NineLine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This batch checks the updater every 5 seconds music_whistling.gif

Obviously my open beta install is C:\DCSWOpenBeta

You need to rename the current autoupdate_log.txt to something else also

New version also exits if updater already running. In case the logfile isn't written in 5 seconds.

echo off
:start
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq DCS_updater.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "DCS_updater.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" exit

if exist "C:\DCSWOpenBeta\autoupdate_log.txt" (
   echo file exists
   exit
) else (
   echo file doesn't exist
   start C:\DCSWOpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe update    
)
timeout 5
goto start

202.gif

Please be gentle :D

Just imagine how much the servers would endure if everyone of us would be that ruthless :smilewink:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Please be gentle :D

Just imagine how much the servers would endure if everyone of us would be that ruthless :smilewink:

I am pretty certain that the lights are going to be dimming for several blocks around wherever it is they keep the server from the load this community is about to put on it.

Maybe they release a torrent so that the download speed increases with the number of people participating instead of slowing down?

Maybe they are spinning up some virtual server instances in their cloud to handle the traffic? I assume they go with the times and have cloud instancing? :music_whistling:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Maybe they are spinning up some virtual server instances in their cloud to handle the traffic? I assume they go with the times and have cloud instancing? :music_whistling:

seems like that would be rather expense since you pay for bandwidth ? - would have to agree that Torrent is optimal for big releases!

Maybe they release a torrent so that the download speed increases with the number of people participating instead of slowing down?

I don't think so. I think it's going to be a "regular" auto-update. Although if there was a torrent release I would gladly keep it seeding on my server for couple of weeks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

I don't understand...is the 1.5 out?
Nope, not yet, a few hours more.

They're waiting on Matt to wake up on the west coast so he can bless it... ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

My understanding is that download will be through OB updater only since it's OB.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

AFAIK the DCS downloader use P2P already so people downloading it will distribute it to everyone else.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Should I download the current version of openbeta, or wait until 1.5 is released (maybe relieving the load on the servers)?

My opinion is get the OB now and patch it, that seems to be how the release is geared up. Who can say how long before the full 1.5 installation is available as complete download:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]