Stop Complaining guys!!!

Yo-Yo says:

I know this report and as far as I remember have the translation of it.

I know...I gave you a copy many months ago.

- what link is between STICK FORCES and RUDDER ?

Dear Yo-Yo :)

FalkeEins says:

Just another hint:

The headline for the first graph is

Ruderausschlag bei festem Staudruck ...

here one could argue what the meaning of Ruder would be, rudder or elevator or aileron.

The headline for the second graph on the same page is

Höhensteuer-Handkraft bei festem Staudruck ...

Höhensteuer is german for control actuator (hinged to elevator).

So the english term for Höhensteuer-Handkraft would be stick-force (for elevator, not aileron)

here one could argue what the meaning of Ruder would be, rudder or elevator or aileron. = So it is not black and white....

Höhensteuer is german for control actuator = Hinge in english

Höhensteuer-Handkraft = Hinge moment forces = Hinge moment is a common term used in stability and control engineering with very specific meaning

Now the graphs are not hinge moments but there is no english term for Hinge moment forces.

A moment of force is a measure of the turning effect of a force. A hinge moment force would be the resultant force and exactly describes how Stick Forces are derived from hinge moments.

Hence the English Translation....Stick Forces.

Falke Eins says:

over [static -- edit: I got that wrong] pressure?

It is not always easy to translate these documents, Yo-Yo.

Even natives make a mistake on occasion.

Edited by Crumpp

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

I know...I gave you a copy many months ago.

Dear Yo-Yo :)

here one could argue what the meaning of Ruder would be, rudder or elevator or aileron. = So it is not black and white....

Höhensteuer is german for control actuator = Hinge in english

Höhensteuer-Handkraft = Hinge moment forces = Hinge moment is a common term used in stability and control engineering with very specific meaning

Now the graphs are not hinge moments but there is no english term for Hinge moment forces.

A moment of force is a measure of the turning effect of a force. A hinge moment force would be the resultant force and exactly describes how Stick Forces are derived from hinge moments.

Hence the English Translation....Stick Forces.

It is not always easy to translate these documents, Yo-Yo.

Even natives make a mistake on occasion.

See, when I said I wouldn't comment on those graphs due mainly to the fact they're written in that "hot potatoe in the mouth" language :-) ?

• Like 1

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Yeah, sure. I tried +10 rudder -4 ailerons and that's better. Anyway any trim tab setting you use will work only for a certain speed. My setting works fine for ~400Km/H, may be a bit more. Lower or higher speeds results in the aircraft untrimmed as always :smilewink:. I'll give a try for a time and decide if I like and it worth the while or not.

Yes the module has been underpowered. It's being discussed she was overpowered and had too high climb speed so it's fixed to historical values. Anyway I also feel her too weak in some points. May we have to get used. Take off run is fine for me, still 1.3 ATA gets you airborne sooner than expected :smilewink:.

S!

Well, coming back from an A/B test with the 1.2.16 module, I must say, the difference was not quite as big as I made it out to be.

(Typical psychological error when you try something new. :) )

Slightly less engine power, yes, but not that much, and lower speed may also be affected be slightly different trim, and me "man-handling" the plane at bit at take off, due to the slightly different feeling.*

As you say, we probably just have to get used to it.

But once in the air, and with slightly more thrust, I actually start to prefer the 1.5 version over the 1.2.16. :)

One other thing I noticed is, by landing, beware of the brakes..

Too hard tapping and you are very likely to nose in. ;)

Shooting targets on the ground?

Much nicer, now I can see them. :D

Often times I can now take them out with one (1) well placed 30 mm grenade.

All in all: Starting to be a happy camper. :)

Thanks, and congrats to ED and Yo-Yo.

*(One question to Yo-Yo or Sith: I would like to know, if trim tab sliders are at 0, does it mean the plane is trimmed as before?

It feels slightly different, at least the rudder?)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use