DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

Sat chewing my joystick...

Well, I have an updated updater - so that's got to count as progress!

:joystick:

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems people are really affraid to miss the release by seconds.

Seems to me a release before the weekend would be a great scenario. If it needs to be delayed again so be it.

ED and partners must be getting so tired of all those people "demanding "updates and release-info from behind their lazy seats . It doenst help at all....

ED, thanks for all the hard work and a making a great sim

• Like 1

I just started up DCS... It starts to install a update! Im like:D

Is it a very small update changing Chech from CS to CZ or something like that :cry:

i5 7600K OC 4.4, MSI Z270 Sli plus GTX 1080 OC, 2x16 GB Memory 3000 MHz, Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog, VKB pedals TrackIR 5.

it seems people are really affraid to miss the release by seconds.

Seems to me a release before the weekend would be a great scenario. If it needs to be delayed again so be it.

ED and partners must be getting so tired of all those people "demanding "updates and release-info from behind their lazy seats . It doenst help at all....

ED, thanks for all the hard work and a making a great sim

Nobody that I've seen is 'demanding' anything. People are excited because the lead dev said they were getting ready to send 1.5 out very soon.

I understand preaching patience, but getting snippy and calling people 'lazy' doesn't help either.

Let people crush f5 and share in their exuberance, it doesn't hurt you a bit.

• Like 1

What is more disappointing that a delayed release is to get all hyped and download 4 or so gigs just to get your dreams smashed by an error in the installation process.

Because DRM?

I'd say scrap the DRM and stick with Steamworks.

There was an update on SteamDB two hours ago: https://steamdb.info/app/223750/history/

But no official word yet.

It's 12PM in Moscow, 6AM here, another long day of work while waiting for the update to be released :)

Thank you ED for the hard work as usual!

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

Sebas1977,

i don't thing the customer harrasment is boring. I've been working in a sporting good company with a huge reputation ( Tippmann sports in Paintball) but also prone to delay and early batch quality issue and i had my share of "when are you going to release this?" type of question.

Tho they is pressure on dates, it is delighting and motivating to see customers font of your stuff.

Things could be worse....you could be my mate who ordered a TM Warthog last week and the courier tried to deliver it twice today while he was at work but didn't leave a delivery note. Now he has to wait until next week due to a public holiday tomorrow where he is.

Poor bastard is waiting for 1.5 like the rest of us AND that happens to him. #facepalm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!