F15C Suggestion- Adding Strike/Ground attack loadouts

Kev2go

I realise the F15 is a meant to be a air superiority first and foremost, and was used as such through most of its life.

However it's missing its secondary strike characteristics.

Irl the F15 could mount air to ground ordinance, but it doesn't have such options ingame.

I hope to see these added with dcs 2.0

Since there is no strike eagle or f16, the F15c should have this ability too, since it actually could.All Russian planes have secondary strike characteristics ( ie Su27 & mig29)

Here is a proof: Standard aircraft characteristics Datasheet on the F15c from post gulf war circa 1992.

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnelldouglas/f-15eagle/f-15c-eagle-standard-aircraft-characteristics-february-1992.html

The mission & description says: "The airplane had additional capability to perform an attack mission with conventional externally mounted stores".

to see the specific External Stores/ weaponry mounts please go to page 8 of the PDF.

There are many different bomb types but notably including the MK80 series, and Gbu bombs.

I know this could be modded, but I think it deserves to be added officially by ED.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I realise the F15 is a meant to be a air superiority first and foremost, and was used as such through most of its life.

However it's missing its secondary strike characteristics.

Irl the F15 could mount air to ground ordinance, but it doesn't have such options ingame.

I hope to see these added with dcs 2.0

Since there is no strike eagle or f16, the F15c should have this ability too, since it actually could.All Russian planes have secondary strike characteristics ( ie Su27 & mig29)

Here is a proof: Standard aircraft characteristics Datasheet on the F15c from post gulf war circa 1992.

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnelldouglas/f-15eagle/f-15c-eagle-standard-aircraft-characteristics-february-1992.html

The mission & description says: "The airplane had additional capability to perform an attack mission with conventional externally mounted stores".

to see the specific External Stores/ weaponry mounts please go to page 8 of the PDF.

There are many different bomb types but notably including the MK80 series, and Gbu bombs.

I know this could be modded, but I think it deserves to be added officially by ED.

From what I remember only the Isrealies have used the f15c for this role. How ever all f15c should have the ability to do so. It's just a matter of enabling the software and changing hard points?

as far as ED implimenting this It wont happen. They are working on the f18 ATM..

I think the only other thing to be done to the f15 is going to be the FM FE will be tweeked to resolve the TRO issue at alt. other then that The model wont be touched again atleast not for some time afaik.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

Nothing extra is going to be added to the FC3 level Aircraft, they are not intended to be 'Study Sim' Modules.

Suggestions like yours will have to wait until we one day have a DCS F-15C, not an FC3 F-15C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Originally Posted by Maverick,

"Nothing extra is going to be added to the FC3 level Aircraft, they are not intended to be 'Study Sim' Modules."

What about MiG-29? :cry:

What about it? They aren´t adding anything in terms of capability or weapons, just updating the cockpit and FM to be in line with the rest of the FC-3 aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

but I'm not asking for it to be full fidelity, its meant to be added as fc3 level.

su27s and mig29s have ground attack capacity and are not full fidelity.

why should the Russian planes have more fleshed out capabilties than the F15c? its a bit unfair.

America lacks a FC3 fighter jet with strike capacity, while the Russians don't have this issue.

this probably wouldn't take that long to implement. They can already use existing 3d models for ordinance that are already available for other aircraft.

Its a quick solution instead of waiting on Air Force F15E strike eagle or a F16c, or the Navy carrier borne multirole F18c.

Its good enough if this gets in ED's radar screen, doesn't have to be a asap thing, but rather somehere along the to do list, at some point in the future.

The Stat sheet is called "Standard" aircraft characteristics. so it means basically any F15C has this capacity. It isn't expermental or a very Specific upgrade for a Specific block of the F15. So think this is a legitimate capability.

Its honestly a shame ED overlooked this feature to begin with, when first developing FC3

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

but I'm not asking for it to be full fidelity, its meant to be added as fc3 level.

su27s and mig29s have ground attack capacity and are not full fidelity.

why should the Russian planes have more fleshed out capabilties than the F15c? its a bit unfair.

America lacks a FC3 fighter jet with strike capacity, while the Russians don't have this issue.

this probably wouldn't take that long to implement. They can already use existing 3d models for ordinance that are already available for other aircraft.

