[1.5 Open Beta] Thrust turns red when Zoom bound to Slider 1

Lawlcat

lkzhAU3.jpg

As above! When I have Zoom View bound to "JOY_SLIDER1" on my Thrustmaster Warthog at the same time as I have something bound to "Thrust", after restarting DCS, "Thrust" turns red and is INOP. It does not function at all.

If I unbind Zoom View and leave it empty, Thrust turns normal again and I can use throttle. If I bind Zoom View instead to JOY_RZ and leave Thrust as Joy_Z, the problem does NOT occur. It only seems to happen if Zoom View is bound to "JOY_SLIDER1"

Fresh 1.5 Open Beta install, I have deleted and allowed the program to recreate the input profile. No modifications to the default.lua files

• Like 1

This is huge and needs a fix ASAP plz!

I can not bind the Flaps up and down in my hotas. Also flaps key's are only for two positions... Mig has three. (retract, T/O, landing).

Also Thrust is not working! I had my old config for mig-21 and paste it in to beta. Thrust was highlighted red and did not respond at all. I made a new one from scratch and was working only until i restart the game. Made a couple tests more and it is a bug. You make a new profile everything is working fine, you restart the game and boom no thrust for u..

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Ok i found a fix for now. for the thrust. While in game go to the axis and under ur joystick axis check "default" the thrust text will still be red lined but the axis will turn blue and will work in flight.

• Like 1

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I have this too, I do use slider1 as a zoom control. Hope they get a permanent fix for this soon.

Meanwhile.....great find bad habit and thanks for sharing it. Have some rep mate.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I did that copy of Input folder, and get several red commands highlight in red, e.g. flaps, landing gear.

Clear assignment (in some case I clear the category and assign default) initially don't solve, as the key assigned - even the default don't work.

But after several trials an game re-start the issue solve be yourself - I think after I open the keyboard map with Notepad++, maybe the Windows UAC was preventing changes... :)

Anyway, set the game shortcut as "Run as administrator".

BTW - This problem affect only Mig-21 controls, for other modules the copy don't cause issues.

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

This is huge and needs a fix ASAP plz!

I can not bind the Flaps up and down in my hotas. Also flaps key's are only for two positions... Mig has three. (retract, T/O, landing).

Also Thrust is not working! I had my old config for mig-21 and paste it in to beta. Thrust was highlighted red and did not respond at all. I made a new one from scratch and was working only until i restart the game. Made a couple tests more and it is a bug. You make a new profile everything is working fine, you restart the game and boom no thrust for u..

I am also encountering the problem with the flaps. Specifically, it seems to want to bind the keys for the flaps only to an axis on my X52 pro.... Any ideas how to fix this in Dcs since the saitek programming software is still a pain to deal with in Windows 10?

lkzhAU3.jpg

As above! When I have Zoom View bound to "JOY_SLIDER1" on my Thrustmaster Warthog at the same time as I have something bound to "Thrust", after restarting DCS, "Thrust" turns red and is INOP. It does not function at all.

If I unbind Zoom View and leave it empty, Thrust turns normal again and I can use throttle. If I bind Zoom View instead to JOY_RZ and leave Thrust as Joy_Z, the problem does NOT occur. It only seems to happen if Zoom View is bound to "JOY_SLIDER1"

Fresh 1.5 Open Beta install, I have deleted and allowed the program to recreate the input profile. No modifications to the default.lua files

Exact same problem for me using X-52 hotas. But with JOY_SLIDER1 set to my TDC Range instead. My brother also has this issue with his HOTAS Warthog.

Running as administrator did not work for me using an x52pro. I have also tried deleting my mig-21Bis config folder which fixes it until the next time i run the game after mapping the thrust axes. I am using the steam version if that helps.

update: I reinstalled the 1.5 beta and it seems to be fixed.

Edited by cardboard_man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I have an X55 Hotas and Joystick. My Thrust quit working after loading up DCS today. Its red in the control key binding screen. I have rebooted, ran DCS as admin and it still will not work. WTH

1) Is it with the MiG-21 only or with other modules?

2) Did you try deleting your whole Input Control folder for the MiG-21, starting DCS and re-mapping everything from scratch? (on top of my head it's located in your C:\Users\WhateverUserNameYouHave\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\MiG-21bis )

3) If you have no idea about what I'm talking about I can hop on TS tonight and help you out

Edited by Charly_Owl

Chuck, I am using the non beta version. I started DCS up this afternoon after applying some mods thru JGSME (the new textures DLC map for Georgia) and some old mods I had for the Sabre. I started up, jumped in Robs server and no thrust. It just happened out of the blue. I tried playing BOS and HOTAS worked fine. I checked my key bindings and sure enough thrust is red. I tried rekeying and no change