AMAZING

last1976

:thumbup:

Bravo indeed. Best patch ever, THANK YOU ED!

Also I cannot praise enough the awesomeness of new dogfight missile performance (R73 + helmet sight = orgasm every time), and the look of the smoke trails on Russian missiles, just WOW.

Man, lemme tell you, I stayed awake for 2 days straight... one waiting for 1.5 to be released, and one DL'ing it and getting it going. I slept for 12 hours, then got up, had a huge coffee and now I'm back at the computer :)

Maybe I should consider getting one of those "job" (?) things everyone talks about these days, but I've gotten pretty good at putting together dirt cheap fast gaming rigs :D

Very splendid work ED :smilewink:

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

OMG!

Thank you ED. It sooo good. And lots more FPS.

YOU HAVE ALL DONE AN EXCELLENT JOB!!!

Edited by Crash

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Yep, excellent work ED... truly superb product.

Pure FPS delight!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

GG ED

I have a low end pc, I can run it with higher settings, MUCH better graphics and, to my biggest suprise, about 30 supplementary FPS, despite the better graphics. I was afraid EDGE would be made for high end system, I'm happy to see you've focused on optimizing!

Also, the F-15 flies like a charm, so props on that too!

I have now crashed the Albatros into the ground and stripped off the landing gear of the Mig-15. The small tests I have done just confirms what everyone else says.

ED, you have done a tremendous job. DCS world is reborn! So beautiful, so responsive and so smooth!

My home cockpit will be my real home for a long time....

THANKS!!!!

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

Excellent ED!

Dear ED Staff,

im in the sim since lockon. I ve gone through a lot of tweaks, patches and bought a lot of cpu´s and gpu´s but this time, from what i´ve seen so far. You guys really done it finally. This engine rocks so hard, I m getting double fps or even more on very very nice looking screens.

Congrats you ve done such an amazing job on the engine.

Durchschuss

Ditto !!

It was worth waiting for!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Tooooo good!... hurry up and make it perfect :D

I've got a bit of a problem with 1.5...

Many features are not yet working as they do in the release version and the scripting engine is a bit broken. This means I can't fly my favourite missions or do some of my favourite things as I can in the previous version.

Thing is tho, its too good!. Graphics are beautiful and the sensation of flight is stunning.

I'm missing many of the features of the previous release but I just can't go back after seeing 1.5. I think I'm in some kind of DCS limbo :huh:

Anyway, can't wait till some of the bugs get ironed out... its shaping up to be a masterpiece :thumbup:

I also noticed the cockpit glass actually now looks like a glass with internal reflections and shading. Soo cool. It actually now looks like you are seeing through glass. Great job ED.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

It's a bit good :)

They want ANOTHER $199 for Prepar3d V3??? Think I'll pass and buy the few remaining modules I don't have for DCS with the money thanks.

Don't worry people would buy it anyway...personally i'm not!!!

the future of simulations is ED

I just wish they have an NGX though ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog