Cannot download modules.

gomwolf

It is great! Thank you!

Worked for me too! Thank you very much!

When I ran the update, the updater copied files from the original install folder so, I imagine that if you had your modules installed in 1.2 then you should be able to copy the respective folders to your new beta install folder?

You have to run the updater in the BETA Folder, not your regular DCS installation. For me the update copied some files from the original installation of the latest stable release and then downloaded some additional files. For e.g. for FC3 about 250MB and for the MIG21 about 95MB.

Yes thanks I followed the instructions for the CMD install and it worked for me too. :)

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

You have to run the updater in the BETA Folder, not your regular DCS installation. For me the update copied some files from the original installation of the latest stable release and then downloaded some additional files. For e.g. for FC3 about 250MB and for the MIG21 about 95MB.

All it does is launch the game, and hits the login.

DCS_updater.exe

Are you sure that is the file you meant? Really disappointed I can't use my modules. I could have kept my other games on my drive and skipped the download if I knew I wasn't able to use my modules.

All it does is launch the game, and hits the login.

DCS_updater.exe

Are you sure that is the file you meant? Really disappointed I can't use my modules. I could have kept my other games on my drive and skipped the download if I knew I wasn't able to use my modules.

Did you read this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Section - " Using DCS_Updater to Install a Specific Module:"

Third post in the thread is the "Code" List for the Modules

EDIT:

Here's a screenshot of my CMD prompt:

j9rhv4aw.png

Edited by F31!x

It works for me too Thank you very much

I7 4790k, Asus Z97 Deluxe, 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 2x SDDs Samsung 850 pro & Sandisk Extreme Pro, 1 HDD Samsung, Hotas Warthog with Sahaj' s 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Track IR 5, Wheelstand Pro, CH MFP, Logitech G13.

Can't figure it out, there is always an error. The guide also doesn't specify how to do it in the beta and only references out dated versions. Is there a place I can simply download the files? There is no reason to place it behind a CMD prompt/login wall. I guarantee the login will fail for the retail version to. Isn't Starforce and 9 limited activations enough DRM?

Can't figure it out, there is always an error. The guide also doesn't specify how to do it in the beta and only references out dated versions. Is there a place I can simply download the files? There is no reason to place it behind a CMD prompt/login wall. I guarantee the login will fail for the retail version to. Isn't Starforce and 9 limited activations enough DRM?

Run CMD

Change directory to your DCS BETA Installation "bin" folder

e.g. mine is located in H:\DCS World Beta\bin - surely you must use the path of your beta installation, wherever it is.

So you type in the CMD prompt:

H:

then

cd \DCS World Beta\bin

then you start the Updater and install the Module you want, e.g. for FC3

DCS_Updater.exe install FC3

This will start the DCS Updater and it install the seperate modules you choose from the list provided in the DCS Updater Tutorial. Just replace FC3 with someting else like A-10C etc.

argjcaxz.png

Edited by F31!x

To fix the issues copy a single module from the following folder in the retail install:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft

to the open beta location:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft

Then load the game, go to module manager. It will then exit the game and download the modules one by one.

I copied the FC3 folder, and it updated and synced them all. Upon loading the game, the login failed. I waited a few minutes before clicking the X. I then went to the module section which downloaded the modules. The game worked fine offline.

I have not tried this online, so I had no idea if there will be issues using this method when playing online. Please note you may have DCS installed on a different drive from C:\, which may have given me my issues in the first place. I also moved my install from C:\ to E:\ well over a year ago.

Open the DCS World Beta Bin File. Double click the Updater exe. It will open DCS World and log on. Click the Module Manager box at the top left and the list will appear. Hit the button and it will go through downloading all your modules into DCS Beta 1.5 without the command prompts.

I think, now we can log in and download modules without problem.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Uhm, nope.

The Albatros page still shows that the module is *not* available for beta-download. Would love to install it from the command line, but I don't know the actual module name for the Albatros.

Also, I still cannot log into module manager from with DCS 1.5.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just ran the module manager again, it appears to be downloading and installing all my modules now yay!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Uhm, nope.

The Albatros page still shows that the module is *not* available for beta-download. Would love to install it from the command line, but I don't know the actual module name for the Albatros.

Also, I still cannot log into module manager from with DCS 1.5.

For me, dcs_updater.exe install L-39 triggered the download.

Enjoy :pilotfly:

Greetings

MadCat

P.S.:

Thanks to everyone at ED and everyone else being involved (Mods and Admins), much appreciated what you do for this community every day ! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info, MadCat.

I was finally able to get into the mod manager after reading that currently password with special characters are not support. After I changed my password accordingly, everything worked...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I can also confirm that the modules are downloading now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

dcs updater messed up today

it's slow, inconsistent, crashes after 99% of file is downloaded, does not pickup where left off... just bad.. had to re-install the whole dcs sim (Win10 took a dump, went back to Win8.1)... and before I thought it had a menu that showed all the you owned, and it would just down all checked, now I have to go to each individual aircraft... weird stuff happening with dcs... :helpsmilie:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i've got problem whit my mig 21 module - i cant take control and fly my mig 21 as plyer, every time I start a mission I'm not in the cabin just shows a map. This is happening only whit mig21 module, other planes like mig 15 are fine

Just updated DCS World OpenBeta to find that my F-86F Sabre has been removed!!! Most distressed!!

I tried reinstalling via the CMD prompt but it tells me "Acess Denied"!

I downloaded again from the ED site but it will not run.

Most unhappy.

Update:

The downloaded Beta starts to run but then tells me: "Can't install F-86F 1.2.16.43180 into newer DCS World 1.5.0.46175. Please, download 1.5.0.46175 installer"

The only version I am able to download is F-86F_1.2.16.43180.9-9.

Update on the update:

SUCCESS!! I made an error in the CMD prompt. Found it and now have my beloved Sabre back in the hangar. However I am curious as to how it got ripped out in the first place?!

Please do not do that to me again. A man of my advanced years lying on the floor kicking and screaming in a tantrum is not dignified...according to my Mrs!!

Edited by BoNidle