4k resolution problems

xaoslaad

Hello,

I tried LALT+ENTER, it works but then i can't click on any button anymore with my mouse and thus i'm stuck at the login screen. The mouse pointer moves but it seems as if the active area of the mouse is not DCS.

Core I7 4770K-16Gb DDR3 1800- SLI MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2Gb-Win 7 64 bit - TM Cougar

Same problem with mouse

Same problem here, have a 4k screen (LG television) and alt enters indeed a complete screen. However the mouseover is not at the altered resolution. In the setting you can change some thing with an offset to the right. However when in the choice menu to start flying this does not work anymore. Probably because the menu is at the faremost right and the mouse cannot 'reach' it?

Awesome that worked.

Still hope ED will solve this issue whit the windows scaling however. On this resolution of 3840*2160, even on a 40 inc monitor 100% scaling makes everything pretty darn small and hard to read.

But, for now, at least i know what i have to do to enjoy DCSW 1.5

Thank you very much.:thumbup:

(ps, still running windows 8 here, but had a scaling set of 125% in windows.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Same problem here, have a 4k screen (LG television) and alt enters indeed a complete screen. However the mouseover is not at the altered resolution. In the setting you can change some thing with an offset to the right. However when in the choice menu to start flying this does not work anymore. Probably because the menu is at the faremost right and the mouse cannot 'reach' it?

Hello,

I tried LALT+ENTER, it works but then i can't click on any button anymore with my mouse and thus i'm stuck at the login screen. The mouse pointer moves but it seems as if the active area of the mouse is not DCS.

Guys, try this:

1) Set your desktop resolution to your desired DSR resolution. This resolution will be the one you want in DCS World.

2) Launch DCS World; set DCS World's resolution to your desktop's DSR resolution.

3) LAlt+Enter to force Fullscreen mode and get rid of screen tearing.

It's a temporary workaround, because scaling shouldn't work like this. The inconvenience is that you'll have to switch resolutions before starting DCS World, and upon exit.

This works with NVIDIA. I don't know about AMD cards/drivers though; try and see.

Edited by Picchio

UI incorrect in 4K res

UI not correctly showed when using 4k monitor / resolution.

screenshot can't not be provided cause the screenshot is ok, but on monitor the UI is only partly showed.

system spec:

i7-2600K

GTX 980

Windows 10 64bit

latest nvidia driver 355.98

dell up3214q in 4k

RTX 3070

UI not correctly showed when using 4k monitor / resolution.

screenshot can't not be provided cause the screenshot is ok, but on monitor the UI is only partly showed.

system spec:

i7-2600K

GTX 980

Windows 10 64bit

latest nvidia driver 355.98

dell up3214q in 4k

Left ALT/ENTER :thumbup:

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

I have issue with laptop. Some of ui is eaten. Like I can't see full manual page. Also issue with multilayer. I can sort only by favorite

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

4k resolution broken

Setting the game resolution to 4k (3840×2160) causes it to bug out, with only about half the game visible on the screen because the rest is off the edge. Seems to be a scaling issue of some kind. I've included a diagram of what I mean: the red box represents my monitor, the blue box represents the game screen with the pale blue the visible portion of it. Not drawn to scale.

0wt5bcG.png

Apologies if you don't understand what I mean, I'm not quite sure how to explain it. 1440p works fine, and my monitor is 4k.

Its the screen scaling. If youre in windows 10 go to the settings for display and set the scaling to 100%. On mine itwas a 150% which it says is recommended and I had the same issue.

It will make your fonts/desktop etc. really small, but the game will work normal.

I've just been switching back and forth as needed.

• 3 months later...

Even happens to me with 2 monitors vertically (upper one is 4K).

Scaling is disabled (Upper is 40 inch, so not needed, lower is 22 inch, so the DPI are almost the same).

Assigned the UIMainviewPort to the upper screen only in the Monitor Config and it still doesn't work. Neither out of the box nor tweaked.

Since I use Helios a lot, disabling the lower screen is not an option.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

• 1 year later...
ALT+Enter allows to see it, but no option is clickable with mouse

Any fix with 4K settings?

Alt Tab out to another program, then switching back to DCS window resolves that issue for me.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 1 year later...

This was over a year ago, and nothing has changed. Out of all the games I run, DCS is the only one with this issue.

Is anyone looking at this, or is it considered to be a non DCS issue?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 7 months later...

Win10 have 100% scaling .

Have Tv at same scale as DCS .

Alt-tab out and back in to DCS .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 3 weeks later...

i guess this is where i post this. when i load the sim i can only see the middle 20% of the screen and i cant get to the options button so there is no way to change things to effect what is going on. any one with suggestions. i have a invidia 1080, intel i7 with 28g mem 64 bit windows 7 os. trips and a sound card. i use this machine for sim racing and do very well with it. i was using the 2.5.3 everything worked great and i picked up the blue nose bastards campaign and discovered i cant use it with 2.5.3 well 2.5.4 is a no go

Edited by Col A. Hammer

• 2 months later...

I'm getting (and have been getting for a while now) similar issues.

Desktop res is 3840x2160 and game res is 2560x1440. Game settings set to Full Screen

Typically, the game will load in the top left corner of the screen, occupying 2560x1440 space on my desktop. I can alt-enter or otherwise make it full screen, but mouse selection of controls in game is only in that one area of the screen (as if the game was still running in that space of the monitor).

If I quit the game immediately after it loads like this and then restart it, typically the game will load full screen as it should and I have no problems.

Other weird issues are when quitting the game, it doesn't always return the resolution to desktop res of 3840x2160. The desktop comes back at the game resolution of 2560x1440 and I have to manually return the desktop to its original higher res.

• 2 years later...
On 10/1/2015 at 1:48 PM, xaoslaad said:

At 4k it looks like all I see is the top left quadrant on the menu screens. It's unusable.

You need to edit your DCSWorld/config/monitorconfig.lua

add these lines at the end:

GUI =

{

x = screenwidth;

y = 0;

width = screenwidth;

height = screenheight;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Always edit a .lua in notepad++ to keep from corrupting it

even better:  add this instead

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Edited by Iceman555
  • Thanks 1

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2021 at 9:38 PM, Iceman555 said:

You need to edit your DCSWorld/config/monitorconfig.lua

add these lines at the end:

GUI =

{

x = screenwidth;

y = 0;

width = screenwidth;

height = screenheight;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Always edit a .lua in notepad++ to keep from corrupting it

even better:  add this instead

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

I'd like to try this... but I can't seem to find this file mentioned (monitorconfig.lua)!

Is this still valid or has it been moved to some other file?

7 minutes ago, cyberaxcess said:

I'd like to try this... but I can't seem to find this file mentioned (monitorconfig.lua)!

Is this still valid or has it been moved to some other file?

From memory it should be located here: C:\Users\Your Username\Saved Games\DCS\Config\MonitorSetup

19 hours ago, Wizxrd said:

From memory it should be located here: C:\Users\Your Username\Saved Games\DCS\Config\MonitorSetup

Nope, nothing the saved games\dcs folders...

But I did find these files in the install dcs folder, with very similar looking options in them...

dcs-monitor-config.PNG