero wear free-play yet with them. I use very little deadzone allowance. My trio were purchased directly from CH Products, I don't know if they still allow that direct from them. Each were about $150. I use the Control Manager to do all my setups.

All you need to know:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/

104th Phoenix's Crunch (username) has some good maps downloads for the Control Manager and DCS in CH Hangar; he goes by Capt Crunch there.

My Saitek AV8R-01 twisty stick was worn out within 2 years flying the WWII sim Aces High. I would never buy Saitek again.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]