Its a quick solution instead of waiting on Air Force F15E strike eagle or a F16c, or the Navy carrier borne multirole F18c.

Its good enough if this gets in ED's radar screen, doesn't have to be a asap thing, but rather somehere along the to do list, at some point in the future.

The Stat sheet is called "Standard" aircraft characteristics. so it means basically any F15C has this capacity. It isn't expermental or a very Specific upgrade for a Specific block of the F15. So think this is a legitimate capability.

Its honestly a shame ED overlooked this feature to begin with, when first developing FC3

As stated dozens of times, balancing will not happen in DCS because there is no reason for it. The russian planes use AG munitions in real life, the american F-15C not.

Theoretical Options are completely senseless as we have seen in another thread regarding the F-14 Tomcat and the Amraam.

If you essentially need a western fighter plane which drop bombs wait for the Mirage otherwise the A-10 will do it.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

its hardly fantasy/theoretical when its stated in the manual, that the f15c has strike capabilities and the Standard aircraft characteristics, shows what ordinance it could carry.

"Standard" = common. this is not a 1 time experiment or a theoretical what if.

I provided a legitimate source. basically any f15c should be capable of carrying ordinance, which like the mk80 series, rockeye, and cbus are already ingame.

& the Isrealis actually did use the F15c in ground attack in such configuration, confirming it can be done. You can basically just choose your country as isreal in mission editor: and presto you have an isreali F15c. ;)

So just because it wasn't used for whatever reason in actual combat with the usaf. doesn't mean it shouldn't be available for usaf eagles, when its listed in the "STANDARD" aircraft characteristics.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Regardless of your sources and their veracity, which nobody has questioned, it is highly unlikely that ED is going to add new systems, requiring revisiting old code and writing new documentation, when they have so many other current projects in the works.

EDIT:

I provided a legitimate source. basically any f15c should be capable of ...

The operative word there is 'should' not 'is' and that is a pretty big difference.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Regardless of your sources and their veracity, which nobody has questioned, it is highly unlikely that ED is going to add new systems, requiring revisiting old code and writing new documentation, when they have so many other current projects in the works.

EDIT:

The operative word there is 'should' not 'is' and that is a pretty big difference.

And yet you have modules like the F86F. Its supposed to be Representative of a USAF f86, and yet it has access to gar8s.

this was not standard or common issue, and most sabres that were armed with gar8s 1956 and later, were exports.

I have looked at standard charactersitics sheet, f86f block 25- 40, and they don't have gar8s.

and I cant find any images or actual recorded usage of USAF F86F actually armed with gar8s.

IMo f15c having ordinance is about as legitimate if not more so than a select handfull of USAF based F86F variants that were retroffited post korea with gar8s, unlike the f15c did not have standard issue munitions

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

What a different company did with a different aircraft is not relevant to why ED is unlikely to do what you want. This isn't about whether they should be there or not but rather about whether ED is likely to spend the time on implementation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can spare your time proving which aircraft did what and which could do this thing.

As Maverick said, as ED said, there won't be such thing like bomb dropping F-15C's in the next years, point!

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a different company did with a different aircraft is not relevant to why ED is unlikely to do what you want. This isn't about whether they should be there or not but rather about whether ED is likely to spend the time on implementation.

So I'm taking so much flak for wishing aircraft to be fully fleshed out? because some features that are based on legitimate sources, which are said to be standard issue were overlooked, due to lack of research? Why is this an assumption that I am the only one interested in this?

That Russia had FC3 level of air to air aircraft that have said secondary ground attack features' but the F15c doesn't, which in that case it honestly should?

I'm in no way forcing or harassing the company to do this, I just think its worth bringing to their attention, because it seems like an overlooked feature. If they say no, or even if its low priority to be worked not anytime in the near future. , its good enough of an answer.

player feedback on content should be met with positive/understanding responsiveness, not hostility.

but as of now theres no official response, so far its just a few other players "white knighting" for ED. There should be an official response.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

To make it short, the Mig-29 and the Su-27 in DCS carry AG munitions because they do in RL.

The american F-15C carry absolutely no AG munitions (ignoring the cannon). Because a publication tells it could, it doesn't mean that it will be done. Even if it is possible in theory!

You can search the forum, in one of the earlier threads it was stated that the certification for bombs was stopped. This means theoretically it could carry them but it isn't allowed to do so.

