A-10C Damage Model Surprise!

Goldsmack

After 1 1/2 years of flying the DCS A-10C and thousands of times getting blown to bits and tumbling from the sky in a ball of fire I have NEVER see this or even knew it could happen. After taking two AA missiles from an Su-25 directly up the back side I went for an emergency landing and visually check my gears where down and noticed.....all my tires must have blown off with the hits!!. Unfortunately the game crashed before I could make an emergency landing but I have never see this happen!!. Good job ED!!

Screen_150924_110555.jpg

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

1.5 Years and NEVER seen something like this??? LOL

Strange, or?

Btw: You are getting out of your cockpit to look after your tires? Very interesting! :huh:

It is half of the fun with landing after catching some shrapnel to wait for the awful scratching on the runway... :pilotfly:

Spec: i7 3.4GHz; 16GB; NVidia GTX 970, 4GB; win10; 24' 1080; TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR5

After 1 1/2 years of flying the DCS A-10C and thousands of times getting blown to bits and tumbling from the sky in a ball of fire I have NEVER see this or even knew it could happen. After taking two AA missiles from an Su-25 directly up the back side I went for an emergency landing and visually check my gears where down and noticed.....all my tires must have blown off with the hits!!. Unfortunately the game crashed before I could make an emergency landing but I have never see this happen!!. Good job ED!!

Congrats! I get all my wheels blown off far too often. I'd strongly recommend getting the gear back up and doing a belly landing when that happens though...... (get rid of the weapons first)

When all the wheels are blown off like that, you can pretty much set it down right on the parking spot, runway is not needed.

:D

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Btw: You are getting out of your cockpit to look after your tires? Very interesting! :huh:

It would be great if the AI wingmen were able to check the player's aircraft for damage, but by that time they've usually committed suicide by AAA so the feature would be lost on most players anyway. :D

In SP I think it's fair to use external views to check for damage. In MP it's great to get your wingman to do it (and check him as well). :thumbup:

the bigger question is, why did the game crash... hopefully not that belly landing CTD again.

I think it was due to me Alt-Tab'ing a bunch of times to get Fraps to run (forgot DCS has an internal screenshot thing) still iv done that with many games and its very rare, sometimes it even makes the game run better.

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

in my early days, I once killed a tank by flying so close to the ground, the left main gear struck it and registered a kill!! Only at base I found out that I missed a tyre...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.