Can't log in to account in game - user name has character it doens't like

I can't log in using the correct name and pass so I can't install anything in module manager.

I have a suspicion that there is some oversight in the coding for the login because my user name has an asterisk in it (Name: P*Funk) and if I re-open the login window the asterisk disappears from the auto-filled login name field as if it can't accept the character.

I'm certain its the right name and password so I can only think that it refuses to acknowledge the character that must be used in the login. I've successfully logged into the e-shop and to the older DCS multiplayer client so I know I'm not entering it wrong.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I have the same problem but with different character issues. My login is "=Mac=" and when I tried to login, it refused it. I exited, and relaunched then went to module manager. my name then was "3Mac3".

Also, when I started to explore the problem, I went to my web account and tried to change my password. Originally, it was all lowercase letters and some numbers. the website demanded that I use at least one uppercase letter. So my new password is that way: one uppercase letter, some more letters, and a couple numbers.

Still, trying to log in via the module manager with my new password, it still rejected my user name. Probably because it sees the = sign as the number 3.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Hi,

I have a long password without special character and it doesn't work either.

I have the message : Nickname or password invalid (traduced from French)

I made sure to update with command "DCS_update.exe update openbeta".

I have version 1.5.0.45208

FX-9370 4.83 GHz, 16 GB Gskill Trident X 2400 MHz, Asus ROG Crosshair V formula-Z, GTX1080FE, Corsair TX650W PSU, Rift, XL2411T 3D 144 Hz, Windows 10 Pro

I just struggled with Logging into the game on the 1.5 main screen. Did not accept my username and/or password. Finally I figured out that my password for the forums is different from the one needed to download modules on DCS main page and also Login on 1.5 main screen. My first letter of my password on the forums is not capitalized and on the DCS download page for modules and such, the first letter is capitalized. Anyway, check your passwords. Hope this helps someone.

There's still a problem causing this that lies with the FC3 module.

I was having this. After uninstalling the beta and doing a fresh install, I could log in fine. Installed the L-39, Black Shark2 and the MiG-21 and could login fine. Installed FC3 and was told my login was incorrect.

BTW prior to the fresh install I had tried every suggested fix on these forums, including the one posted above by Demon.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this issue and was going to do a full reinstall/redownload at some point but seeing this doesnt work at all or play nicely with FC3 I think wasting my limited internet speed/quota is not worth it.

Don't suppose anyone has any other ideas?