There was an idea after Iraqi freedom to wire them for JDAM delivery but this would need upgrades for the radar, the navigational equipment, the weapons computer and so on. Simply to expensive.

You can be sure that ED is aware of your topic since this comes up regularly which you would know if using the search function.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140635

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138353

The "take home message" is:

You won't see any A2G stores on F-15's in FC3.

I hope it is official enough for you!

Edited by FSKRipper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The "take home message" is:

I hope it is official enough for you!

Fair enough. If not for the fc3 f15c, perhaps when a full fidelity F15c comes around there could be a chance for ordinance carry to be modelled.

On another note how different is the Isrealli f15c? They actually did use the f15c in an attack capacity.

Its just a matter of software for weaponry and adding bomb mounts?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

USAF went as far as removing some of the A2G software from their F-15C's IIRC, ie. 'not a pound for air to ground'.

Israel followed a different path.

I believe today those USAF eagles will train for some A2G things, but they're still pretty much treated as specialized air to air only, and with good reason (who needs to turn their eagles into targets when they have beagles around?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

For what it's worth though, Israel is in DCS and so is their F-15. Also, if I recall the FC F-15 isn't a specific model, but a mishmash, so adding A/G to it in US form probably isn't a big deal.

As much as I think it would be a nice feature though, it's probably not going to happen until DCS F-15, as was said already.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I can see the attraction of having A2G capability for the Eagle, but the mission dictates the tactics, right? Wy would anyone take an F-15C with bombs when an A-10C can accomplish the task much more effectively? Similarly for the Russian aircraft, taking an Su-27 armed with mud moving ordnance would make no sense if I had an Su-25T available.

Now, if we had an F-15E to fly...

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I can see the attraction of having A2G capability for the Eagle, but the mission dictates the tactics, right? Wy would anyone take an F-15C with bombs when an A-10C can accomplish the task much more effectively? Similarly for the Russian aircraft, taking an Su-27 armed with mud moving ordnance would make no sense if I had an Su-25T available.

If the option was available to carry bombs in the f15c I would do so.. I could provide CAP along with getting ground kills when no threat is eminent towards the GPers

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

Me personally, I would like to see the fc3 a/c removed completely someday. I see enough modules inbound to keep me busy enough. When I want a FC a/c, I go to FC2. Just my 2 cents.

.... and if you don't have FC2?

I paid good money for FC3 thanks, so unless they're upgraded then I don't want them removed.

If you don't want them then uninstall...

I'd take the F-15 over the A-10. Also, militarizes don't get the luxury of always having the ideal tool for the job. While unlikely, there may be not better option than the F-15 available on a given day. Your options would be to not attack or attack with the F-15, and the former doesn't get much done.

Me personally, I would like to see the fc3 a/c removed completely someday. I see enough modules inbound to keep me busy enough. When I want a FC a/c, I go to FC2. Just my 2 cents.

To what benefit? Removing anything doesn't really make any sense.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

If we had DCS: Su-27 and DCS: F-15 and DCS: Su-25T I'd agree completely. Otherwise that makes very little sense. I suppose one could argue that the simplified modelling of the FC-level aircraft make them easier to operate, but I'd counter by saying that the greater fidelity of DCS-level modelling provides more options and capability. They simply take more time and effort to learn. I genuinely don't see your reasoning here. :wassat:

I'd take the F-15 over the A-10. Also, militarizes don't get the luxury of always having the ideal tool for the job. While unlikely, there may be not better option than the F-15 available on a given day. Your options would be to not attack or attack with the F-15, and the former doesn't get much done.

True, and you make a very valid point. In reality, If I had a strike mission to fly and all I had available was an Su-27 then I'd absolutely take it over not being able to complete the mission at all, but such a restriction in-game would be entirely artificial. I get than the A-10 has some limitations, so maybe that wasn't a very good example on my part. A better comparison could be be deliberately taking an F-15C when you had F-15E's available. Not taking the more capable strike platform would be illogical surely.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Ok if wasn't in any way planned to be added( and if it still isn't), why are there screenshots from ED where an F15c is armed with mk82 snake eyes? Its from a preview of DCS 2.0

attachment.php?attachmentid=108561&d=1417708206

Heres a link to the DCS world 1.5- 2.0 discussion thread, First page, first post.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135473

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro