PDF Templates for Saitek X-55 control mapping.

After spending a few days working on my control mappings for DCS I started to run into the 'can't remember where I mapped what' problem and wanted to create a graphic I could pull up on my tablet or print out for reference. I had a look around the internet but couldn't find any tools that did the job automatically so I've spent a few hours knocking one up

It's a PDF with user-fillable forms for each button/switch/hat, so you can either fill it in with Acrobat or your preferred PDF reader or print a blank copy. If any of you are using the X-55 and would like to give it a try and provide some feedback I'd be grateful.

There are two slightly different versions; the first is a single page 1980x1200 document which is probably more useful for printing out and filling in the blanks with a pen/pencil. The second is a three-page document with selectable radio buttons for the three modes which is likely to more useful when used on a tablet or secondary display.

Singe page PNG:D1PmNaC.jpg

Single page PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NGIpQIUGFhWk1sTlZNX0VkQ2c/view?usp=sharing

Three page PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NGIpQIUGFhVGhXYTczR0c4ZUk/view?usp=sharing

You might have to download it and use Acrobat or Foxit to actually edit the fields.

Disclaimer: I found the base graphic on-line with no attribution. All I've done is move it parts around and rescale it slightly and add the PDF forms. Since there are half a dozen different versions floating around I'm assuming it's in the public domain. Feel free to edit/change copies for your own use.

Quick edit: The M1, M2 and M3 radio buttons are selectable on the multi-page PDF and the 'Game' 'mode description' and 'Notes...' field is copied between all three pages all other fields are separate for each page. The fields for the toggle switches will require a carriage return in between each line for the text to line up properly with the switch position.

Edited by terahurts
  • Like 2

Well done sir. I'll be using that a lot.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Very nice, I thought something like this in HTML might be cool as well, figuring out a way to upload your profile to a page and it would generate an image like this, thanks for doing this!

Unfortunately my coding skills begin and end with BBC Basic. I know there's a tool for Elite:Dangerous that does something similar, but it reads Elite's config file rather than the Saitek .pr0 file.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a similar aide-memoire but just wanted to say 'that's a nice piece of artwork' - well done :)

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

• 1 year later...

I do not want to redo your sketches, but add the joy button value in the empty spaces. This will help for a lot of games where you need to figure out what the joy button to map it in the game. I have done it with a PDF editor, but since it is your idea, I feel it needs to come from you. Good initiative and cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fools rush in where Angles fear to tread....

Core i7 4790k, GeForce GTX970 G1, 16Gb Ram, 2 x 256Gb SSD, 2 x 1Tb, enough cooling...