DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hotfix 3 changelog says:

"‘render3D' option in /Config/autoexec.cfg restored."

What does that mean? This file doesn't even exist. I do create it after each update to fly multiplayer with less lag but the update didn't create one.

Can anyone explain to me if my installation is faulty or the change log was written too ambitiously?

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Hey all I need some help. My DCS 1.5 Beta did not auto update when the new hotfix came out and now i cant join some servers because i do not have the newest version. I am running windows 10 and have tried the DCS updater from the Start menu as well as tried to run the DCS updater from the BIN folder in DCS world open Beta folder, still no luck. I uninstalled DCS 1.5 Open beta and reinstalled as well as tried the repair DCS option. I am currently sitting on the 1.5.0.45208 version. Please help as i dont know what im missing here.

The hotfix 3 changelog says:

"‘render3D' option in /Config/autoexec.cfg restored."

What does that mean? This file doesn't even exist. I do create it after each update to fly multiplayer with less lag but the update didn't create one.

Can anyone explain to me if my installation is faulty or the change log was written too ambitiously?

It's for server administrators. If you are not running a dedicated server then just skip this information.

Run "Dcs_updater.exe update" in command prompt

Where can i find the "Command Prompt" procedures? I know it is here somewhere but have had no luck with the search function. Thanks in advance...

Ah! found it!! Ok everyone!......back to work!

Edited by kevinsue

Best Regards....Kev*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

It's for server administrators. If you are not running a dedicated server then just skip this information.

copy, thank you!

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

I know this thread is for 1.5. My problem is w/ 1.2.x download.

Everything was running fine until I tried to update to 1.5. My "DCS World" icons went away??? So I went back & installed 1.2.x. Everything went good. Got all my desktop icons back. Now when I click on the "DCS World" icon I get this Windows window:

"DCS has stopped working" right below that is "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Then it has a "Close program" at the bottom of the window box.

I've ran the "Repair DCS World" and "Update DCS World" w/ no problems. I would really like to start flyin again. Any suggestions?

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Pro Gaming with Killer Networking & Sound Blaster Intel Motherboard / Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda T1000DM003 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5” HD / Processor: Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz / Memory: 24 GB Ram / SSD: SAMSUNG 2TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E1T0B/AM / Samsung 42" Curved 4k MonitorControls: X-55 / Warthog / MFG Crosswind / VKB Mk.IV / TrackIR

You cannot update 1.2 to 1.5. Second, after you download 1.5 and install it, you should have TWO completely independent installations - 1.2.xx in "DCS World" folder and the 1.5 beta in "DCS World OpenBeta" folder. All your shortcuts for 1.2 should point to "DCS folder" and work independently of Beta (1.5 shortcut should point to "DCS World OpenBeta" folder).

It seems that somehow you've managed to corrupt your 1.2 installation, probably by trying to install 1.5 Beta over 1.2 in the same folder. I would try to uninstall everything and start from scratch.

Yes, you can, following the instructions here: forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I was obviously referring to simple installation without Command Prompt ("after you download 1.5 and install it").

I doubt that someone who is comfortable using console for upgrading install, would have problems of such kind! ;)

Edited by danilop

Hijack is it possible to run a server without graphics card now?

:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, you can, following the instructions here: forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Except that 1.5 ONLY exists as a Beta, and if you try to install it over 1.2.16, and then revert back to 1.2.16 from 1.5 you will end up with a utterly corrupt and broken installation.

You should only ever install a Beta as a Beta, and retain the original full installation as the previous version.

So, as was advised earlier, the only way to get DCS World working properly is a full uninstall, and a completely clean install.

Can you direct me to instructions on how to do a "complete & clean" uninstall. Thanks so much for you help.

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Pro Gaming with Killer Networking & Sound Blaster Intel Motherboard / Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda T1000DM003 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5” HD / Processor: Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz / Memory: 24 GB Ram / SSD: SAMSUNG 2TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E1T0B/AM / Samsung 42" Curved 4k MonitorControls: X-55 / Warthog / MFG Crosswind / VKB Mk.IV / TrackIR

AND A correct install. Thanks

Except that 1.5 ONLY exists as a Beta, and if you try to install it over 1.2.16, and then revert back to 1.2.16 from 1.5 you will end up with a utterly corrupt and broken installation.

You should only ever install a Beta as a Beta, and retain the original full installation as the previous version.

So, as was advised earlier, the only way to get DCS World working properly is a full uninstall, and a completely clean install.

Or just install it into a separate directory, as recommended.

Put 1-7 in DCS World which was on my SS drive under Program Files => Eagle Dynamics => DCS World => (sub folders) DCS => DCS World 1.2.16

Guess I'll have to install 1.5 to fly Black Shark II? So this is my plan:

- Leave my sub folder "DCS World 1.2.16" alone.

- Download 1.5 into a new folder along side of "DCS World 1.2.16" calling it "DCS World 1.5"

Does my plan look doable?

Put 1-7 in DCS World which was on my SS drive under Program Files => Eagle Dynamics => DCS World => (sub folders) DCS => DCS World 1.2.16

Guess I'll have to install 1.5 to fly Black Shark II? So this is my plan:

- Leave my sub folder "DCS World 1.2.16" alone.

- Download 1.5 into a new folder along side of "DCS World 1.2.16" calling it "DCS World 1.5"

Does my plan look doable?

Yes, personally, I wanted to install it next to my original DCS installation, as well. Therefore, my layout is as follows:

C:/Videogames/Ubisoft/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World..and DCS World OpenBeta (right next to each other)

:smilewink:

--=_Flying Since LOMAC_=--

Yes, personally, I wanted to install it next to my original DCS installation, as well. Therefore, my layout is as follows:

C:/Videogames/Ubisoft/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World..and DCS World OpenBeta (right next to each other)

:smilewink:

Blasphemy :lol::lol::lol:

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom