4k resolution problems

xaoslaad

Figured it out.

The "Change the size of text, apps, and other items:" setting in the Windows 10 settings for Display are affecting the game.

I do not believe that is correct for a game; certainly it was not true of 1.2.x

I can certainly change it to play for now, but 100% is too small on a 28" 4k for normal stuff despite working fine for gaming...

At 4k it looks like all I see is the top left quadrant on the menu screens. It's unusable.

I confirm this. 4K not working as it should.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4K doesn't work with DCS 1.5 OB

With my settings on HD, DCS was always just on the top left corner of my screen, even with fullscreen on

Now i tried to compensate it with UHD, now the picture is bigger then my screen, and i only can click the logout and setting button, or the resolution chooser, but not any fly or OK button.

Do i have to reinstall DCS OB?

My specs: i7 4790K oc, 16GB DDR3, ASUS GTX 970 Strix, RoG Maximus VII Ranger MB, Samsung 4k Monitor

I tried to make a screen but it'll only show the whole screen not my visual screen

Single screen, 4K, Windows 8.1

No, it does not help at all, no matter if I run this in full screen or windowed mode, still not able to work with it.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4K resolution menu's shifted

Running a clean install of DCS 1.5

Upon the first launch it was running in a very low resolution, so i changed it in the options.

Problem i now am having though is that i cant see the module icons on the main screen anymore, and when i go to options the screen is shifted to the right and down.

Meaning that i cant change the resolution back from 3840*2160 cause i cant see the OK or APPLY button in the lower right of the menu.

See attached screenshots, what i actually see on my screen is marked whit a RED border.

(if someone can tell me where the config file is i can try running a lower resolution and see what happens.)

Screen_151002_110926.thumb.jpg.2b59a920bb2e6e8fdf9c3369e1e053e6.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Running a clean install of DCS 1.5

Upon the first launch it was running in a very low resolution, so i changed it in the options.

Problem i now am having though is that i cant see the module icons on the main screen anymore, and when i go to options the screen is shifted to the right and down.

Meaning that i cant change the resolution back from 3840*2160 cause i cant see the OK or APPLY button in the lower right of the menu.

See attached screenshots, what i actually see on my screen is marked whit a RED border.

(if someone can tell me where the config file is i can try running a lower resolution and see what happens.)

had the same problem

here is the file where you can switch back

C:\User\username\saved games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.loa

In my case the only way to solve this is running my desktop with that same resolution.

Unfortunately, that's what im already doing. Thanks for the tip though.

Ill try setting full screen "on" in the config file, see if that helps.

EDIT

Turns out Full screen was turned on, so i set it off. Didn't help though.

If i switch to a lower resolution in windowed mode (2560*1440) all is fine.

Any other ideas.?

Edited by 159th_Falcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Windows 8.1 with singe 4K screen

Did you try my steps from comment 3?

I am using Windows 8.1 and I am not affected by that OS scaling thing.

I can set it fine for full HD resolution but my screen's native is 4K and with full HD it looks poor.

I will have more time to troubleshoot this tonight, I will post any comments that I may have later on tonight.

Do you have means of testing this on another OS? Let's say Windows 7? I may do that if I have time over the weekend just to see.

:cry:

WORKS! 4K

I am using Windows 8.1 and I am not affected by that OS scaling thing.

I can set it fine for full HD resolution but my screen's native is 4K and with full HD it looks poor.

I will have more time to troubleshoot this tonight, I will post any comments that I may have later on tonight.

Do you have means of testing this on another OS? Let's say Windows 7? I may do that if I have time over the weekend just to see.

:cry:

Hold on a second here, do you have your FULL SCREEN set to FALSE in options.lua?

Left Alt + Enter did not work for me at all...

OK, thanks all for help! It looks like setting this up in options.lua makes Full Screen on 4K resolution working OK if you do LEFT ALT+ENTER in the menu!

Gentlemen,

Make sure Windows 10 is not setting your dpi to anything other than 100%

Right click desktop--->Display settings

Where it says "Change the size of text, apps, and other items:"

Must say 100% there

Even if the slider is all the way to the left, it can still read "custom"

Move it to the right then back to the left until you see "100%"

Windows 10 tried to set mine to 200% numerous times because of my 2160p monitor (3840x2160) thinking it needed to make things larger

Monnie

Edited by MonnieRock

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb