Addicted to DCSW and this Forum

rajdary

Just had to express it, i left smoking a long time ago, drinking addiction has never been a problem for me, now only Beer and Wine, since i got married never had problems with other women, but since i started playing DCSW i am ADDICTED to it and also to this Forum!!!

When i read in my smartphone that there is a new video of Wags or VEAO Sims module list gets a new module added, anouncement of a new third party or Leathernecks 2 future modules i get anxious like an ex smoker, i really want to get home and get properly informed and then when im all hyped the only cure is a long DCSW session. :joystick:

Anyone else daydreaming in all the new stuff to come??

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I had to cut down a lot on my drinking in order to learn the Huey. Then I just had to try the Mustang as well...then the Sabre, then the Mi-8 and on and on. I haven't touched neither my Playstation or Xbox since I got into this sim (last november). The trials we have to go through in life... ;)

Anyways, I daydream about the P-40 and Mirage2000. And a 12GB graphics card (my gtx 970 feels old already).

Just had to express it, i left smoking a long time ago, drinking addiction has never been a problem for me, now only Beer and Wine, since i got married never had problems with other women, but since i started playing DCSW i am ADDICTED to it and also to this Forum!!!

When i read in my smartphone that there is a new video of Wags or VEAO Sims module list gets a new module added, anouncement of a new third party or Leathernecks 2 future modules i get anxious like an ex smoker, i really want to get home and get properly informed and then when im all hyped the only cure is a long DCSW session. :joystick:

I can totally relate :D

I need to often stop myself from thinking about the future of DCS, because it has so much potential that I can't handle waiting anymore for all the good stuff to come :pilotfly:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Anyone has arguments with your wife??? She said to me that i have more eyes on DCS then on her?? Yes..i know...i can't stop playing or read the forums. There is so much to come.....:pilotfly:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Anyone has arguments with your wife??? She said to me that i have more eyes on DCS then on her?? Yes..i know...i can't stop playing or read the forums. There is so much to come.....:pilotfly:

Tell her it keeps you home and out of the bars. Then point to the boring reality shows she might watch. Worked for me. This benign hobby has so many good points. Get creative!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Tell her it keeps you home and out of the bars. Then point to the boring reality shows she might watch. Worked for me. This benign hobby has so many good points. Get creative!

I'm definitely using this, thanks! You might have just saved a relationship (my second most important one...). :)

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I'm definitely using this, thanks! You might have just saved a relationship (my second most important one...). :)

Good luck!

<S> :thumbup:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I think my addiction will be lite once more when 1.5 & 2.0 hits. As is is I haven't started DCS in 7 weeks. I've been watching all the nice videos though of what's to come, but it's put me off playing the old version having seen them :(

you are not the only one!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Checking the forum for 10-20 min before and after flying, also on the smartphone, when i'm at work. (specially during the brakes)

Since i heard about 1.5, edge, mirage, f-18c and so on, i don't want to miss anything. Wasn't flying from a long time (had to stop for a year or so for work and relationship)

In 2 years this is going to furfill the biggest dream i've ever had as a kid (besides flying in real), when i was flying f-22 (DID) and asking myself how cool it would be to be able to use the enemy planes.

14 days,12 hours, 34 minutes (but not counting) so far without my computer, and boy do I miss DCS, just left with my iPad to keep in touch with the World of DCS. Never has more information been released since I lost the big screen.

Graphics card failure by the way on my iMac, yeh I know, one day it will be a GTX 980ti, an i5 4670k, and MSI Z97 mobo but can't justify the extra cost just for flight simulation at present. I only use the Mac for training and learning systems, and I absolutely love it. When I do play it is mainly for 1-2 hours 3 or 4 times a week, in the morning on 5 of my favourite modules, 3 Heli's, SU-25t and A10C, so it isn't much time at all, but very valuable to me. Campaigns and joining a squadron hopefully will be for the GTX 980 days. Spent the last 12/18 months purchasing control devices.

Impatiently waiting by the phone and checking email from Apple.

Good service from Apple, £80 for parts, total cost £118.

Eventually heard from Apple today 25/9 bad news, turns out to be the logic board £460 and another 7 days wait, no parts in stock DOH. Definitely going to start stock piling parts for new rig.

Edited by mondaysoff
New lnfo

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

@ XeNoise

I remember the DID days EF-2000, F-22 TAW etc.. they were fun, but now, its more than just fun, for me its one step away from getting my Pilots licence in a lightweight aircraft.

With DCSW i have re-activated all my Flying Simulation hobby(addiction) inside me:pilotfly:

@ mondaysoff

I have become insane.... i started off playing DCS with my 5 year old PC and my 10 year old joystick and i have ended up with :

PC updated to i7 4790K

32 GB 2333 MHz DDR3

Nvidia 780Ti x 2 in SLi

Samsung EVO 840 Pro 512GB SSD

2x 1,5TB HDD

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

Generic Headset

Obutto Revolution Sim Seat

Buttkicker

........ and i even had my old (collector item for me) F-15 Suncom Joystick refurbished and updated to USB by someone from this Forum comunity : debolestis

The 32GB of DDR3 ram is my latest hardware update in preparation for Edge and NTTR:D

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

@ XeNoise

I remember the DID days EF-2000, F-22 TAW etc.. they were fun, but now, its more than just fun, for me its one step away from getting my Pilots licence in a lightweight aircraft.

With DCSW i have re-activated all my Flying Simulation hobby(addiction) inside me:pilotfly:

@ mondaysoff

I have become insane.... i started off playing DCS with my 5 year old PC and my 10 year old joystick and i have ended up with :

PC updated to i7 4790K

32 GB 2333 MHz DDR3

Nvidia 780Ti x 2 in SLi

Samsung EVO 840 Pro 512GB SSD

2x 1,5TB HDD

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

Generic Headset

Obutto Revolution Sim Seat

Buttkicker

........ and i even had my old (collector item for me) F-15 Suncom Joystick refurbished and updated to USB by someone from this Forum comunity : debolestis

The 32GB of DDR3 ram is my latest hardware update in preparation for Edge and NTTR:D

Totally, the experiences as a kid were the spark which ignited my passion.

I wish you good luck with the license, one day i also will have cash and time for this maybe.

I plan to fly a real mig-29 for 20 minutes though, it would cost 2500€ in czech republic. (organized by a german company)

I now have the Eagle Forums permanently open in a window on my right-hand monitor in work.

It would be fair to say that my productivity is slipping a little just at the moment. :)

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I know have the Eagle Forums permanently open in a window on my right-hand monitor in work.

It would be fair to say that my productivity is slipping a little just at the moment. :)

I must confess, that i do this too. Hahaha.....work and the forum goes hand in hand. :music_whistling:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: