DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

What rest...:doh:

When you switch from the main menu and actually start the simulation on 1.x.x you see the desktop for a short period right? thats because it opens a separate exe to run the actual simulation. In 1.5 the same exe will run the simulation as will run the menus.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will mods like the A-10C warhorse pit, Black F-15C HD pit and Black HD KA-50 pit work off the bat or will they need to be re-made? Thanks ED for all your hard work. Really looking forward to DX11 DCS and all the other changes, big and small, that are headed our way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

Why wouldn't they ;) Nothing related to cockpit textures is changing.

Great! Thanks :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

Mfw waiting for 1.5 to release

qT96P.gif

why F5?

Did they say that its gonna release today?

:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I can download beta version from the downloads link, is 1.5 released or this is the old beta version??????

They running internal test with the RC of 1.5 OpenBeta - could be today could be tomorrow...or later.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

why F5?

Did they say that its gonna release today?

:huh:

Because they've been saying end of September (so, either today or tomorrow), posted the 1.5 preliminary changelog yesterday and "As for the status of releasing the 1.5 Open Beta, we have good news: we created the 1.5 branch (release version) today. Just as soon as we complete smoke testing, we will release it." (yesterday's changelog topic).

My hype cannot be contained.

Edited by Joao611

Oculus runtime version

Mods/devs,

If possible could you post in the change log which version of the oculus runtime we need for 1.5 beta. The latest oculus runtime (.7) prevents reverting back to earlier versions and is therefore a one way street. We don't want to upgrade until certain it's what we need for 1.5.

Thanks.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Mods/devs,

The latest oculus runtime (.7) prevents reverting back to earlier versions and is therefore a one way street.

I have reverted back from runtime 7 without problems. Just uninstalled rt.7 and installed back to my previous version.

I have reverted back from runtime 7 without problems. Just uninstalled rt.7 and installed back to my previous version.

Cheers Gunja. I had thought that was not possible. Thanks for letting me know.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Mods/devs,

If possible could you post in the change log which version of the oculus runtime we need for 1.5 beta. The latest oculus runtime (.7) prevents reverting back to earlier versions and is therefore a one way street. We don't want to upgrade until certain it's what we need for 1.5.

Thanks.

"What version of the Oculus SDK will be in 1.5

ED currently has 1.5 working with the 0.7.0.0 SDK and DK2, but there are known bugs that will continue to be worked on. The primary Oculus focus is on CV1 implementation."

- http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147127

When you switch from the main menu and actually start the simulation on 1.x.x you see the desktop for a short period right? thats because it opens a separate exe to run the actual simulation. In 1.5 the same exe will run the simulation as will run the menus.

Exactly this.

No more "Menu <-> Flying" separation but both are in same executable.

The benefits of having those two separated was that when the simulation crashed, you returned to the menu as the menu process was waiting at background that the simulation ends (simulation was like a child-process and menu was mother-process).

And it looks like there has been own program for the editor too.

So well done unified executable program allows now faster processing, improved user experience (like get third party software to detect the DCS running) and probably as well improve the stability.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

If we have no news of "smoke testing" results then it will mean there's a major issue, or it works perfect and the devs and testers are flying all toghether, lost track of time, and completely forgot us.... :cry:

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious