DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

Really? So this could be installed to the regular DCS install after all? I'm all ears if anybody knows how...

If I remember well, if you download the beta installer, it take the files for your regular installation and download only the ones that are different. After that, you have two installs and can delete the regular and keep only the beta

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? So this could be installed to the regular DCS install after all? I'm all ears if anybody knows how...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030 That should explain it IIRC

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I remember well, if you download the beta installer, it take the files for your regular installation and download only the ones that are different. After that, you have two installs and can delete the regular and keep only the beta

That would not be converting.

This is what you need to do.

Updating or Switching an Install Between "Open Beta" and "Release" Version Branches (1.2.8.):

In the Command Prompt Windows:

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <branch>:<version> (ie dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.7 )

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <branch>:<version.subversion> (ie dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.7.23803)

Eligible Values are:

release | Switches and Updates to the Latest Release Build

openbeta | Switches and Updates to the Latest Open Beta Build

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks guys, I'll have a look.

I don't have DCS installed currently, I got a new SSD for it and I was holing off so that I could install DCS 1.5 fresh, I guess that isn't an option now, I'll have to install the beta and then update it to 1.5. I guess it is designed to work that way anyway so no biggy.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys, I'll have a look.

I don't have DCS installed currently, I got a new SSD for it and I was holing off so that I could install DCS 1.5 fresh, I guess that isn't an option now, I'll have to install the beta and then update it to 1.5. I guess it is designed to work that way anyway so no biggy.

In that case download the beta now instal it and when 1.5 hits you will update the beta and still have one instal

Sorry never read post fully:doh:

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Well, clearly not enough you sent happy thoughts (jk) and I’m afraid the updater build failed. So, we need to find the problem, fix it and try again. This may take more than just a few hours, so those of you staying up may want to get some shut eye.

In the meantime, we are working hard to get this in your hands as soon as possible.

Edited by Wags

Well, clearly not enough you sent happy thoughts and I’m afraid the updater build failed (jk). So, we need to find the problem, fix it and try again. This may take more than just a few hours, so those of you staying up may want to get some shut eye.

In the meantime, we are working hard to get this in your hands as soon as possible.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go again.... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Well, clearly not enough you sent happy thoughts and I’m afraid the updater build failed (jk). So, we need to find the problem, fix it and try again. This may take more than just a few hours, so those of you staying up may want to get some shut eye.

Best of luck, off to bed thanks:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You might want to move the JK part to the happy thoughts, because that reads as if 'the updater build failed (jk)'...

Just sayin, lol.

I'm on the west coast, so I got like 8 more hours in me before I get some shuteye. Keep up the good work!

I bought the Albatros as a thank you for your hard work!

I just did as well :D

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, FW-190, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, L-39 and NTTR pre purchase

PC - Core i7 6700k 4ghz, 16gb DDR4 RAM, EVGA SC GTX970 4gb, Saitek X52 Hotas + TrackIR 5

You might want to move the JK part to the happy thoughts, because that reads as if 'the updater build failed (jk)'...

Just sayin, lol.

I'm on the west coast, so I got like 8 more hours in me before I get some shuteye. Keep up the good work!

Ya I read the first line and then saw jk and thought, Yes it's ready, and then read the second line...lol

Best of luck Matt and team, we've waited this long anyway. With regards to the previous discussion. Could you shed any light as to how long 1.5 will require DCS Beta version, just so those of us who would rather not install it know whether to wait it out, or just go ahead and install two copies of DCS?

Many thanks.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

In all seriousness I know this upgrade is free but to be honest I would be happy to pay a nominal "contribution"

Best way to support is to buy a module: correct people will get their share then.

I donated extra P-51 module a while back to a friend who has bought two modules since then. Good way to get people interested in DCS I think ;)

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."