Pre-Purchase M-2000C for DCS World by RAZBAM

Wags

I am ready to pre-purchase but I actually have just a one question (not stopping me....), is the Mirage 2000C really using a imperial units?

I have tried to find out the information which one it is using (some people say that most western aircrafts use imperial units) but that there would be capability to change the units on HUD settings in aircraft?

France like most of the world is on the metric system so I would hope that it would be metric. In fact the US is one of the only countries that still uses the Imperial system. I can't say for certain though that every non American aircraft utilizes the metric system.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone noticed the subliminal message left by Wags in this video??

During the taxi to runway, he turns his head left and asks: "What are thos F5's doing there??"

;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

France like most of the world is on the metric system so I would hope that it would be metric. In fact the US is one of the only countries that still uses the Imperial system. I can't say for certain though that every non American aircraft utilizes the metric system.
Spain uses the metric system but the C-101 uses imperial units - kts, feet, pounds of fuel, etc.
  • Like 1

Spain uses the metric system but the C-101 uses imperial units - kts, feet, pounds of fuel, etc.

Ah ok, ya I have no idea which aircraft actually use the metric system asides from the Russian ones, but the odds at least are more in favor of the metric system if that is the official system of a given country anyway.

What is the aircraft sitting on the ground at one o clock at 9:22 in the video anyone have any ideas?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Did anyone noticed the subliminal message left by Wags in this video??

During the taxi to runway, he turns his head left and asks: "What are thos F5's doing there??"

;)

yeahh pretty much noticed it lol

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

What is the aircraft sitting on the ground at one o clock at 9:22 in the video anyone have any ideas?

Seems to me to be an F-15. (Sorry, no F-14:cry:, if you ask me)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I cant see it very clearly but to me it looks to be to wide to be an F-15 anyone else see this?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Looks like a Flanker.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Sorry for discussing off-topic here.

You can clearly see the both engines of the aircraft on the ground being very close to each other. And no tail as on the Flanker.

So, it should be an F-15.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

France like most of the world is on the metric system so I would hope that it would be metric.

Well then, hate to break this to you but unless Razbam sudenly decides it's better to throw away realism, you'll get mostly imperial units: Kts, ft, Nm.

OTOH fuel is in Kg.

spacer.png

Well then, hate to break this to you but unless Razbam sudenly decides it's better to throw away realism, you'll get mostly imperial units: Kts, ft, Nm.

OTOH fuel is in Kg.

Ya I noticed when observing take off speed in the latest video.it's not an issue I just prefer metric, obviously realism trumps that lol

the latest video includes beatiful aircraft and awesome detailed terrain but i am worried about my gigabyte 770 oc 2gb can handle that kind of detail:(

I guess even my planned rig is not able to handle this detailed graphics smoothly

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess even my planned rig is not able to handle this detailed graphics smoothly

Don't be silly. ED are hardly going to commit commercial suicide by releasing an engine and map that won't run smoothly on a 4.8Ghz CPU and Strix 980Ti.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Don't be silly. ED are hardly going to commit commercial suicide by releasing an engine and map that won't run smoothly on a 4.8Ghz CPU and Strix 980Ti.

In addition to that, there has been enough mention of a decent performance boost on current rigs with the new engine. I wouldn't be surprised if u can run this at 4k everything maxed with a butter smooth 60+ fps.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Yes, we use imperial units here (Spain) for all aviation related stuff despite being a metric country. As far as I know, is the same in all western european countries.

Australia as well. We went metric back in the sixties but it's still feet & knots when it comes to aviation (at least it was when I learnt to fly).

Imperial units are western aviation standard. It's used all over europe and other countries in the world. The only exception I know is Russia (probably CIS-states too). Don't know about China.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The only two countries in the world that use imperial units are USA and Myanmar (no joke).

I think that the US does not use imperial units but rather they are US measurements. Gallons are dofferent but miles are the same. Sort of a mix.

In Canada, we are metric but use imperial for aviation.

We have to be conversant with all three systems due to our proximity to the US and for import/export.

The only two countries in the world that use imperial units are USA and Myanmar (no joke).

I think you forgot Liberia, IIRC they still use it as well.

EDIT: And one confusing thing is that in Germany the imperial system is used for aviation, like almost everywhere else, but gliders have metric instruments.

Edited by Aginor