UNABLE TO CHANGE RESOLUTION

drummer

Updated and ran P51 for trial flight, okay but wanted to change resolution.

Now on start screen all the modules along the bottom of the screen are only just visible. When I go into options and try and readjust the resolution and screen aspect back again I can do so but then there is no accept change or return to previous page button. Perhaps this is also well below the bottom of the visible screen, so is this a bug or another error that I can out right myself?

This seems to be related to display settings if set above 100%. Had mine set at 150% (recommended) and could only see top left of main menu. Windows 10 Start/Settings/System/Display/100%. Works now but text etc is way too small.

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

Thanks Beaver for the reply and suggestion.

I reduced the windows screen to 100% as suggested and restarted DCS. It all looked the same and when I went to change the DCS resolution the same thing happened. I change the resolution but there is no visible button to save or accept and the only way to progress is call up task manager and end process. Any other suggestions?

thanks Drummer

OKAY UPDATE; tried again and this time is worked and I can access the okay button and save resolution but as you say all my text is too small. Can you suggest what aspect ratio I should select?

Edited by drummer

Same here

Yes, I have the same. I will update if I am able to solve this. I m installing the newest drivers now, just in case.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Drummer, when you changed your screen to 100%, did you sign out of Windows and then back in before going back into DCS World 1.5?

Edited by Beaver McFanny

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

Sniped again. Ratio should be whatever your monitor/screen is. Mine is 16:9.

I am on 4K single screen, whenever I set resolution to 4k with aspect 16:9 it will display enlarged portion of the screen. Full HD resolution with the same aspect ratio works.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Drummer, when you changed your screen to 100%, did you sign out of Windows and then back in before going back into DCS World 1.5?

Yes beaver I did and then I could see the options in DCS , change the resolution and use the okay button But, this morning when I start the computer and run DCS beta I am back to the previous problem, even though my windows setting remain at 100% screen as set last night. So I cannot change the resolution in DCS or even exit without using task manager and ending task. I tried many combination of screen size this morning and then reverting back [signing in and out each time] but even 100% does not give me enough of DCS on screen to operate the okay button. Any suggestion?

thanks drummer

Hey man, I had a similar scare on my laptop.

First, DCS only occupied part of the screen with windows visible on the remainder, then I increased my resolution to max (native) and i couldnt see all icons and couldnt change resolution back.

I accidently pressed atl-enter (forcing fullscreen) and it 'recalibrated'.

/<User>/Saved Games/<DCS>/Config/options.lua

Under [GRAPHICS]

Change the Height and Width lines to your display's resolution

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

No still having a problem. In old DCS 1.2 I could have resolution set as 2560x 1440 and sim ran in full screen. in Dcs 1.5 I can only go to 1920x1080. If I go higher and then use the suggested left Alt and Enter command to force full then the opening screen resets into a beautiful high res screen with hi res icons but none of the icons are clickable, so once again I have to dump out and reset the height /width in options screen.

If it has any bearing the trees in 1.2 looked like real trees to me but in 1.5 they look like two pieces of card at right angles. Is this related to my resolution problem or something different do you thin? thanks for your thought on this. drummer

1135314260_1.2trees.thumb.jpg.1d12d0b43139b6aece18b48e4223e099.jpg

Screen_151006_095526.thumb.jpg.ae77836687050a8b2cb46ca68d42c5b6.jpg