Chuck's next DCS guide - What will it be?

Charly_Owl

Chuck's next DCS guide - What will it be?  

320 members have voted

1. 1. Chuck's next DCS guide - What will it be?

• Su-25/Su-25T Frogfoot
    • P-40F Kittyhawk
    • Spitfire Mk. IX
    • Hawk T1A
    • C-101 EB/CC Aviojet
    • L-39C Albatros
    • Mirage 2000C
    • Bo-105 PAH1A1
    • SA-342M Gazelle

Hello everyone!

As you may have noticed, most modules in DCS are now covered with these quick guides I did. With the A-10C, Ka-50, MiG-21bis, Mi-8MTV2, MiG-15bis, F-86F Sabre, UH-1H Huey, P-51D Mustang, Bf.109K-4 Kurfurst and the FW190D-9 Dora done... I think I've done a good chunk of the modules I wanted to work on even if I need to revise some of them. 2015-2016 seems to be a very promising year regarding new releases, so there is still plenty of work ahead.

These guides require a considerable amount of time to do, so I need to choose very carefully what I'm working on. I try to consult as many sources as possible in order to know what I'm talking about and explain it in a way that makes sense. I need to prioritize.

What is the next guide you'd be interested to have?

Su-25/Su-25T Frogfoot

P-40F Kittyhawk

Spitfire Mk. IX

Hawk T1A

C-101 EB/CC Aviojet

L-39C Albatros

Mirage 2000C

Bo-105 PAH1A1

SA-342M Gazelle

I'm conscious that there are also other airframes being developed, so feel free to mention them as well.

Edited by Charly_Owl

I voted Su-25/Su-25T.

If new players want to get into DCS, this is what they will most likely fly for starters. Your guides will get more people flying and a whole lot easier and with more fun at that. It would be a big plus if one of them could help new players overcome the learning curve and add to a good first impression people get from DCS and flight simulation in general.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I voted Su-25/Su-25T.

If new players want to get into DCS, this is what they will most likely fly for starters. Your guides will get more people flying and a whole lot easier and with more fun at that. It would be a big plus if one of them could help new players overcome the learning curve and add to a good first impression people get from DCS and flight simulation in general.

That is a very good idea. :thumbup: Chuck's guides are really done well. I use them regularly and I'm a veteran of DCS since 1995. :joystick: Yep, I'm old.

Mirage, no question!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

IMO, the only ones "worthy" of your work are nearly-complete planes with ASM, clickable cockpits, and advanced flight models. (PFM/AFM+)

That would limit it to the M-2000C or the L-39C, for work being done in the next few months.

The Su-25T might be worthy, but really, it's so simple to fly that I'm not sure it's worth the huge effort you put into those things. That being said, it *is* free, and thus the gateway drug into DCS...

I'm voting for the Mirage 2000C since the most planes coming from ED have a nice manual to get started. I would also go with gospadin that planes without ASM, AFM/PFM should be second priority if it takes so much of your time.

The upcoming helos would also be fine but I would wait for a close release date to vote for these beauties.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Su-25x. Because Mirage isn't released yet. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

M2000C for me please.

Closely followed by the Spitfire IX :D

Thanks again for all your great work Chuck.....

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I voted Su-25/Su-25T.

I was thinking the same. I am not really in to FC3, but this is perfect for new players.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

I wasn't aware of your Guides ... thanks a lot, they seem really superb ... I will use the one about the UH-1 first as I want to learn this module.

For the poll, I voted for the Hawk, since the remaining choices are still on development and so could render the guide obsolete after a short while.

Best regards, and thanks again :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Frogfoot, since it's the one new players need the most.

Also Mirage and Spitty because they're sexy :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Frogfoot, since it's the one new players need the most.

Agreed with this and the other similar comments. A guide for this aircraft would be an outstanding resource for people wanting to try DCS World.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Mirage 2000C guide while we're waiting for it. The last vid wags posted needs hours of study, so you can really help us who prepurchased it. L-39, meh...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I gotta say, guys... you have me really conflicted here.

I see plenty of great material available already to learn the Su-25T in a reasonable amount of time. I don't really see what I could "add" to this zerg swarm of short tutorials. On one hand, I understand that the Frogfoot being free might mean that more people are going to fly it, but I'm not that sure about that myself.

On the other hand, I think the Mirage is a much more difficult (yet rewarding) challenge for me, especially since the reference material is mostly in french and not readily available to the public. Yet... I can be quite resourceful at times. (remember the early MiG-15 days, anyone?) ;)

I'm curious to see what you guys think on that matter.