Unguided submunitions

erjdriver

I watched some youtube videos and can get them to deploy.

I'm trying to get the timing right - I would think it's dependent on a few variables - not least of which is ones speed, altitude, wind etc.

Leaving out the wind - has someone worked out a rough formula on when to deploy based on speed and altitude.

You can use the Shkval for aiming the dumb bombs and the sub-munitions, and it is deadly accurate! Hit me up, I would be more than happy to walk you thru it, it's just way too much to type.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I assumed that unguided bombs were dumb delivery where one would have to take the altitude/speed/wind into consideration.

But I did some experiments and I was proven wrong.

I flew fast at 1500 meters and also slow at 300 meters - in both cases I pressed the trigger with the target in the schval - basically distance is zero.

In both cases the delivery was spot on.

So looks like the gunsight is adjusted at least for the altitude and ground speed - not sure about wind. but I guess I could do that tomorrow.

I assumed that unguided bombs were dumb delivery where one would have to take the altitude/speed/wind into consideration.

I flew fast at 1500 meters and also slow at 300 meters - in both cases I pressed the trigger with the target in the schval - basically distance is zero.

So looks like the gunsight is adjusted at least for the altitude and ground speed - not sure about wind. but I guess I could do that tomorrow.

Wind is adjust for ALL weapons by wind dir/spd in the PVI-800.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Note you can also use the Shkval in gunsight mode as a combat backup, if (for instance) your HUD goes down.

Gunsight mode on the Shkval is also better for unplanned rocket attacks, especially if you're wearing NVGs instead of the HMS. Switch to gunsight mode and tap the designate button to rangefind just prior to your attack, and the HUD pipper will show you the POI of your rockets without having to slew the Shkval onto your target.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission