Open Beta won´t install at all

I've tried this lokodehortaleza and still no solution. Re-installing windows for me is not an option. I hope devs or support team find a solution to it, i had no problems installing any other programs. So it's a DCS 1.5 thing. I hope someone can find a solution.

Right now i feel like there is an amazing product inside the shop, and all i can do is some window shopping :music_whistling:

Tried SkateZilla's fix, tried updating C++ redistributable, Nvidia drivers, no joy. Ran the System File Checker tool (see instructions below), it found some errors that couldn't be fixed.

To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.

2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

4. At the command prompt, the following line, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

When the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved.

I thought something must've been wrong with my windows install, so i formatted and installed windows again. That fixed it, i was able to install and run 1.5.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

I was thinking and sorry if my question makes no sense but: is it posible to install the open beta (the one previous to 1.5) without utilizing the updater? For example, Torrent?

Or any other way? (like update to 1.5 from current stable version) so we who are not able to even get the open beta to work, have the chance to install it in order to finally install 1.5 afterwards?

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

Right now i feel like there is an amazing product inside the shop, and all i can do is some window shopping :music_whistling:

Same here. It's a pitty so many people have a problem installing this open beta. An open beta is there to let people try and test it and come with error so they can be solved.

Well, the first error is already there before the game even runs.

I used open beta's in the past without much trouble (like DCS A-10C and Elite Dangerous). Didn't bother much with DCS World beta's since i didn't had the time to play anyway but i would like to play a part in the 1.5 beta. But... no joy. Updater is sitting on 2 screens, one telling me it's initialising, the other on updating myself. And the only way to get out of that process is the computers power button.

Also, is there a difference between an update to an older beta and a new frsh install of the latest beta? Do they all come through the updater? Because for me, an updater does what it says, it "updates" something instead of doing a fresh install.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

This is what i get when i "try" to install the Open Beta:

And it sticks there. Programs that are open when the open beta updater is running are still operational (or partial operational) but nothing else can't be opened, not even the task manager to kill the updater.

Also, the cancel button on the updating myself window can be pressed and is animated but it doesn't do anything anymore.

Znnz9TO.png

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Downloaded beta, updated but when I try to run it I get this message "programme cannot start due to missing msvcr120.dll. What now?

Maybe repair DCS World OpenBeta?

Yesterday i have download and install the DCS World OpenBeta (by the DCS site), and update DCS World OpenBeta.

Now i use the 1.5 version. All modules are install.

I have copy/paste the config file from Users/XXX/Saved Games/DCS to Users/XXX/Saved Games/DCS.open beta

Note; sometime the server is very busy.

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

This is what i get when i "try" to install the Open Beta:

And it sticks there. Programs that are open when the open beta updater is running are still operational (or partial operational) but nothing else can't be opened, not even the task manager to kill the updater.

Also, the cancel button on the updating myself window can be pressed and is animated but it doesn't do anything anymore.

Znnz9TO.png

I'm having significant issues with the DCS updater. I've had this previously so the only way I could get around it was to download the full installers (via torrent) each time an update occurs. Pain in the proverbial but I can live with it. However, I could NOT make the beta work primarily because it relied on the updater.

So....I waited until the beta torrent comes out...and download it. Installs fine..however when I go to open it up, it tries to open the updater...then I get the above two screens and my computer hangs ie NOTHING works. It must be taking up all my memory or something.

However, I can actually start the beta through the DCS.exe file in the beta folder (under bin). Unfortunately there's no modules other than the SU25T (which I love...but my first love is the A10C). If I try to reinstall the modules = dcs updater = hang.

So...any suggestions?

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I had to turn off the Virus Shield in BitDefender to make it work. After the updater did it's job, i turned it back on.

Please :helpsmilie:

I'm still unable to run the OB 1.5

I disabled antivirus and firewall. I downloaded the beta by torrent and installed it. After install when i run the dcs.exe as admin the bloody thing goes to the updater and instantly crashes again "dcs updater has stopped working". Whenever i try to go through updater it freezes/crashes. Tried the repair icon, same thing: bloody crash.

Tried running the run.exe located in open beta folder; at first got the missing 120.dll; so downloaded visual studios 2013. I run it again but now get a message "the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000001d)

It's becoming really frustrating, days trying to make it work/waiting for torrent, and still unable tu run the 1.5 beta at all.

OS= w7 ultimate 64bit - i3 4150 3.50GHZ - 8gb ram - geforce GTX760 - SSD 256gb

I had to turn off the Virus Shield in BitDefender to make it work. After the updater did it's job, i turned it back on.

that did it!!! thanks mate. I have Bitdefender as well.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

If you managed to install open beta 1.5 and have problems with crashing when you want to start the open beta 1.5, make sure you have downloaded and installed Visual C++ Redistributable package and Service Pack 1.

I have WIN 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition and had issues with starting open beta 1.5. Now it all works fine!!

I tried to re installed it and it fail all the time for the last 3 days.

It give me a message " Sorry, we-installs are temporarily suspend. Use the full installer, please."

OpenBeta installers will be available soon. ETA: Oct 4 2015 18:00 UTC

I've post my original message here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149027

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i.imgur.com/9Vtu7fB.jpg?1[/img]

AT my browser pop in with this page

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i.imgur.com/1B0EXLb.jpg?1[/img]

Edited by Decibel dB

If you managed to install open beta 1.5 and have problems with crashing when you want to start the open beta 1.5, make sure you have downloaded and installed Visual C++ Redistributable package and Service Pack 1.

I have WIN 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition and had issues with starting open beta 1.5. Now it all works fine!!

Thank you kabalah. I've downloaded Visual C++ yesterday, still no luck. BUT, i just realize my windows is not SP1 but the previous one, so now i'm installing it and will let you know.

Is the last thing remaining, i've tried everything. Nothing worked aand sometimes even went worse; for instance updating my gpu drivers just caused my DCS stable install to stop working. I had to revert to older drivers in order to get it working again.

• 1 year later...
Well, my understanding was that 1.5 would install automatically over the current version. Now i think it will only do it under Beta version. I got confused cause there are many posts about it and finally i didn't know what to do.

Today i tried downloading the beta installer. I installed it. Ran it as admin with my antivirus disabled. It all goes ok but after getting the latest updater version, it stops at "Downloading version info..." and it crashes, getting the message "DCS has stopped working."

I have no idea what to do. I'm running W7 64 bits.

hi, it looks that i meet the same problem as you . https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...ght=0xc000001d

how did you resolve it finally?

i've tried many ways for hours but no ues , including reinstall dx11 ,reinstall vc++, update graphics card driver...