Realistic Damage models for ground forces

WelshZeCorgi

Realistic Damage models for ground forces  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Realistic Damage models for ground forces

I would like to suggest better, more realistic DM for things like tanks, APCs and trucks. Well... at least tanks if nothing else.

As it is right now, the DM for ground forces are a bit binary. They are either alive, or dead and in DCSW there is no such thing as a mobility kill (tracks/suspension/engine destroyed) or a mission kill (gun/optics destroyed).

I believe a more realistic DM for at least tanks would greatly improve gameplay and immersion.

Please voice your opinions in the poll above. Thanks.

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

AFAIK, CM is only a "life bar" system except for Abhram MBT and few boats.

Would be great one day to get mods like the Arma 3 "Real Armor" mod.

I've also noticed that it is harder to kill MBT with GAU-8 while hitting them from the front (which is the most heavily armored in real life).

I've never played to Steel Beast Pro but I know that that CM are very detailed (not surprising for a pro tank sim)

• Like 1

I've never played to Steel Beast Pro but I know that that CM are very detailed (not surprising for a pro tank sim)

I've never played it either, but I've played SABOW (tank sim by Graviteam Tactics) and GTOS (RTS from same devs), both have very realistic damage model based on projectile velocity, angle of impact and armor thickness. I'd like to see the same thing in DCS one day.

• Like 1

I agree that it would be great to have more detailed calculation of armour penetration vs different weapons, but I'd be concerned about the additional CPU load, especially with lots of ground vehicles in a given mission.

• Like 1

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.