Game crashes after every mission/flight

Spiro Spelunker

Greetings Aviators!

Been playing DCS for a few months, worked like a charm, on Win 7 64bit.

Upgraded to Win 10 64bit Home upon release and ever since DCS world always crashes after hitting the "Quit" button after a mission/freeflight/campaign mission/training/etc.

However, most of the time after windows pops up with a "This program has crashed blabla" I click the "Cancel" button on the popup and 80ish % of the time the game recovers with no loss of progress. But it's extremely annoying and especially when trying to continue my UH-H1 Campaign and it doesn't register my progress if the program crashes completely.

I have all drivers up to date and only mods running are:

DCS Enhanced Textures

Clickable Radio Menus

(they have worked without hickups before)

Important hardware notes:

GTX 960 4GB

Saitek X55 Hotas

Freetrack (homemade rig/Webcam, works 100% awesome)

Nvidia Drivers version: 355.98

Has this happened to anyone else?

Am I missing a key thing to avoid this issue?

Grateful for any tip or hints to help me sort this out since I Looooove my Huey :thumbup:

Thanks

SpiSpel

*Edit*

This happens in both DCS World and DCS World Beta!

Edited by Spiro Spelunker

• ED Team

Hi Spiro Spelunker and welcome to the forums.

The first thing to do is remove your mods, and do a repair so you can rule them out as the problem.

If you are still getting the crash you will find a DCS folder in your saved games folder, right click and zip the logs folder and attach it to a reply here, it may hold some clues.

also take a look here for some general troubleshooting guides.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88164

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I had too problems with install on win 10. I did a repair and viola!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Excellent post boedha68.

I think I have fixed it actually. Before I even tried out any troubleshooter or repair or disable mods or etc, I simply just right clicked the shortcut on the desktop and set it to "Run as Administrator" and it hasn't crashed since.

Ran a campaign mission and three freeflights, quit now ends session and returns to debrief without any problems :D

Thanks for your combined replies, now I can progress this awesome campaign :D

Regards/ SpiSpel!

okay... what you need to do, is move the install to a separate Hard Drive, or set the root folder /security/ Users to Full Permissions.

It means you probably have DCS installed to C drive/ Program Files?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Hi there Wolf Rider, thanks for the reply.

Actually, I have both DCS/DCS Beta on my SSD C:\Games\

But as I mentioned in my last post, it is sorted now; all I had to do was set the Desktop Shortcut to run as Administrator and it hasn't crashed or bugged out since :)

If that's all it takes then I'm completely content. I understand your advice, but I feel I don't need to mess anymore with it as it works now.

Thank you for the reply though and fly safe :)

SpiSpel