DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, clearly not enough you sent happy thoughts (jk) and I’m afraid the updater build failed. So, we need to find the problem, fix it and try again. This may take more than just a few hours, so those of you staying up may want to get some shut eye.

In the meantime, we are working hard to get this in your hands as soon as possible.

I just want to tell you all, good luck, we're all counting on you.

The suspense is killing me, I just want to douche around in awesome new DCS. I just finished work but cba sleeping on to a rest day, I am on the coffee waiting for that little grey box to appear .... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

I just want to tell you all, good luck, we're all counting on you.

LMAO!! Leslie Nielsen Airplane!!

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

Back then, there was another 1.5 release milestone - the good old Flanker 1.5. ... how far we've come...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks for the vid Wags, looks beautiful!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

In all seriousness I know this upgrade is free but to be honest I would be happy to pay a nominal "contribution"

And this isn't sentiment based on the update or me being overly nice to ED

I've had my fair share of gripes too - once got banned for a whole year for going on a little about the ATC update being overdue...

Just an honest personal feeling. Yes I support by buying modules...but this and 2.0 will be like new sims I think. (as long as the ATC upgrade makes it soon..:music_whistling:)

Anyway, if anyone famcies setting something up...I'm in!

Regards,

Gary

That's nice of you. You always have the solution to buy something and gift it to someone you like.

Feel free to gift me a L-39 or a Nevada map, I'll happily fly around in formation and learn it with you. :lol:

But in all seriousness, just being part of the community, contributing and buying yourself the modules that interrests you is what keeps ED going. Just buy what you think is worth it, if everyone does that ED is sure to keep releasing incredible modules for us to enjoy. :)

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm just sitting back singing in my head "On the fourth day of EDGEmas Matt Wagner gave to me..." :D Good job to all the ED crew. I'm going to go take a nap right now and then stay up till about 7:00 AM. Wish the crew good luck on finding those problems! No rush though, I've got all the time in the world.

61863991.jpg

CPU: i7 6700k OC @ 4.7 ghz

MoBo: ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Ripjaw

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/4TB Western Digital Black HDD

Monitor: Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p 144hz

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle / VKB Sim Fat Black Mamba Mk.III

I'd suggest speaking to one of the moderators they will likely advise you :)

Damn I need to be ready for work in 6 hours.

That gives me 5h30 to enjoy 1.5 then I'll have to take a shower.

5h45, I can take a shower in 15 minutes, hell even 10.

Oh screw this I'll take a shower now

Or you can just call in... Tell your a boss you are having eye troubles.

as in..."I just can't see coming in to work tomorrow"

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

That's nice of you. You always have the solution to buy something and gift it to someone you like.

Feel free to gift me a L-39 or a Nevada map, I'll happily fly around in formation and learn it with you. :lol:

But in all seriousness, just being part of the community, contributing and buying yourself the modules that interrests you is what keeps ED going. Just buy what you think is worth it, if everyone does that ED is sure to keep releasing incredible modules for us to enjoy. :)

L39 purchased.....:thumbup:

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Btw, is there a reliable source, to find out when the 1.5 is live? ED Twitter? Facebloke? Wall Street Journal Website?

I keep F5'ing this page: http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I'm sad with the failure, but I need to say, they're working hard on it. I think they aren't sleeping just to give us, the new engine as soon as possible, so we need to thank the ED for his very good work.. I'm loving the DCS 1.5/2, it's 9hours pm here, I'm thinking about to sleep and probably the 1.5 will be ready when I wake up. it should take more than some hours..

So, thank you guys for the excellent job.. you all are amazing guys.. I see you tomorrow in DCS.

The hype is so harcore tonight.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Pauseable server

So, I just noticed this line from the changelog:

Added option to Pause a server with no client.

So, does this mean we're getting dedicated servers with 1.5? Otherwise it doesn't make much sense. Do they have to be launched from a normal DCS install? I was hoping for something more... streamlined, but I'll take what I can get.

I was also wondering if this means we could leave a mission midflight, have the server pause, and rejoin into your plane later? I've never tried it, can you jump back into the airplane you were in when you left if it hasn't crashed? Because boy I'd love to span a flight with a friend out over a few days pausing the server every night. I can dream I suppose :)

Back then, there was another 1.5 release milestone - the good old Flanker 1.5. ... how far we've come...

Memories!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

Actually I was wondering which of my fingers wasn't that usefull to me.

Why take a day when you can have a week ?!

:D

You get a whole week off, just for getting one finger cut off? :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: