DCS World Video News and Q&A for September 20th, 2015

Wags

Thanks for the update and i hope for god sake that the update 1.5 is released for 1 october.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I asked about that paintkit and I'm not sure if Wags understood me correctly...

"Right now we're not planning on that because there's a software available of the shelf and we don't need to reinvent the wheel"*

I'm asking about layered PSD paintkit... or template as someone might call it. THIS: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/texture_templates/

*not the exact quote

I hope that the smoke entering the cockpit is fix in new update. Thanks for the video.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Then I'll gladly learn what does paintkit means here. I've been painting aircraft for years now and literally every single layered PSD template was always called a paintkit, mainly in MSFS, where I started. Hopefully Wags will see this and clarify, now that we're on the same page. ;)

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

Then I'll gladly learn what does paintkit means here. I've been painting aircraft for years now and literally every single layered PSD template was always called a paintkit, mainly in MSFS, where I started. Hopefully Wags will see this and clarify, now that we're on the same page. ;)

To be honest that's the first time ever I've heard a template being called a "paintkit" (?!) and I've been sim-flying since mid-'90s. Never was a part of MSFS community though. Not surprised to hear Wags misunderstanding the question.

As for the vid, happy to see tuned colour palette. The previous blue-ish one was a bit questionable indeed.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team

An L-39 template will be made available, but I do not know when.

Cool update.

I wonder why the sparse news for the Hornet?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The spiral cord that runs between front and rear cockpit... :shocking:

Noticed it just now, but IT IS ANIMATED AND WIGGLES! (I don't know about you, but I find that detail highly amazing! :D )

This cord is the reason I bought the L-39 :D Seriously though, it looks awesome. Will fly from the backseat a lot.