DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

Is there any estimation on how big the download will be for DCS 1.5?

I download at around a gigabyte an hour, hopefully DCS 1.5 won't be to painful for me as I watch the numbers crawl along my screen. :cry:

I just want the link.. it can be 30gb, it doesn't matter, downloading it I would be happy :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The communication makes things a lot more bearable IMO. If we get it before the weekend that will be great! Knowing that we are, what I feel, are days away is another good sign also.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

With being able to be the AIs wingman, will we be able to have more than one player to a flight with AI in the flight too?

This was actually added to the changelog as well, and this is very interesting, as it allows us to make a single group with several clients in it, instead of having to copy and paste aircraft.

This will also make changes to the flight plan of a group much easier, and I also appreciate being able to fly as something other than a flight lead (although I do hope AI improvements mean their trajectory is somewhat more predictable :p ).

In before the lock, fingers crossed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

-Clients can now be assigned to the same flight group

-Player no longer needs to be flight lead in an aircraft group

Could it be? What we've all been waiting for. First step? Possibly already implemented?

I'm afraid to say the word in case I scare it away. My precious. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

"Being that it is September 30th today, I wanted to give you a little update. The team spent all day today trying to assemble and release the Open Beta, but despite our best efforts, we had some assembly failures. Just as soon as we can resolve these errors, we will release the Open Beta.

Thanks"

Fingers crossed.

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

Team members needed to release the 1.5 and L-39 Open Betas are still in the office and will be working through the night.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/DcsWorld/posts/848253851939210?fref=nf

Now that's dedication! I hope all those guys that are always complaining when ED (or their partners) miss estimated release dates see this! They are working over night, just to save us some additional waiting!

I really appreciate the effort! :thumbup:

east germany should be a seprate nation. You added so much nations, next update add east germany pls :)

Yes, pls!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'd like to give a shout-out to the guys still in the office, your work is very appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."

- Lord Inquisitor Fyodor Karamazov

1st time posting, just wanted to say "thank you" to the hard working dev team, good luck on the crunch.

More for your sake than ours, I hope you solve those issues quickly so you can get home to your families and some sleep.

Thanks for the dedication!