DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

Well, it's 1AM here and I'm not working tomorrow. Thanks to Ohgr (god) I don't have to set my beta controls. I'm gonna crack open a beer and see what's going on.

I will suffer with the ED developers (not really).

Sounds about right to me, I think it's pretty cool that the community is showing these hard working devs so much support.

Keep it up boys, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!:clap:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my way too work... i keep the forum open today and go home when the open beta is released today. OMG..OMG...OMG....it is really coming!!!:)

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I'd say no, because if you over load the update server it blocks you. So you wouldn't slow down others from trying. Then you have to contact a moderator to unblock you. So I'd just wait until it's posted that it's there or just check updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Good to know. Thanks! And that's a good thing it's protected that way.

I was thinking about a reasonable duration like one hour or so. Not that kind of eagerness:

202.gif

:lol:

In any case, I'll have to stick around and support their effort as I have to work on my computer anyway. So I have no choice but to monitor the 1.5 OB release :D

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Nice to see the dedication of the team at Eagle Dynamics pulling all-nighters like this. I'm sure that most of those players who are aware of it appreciate it. I know I do. So thank you. :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Matt's livestream of testing the build stopped 8 hours ago ... I thought the update would be live now.

Uploading the build to the servers, creating the torrent file, distributing it with some start seeders, and crowd proofing takes time.

Im sure that sleeping is also kind of required at some point for members of the dev team. Its coming today. We've waited this long, a one day delay is nothing at this point. Cut them some slack people.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I assume we could create an autoupdater with a script. Run it, it checks if the updater is still running and if not, it starts the updater again after a duration.

Example.

But what's the fun in that? ED team does not autocode/autocompile/autodebug ;)

I went this route, checks to see if dcs updater is running and if not runs dcs_updater.exe update every 5 minutes. I work tomorrow so I can't stay up all night running it lol.

Uploading the build to the servers, creating the torrent file, distributing it with some start seeders, and crowd proofing takes time.

Im sure that sleeping is also kind of required at some point for members of the dev team. Its coming today. We've waited this long, a one day delay is nothing at this point. Cut them some slack people.

It's a patch not a torrent. Be careful with unreliable info

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a patch not a torrent. Be careful with unreliable info

As far as I know ED always releases their patches in torrent seeds as well as through the regular updater.

I always forget there are a lot of people who are unfamiliar with the more arcane inner workings of the internet and computers in general. ;)

"Torrent" doesnt automatically mean "pirate!"....fyi.

Edited by OnlyforDCS
  • Like 1

Once 1.5 is out, we should have some interesting data about SLI/Crossfire DX11 rendering performance.

That could become a serious incentive to upgrade the hardware.

With both versions installed it will be easy to compare the fps.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

:bounce:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I was waiting to see some new notes added to the changelog in the final moments, but only found out that it is coming soon as it is being uploaded.

And I am about to leave in couple hours for almost a week. The irony is.....

Happy testing for everyone :D

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I was waiting to see some new notes added to the changelog in the final moments, but only found out that it is coming soon as it is being uploaded.

And I am about to leave in couple hours for almost a week. The irony is.....

Happy testing for everyone :D

If you're talking about this post

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2490685&postcount=5

They tested the build and it ended up failing. Wags posted earlier saying that they'll have to find the problem and retest it. Shouldn't be too much more of a big delay though. A day extra could be all.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2491131&postcount=741

Edited by SatThuVoBui

CPU: i7 6700k OC @ 4.7 ghz

MoBo: ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Ripjaw

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/4TB Western Digital Black HDD

Monitor: Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p 144hz

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle / VKB Sim Fat Black Mamba Mk.III