DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player no longer needs to be flight lead in an aircraft group

Does this mean when 1.5 comes we will get an AI flight lead who will give us orders?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Someone needs to bring those devs some coffee it's now a new day in Russia!

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

And a new month! Here's to beta 1.5 Oct 2015! :)

I really do look forward to the enhanced visibility of units. One of the toughest challenges I've found, even with guys that have all lights on bright and don't fence in, is just picking up other air units visually.

Edited by boomerang10
  • Like 1

And a new month! Here's to beta 1.5 Oct 2015! :)

I really do look forward to the enhanced visibility of units. One of the toughest challenges I've found, even with guys that have all lights on bright and don't fence in, is just picking up other air units visually.

Indeed. In my opinion dog fighting was/is almost impossible. This for me is the most important change coming in 1.5, though I must say the new smoke trails from flares/missiles does look staggeringly good as well :thumbup:

Indeed. In my opinion dog fighting was/is almost impossible. This for me is the most important change coming in 1.5, though I must say the new smoke trails from flares/missiles does look staggeringly good as well :thumbup:

I cannot wait, I haven't flown the F-15C in months , been in the A-10C beta testing each campaign mission I create for this campaign I've been making. I really wish they add a preview window in the mission editor so you can see the ground unit, building, farp, etc. you're placing on the map. Maybe one day as they work on the other features.

Thanks,

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

It's still September here in Calif. I wonder if we have to hit the intl date line first? hehehehe

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Is there going to be over wing vapor in this 1.5 beta update?

EDIT: and if its possible does anyone know a way to save control button settings?

Savedgames/inputs..... Make a copy from your main game and put in beta

• Like 1

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

When they release it, will our updaters automatically install it?????

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Back then, there was another 1.5 release milestone - the good old Flanker 1.5. ... how far we've come...

I remember that update, I had to wait a looong time to meet someone who had a copy.

To this day it still looks cutting edge to me :)

When they release it, will our updaters automatically install it?????

We must be approaching some kind of World Record for the amount of times the exact same question can be asked in a single thread. :D

If you have the Open Beta installed, then yes, it'll be automatically installed. ,

If you only have a "normal" DCS install, then no, you'll need to install the Open Beta first.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

If you have the Open Beta installed, then yes, it'll be automatically installed.

To be clear, you still have to trigger the update by clicking on the "Update DCS World OpenBeta" shortcut or starting DCS World OpenBeta.

It will not auto-update and download the 1.5 files if you don't do anything.

So don't sleep and take a sip of that tasty coffee/tea/whatever keep you awake ;)

And I hope Wags and the coders/testers @ ED are getting some rest by now.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

To be clear, you still have to trigger the update by clicking on the "Update DCS World OpenBeta" shortcut or to start DCS World OpenBeta.

Yeah, I kind of took that bit for granted. You're totally right, though. :D

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I assume we could create an autoupdater with a script. Run it, it checks if the updater is still running and if not, it starts the updater again after a duration.

Example.

But what's the fun in that? ED team does not autocode/autocompile/autodebug ;)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Well, it's 1AM here and I'm not working tomorrow. Thanks to Ohgr (god) I don't have to set my beta controls. I'm gonna crack open a beer and see what's going on.

I will suffer with the ED developers (not really).

Edited by Dappman

I assume we could create an autoupdater with a script. Run it, it checks if the updater is still running and if not, it starts the updater again after a duration.

Example.

But what's the fun in that? ED team does not autocode/autocompile/autodebug ;)

I'd say no, because if you over load the update server it blocks you. So you wouldn't slow down others from trying. Then you have to contact a moderator to unblock you. So I'd just wait until it's posted that it's there or just check updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Thanks,

Hardware: