Anyone want to report a bit on the updated FM?

As the title says.

I'm very excited about this but I'm 10000 km away from my pc and will be so for an additional month.

I would very much like to hear how the FM now handles high altitude transonic speeds regarding maneuvers and asymmetrical loadout while maneuvering.

And also if there is any difference in how CAS behaves in pitch in low speed, high AoA conditions.

Does it still have full authority or has was out been introduced.

Thanks in advance to whom this might have an interest. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

It's a completely different plane. I've been to 40000 ft ~ Mach 1 and the handling is carefree. Only thing you need to worry about is airspeed.

The thrust feels lower though, I have not measured, but I think the F-15 lost some degree/sec across the board.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

To the tune 0.2deg/s or less :)

You can also be running around at M1.8 with 2 bags without emptying your fuel tank.

The thrust feels lower though, I have not measured, but I think the F-15 lost some degree/sec across the board.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I noticed a few things:

Airplane shaking while waiting on runway after taxiing

New cool shaking effect, but the wings are always stiff and not vibrating as they should, pylons are still rigid aswell

The airbrake closes itself at stall speed, and then reextend when the speed is higher

New colision lights ctrl + alt + L , very cool

Handling is very good overall, love the sensation

I have the feeling that the NWS has been changed aswell

What it still needs

HMCS

More radar option like zoom to dissociate groups of flights

Pylons and wing shaking, vibrating, bending

And it will be perfect I think, even better if they do a full clickable one

Edited by Neon67

The airbrake closes itself at stall speed, and then reextend when the speed is higher

No change here. It closes at 25.5CPU, re-opens below. Nothing to do with speed.

I have the feeling that the NWS has been changed aswell

Yes, it now has correct authority.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No change here. It closes at 25.5CPU, re-opens below. Nothing to do with speed.

Oh my bad, I never paid attention to that before. I just think you still need to be aware of that during flight manoevers cause it could also kill you

One thing I have noticed is bunting over to pick up speed in the flight levels takes more time. and return climb back up also takes a bit more time.

In the FL's it also seems the control surfaces have some weird reactions. but it could just be my controls at a moment. I've seen some wild uncommanded jerks of a few degrees. How ever with that they did not affect the flight.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

You can also be running around at M1.8 with 2 bags without emptying your fuel tank.

Indeed

Accel 1.5

F-15 2-6-2 ~90?%

500 - 0

600 - 19

650 - 35

700 - 1:01

750 - 1:33

800 - 2:07

Accel 1.2.16

F-15 2-6-2 78%

500 - 0

600 - 21

650 - 41

700 - 1:22

750 - 2:33

800 - 5:02

Plane 9M-120C-wingtanks internal fuel%

Time to TAS knots at 30000 ft

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

As the title says.

I'm very excited about this but I'm 10000 km away from my pc and will be so for an additional month.

I would very much like to hear how the FM now handles high altitude transonic speeds regarding maneuvers and asymmetrical loadout while maneuvering.

And also if there is any difference in how CAS behaves in pitch in low speed, high AoA conditions.

Does it still have full authority or has was out been introduced.

Thanks in advance to whom this might have an interest. :)

Haha! Was that it? :)

haha there's a whole lot more :p

The FM updates are a HUGE improvement. The notorious roll off at high altitudes seems to be fixed. Turns are coordinated at high altitudes now and you can really muscle the aircraft around without departing into a death spiral or instantaneously bleeding all your airspeed off. The aircraft is now stable beyond 30 CPU AOA. Without being specific, I have a few minor concern areas but I don't want to start a witch hunt without proof.

In summary, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with the FM update. It's a whole new jet.

I was flying on the North American VA server last night which had wind enabled. It appears YAW CAS still doesn't limit uncommanded side slip due to wind. Attempts at countering the slip were ineffective and required almost full opposite rudder. That would mean I am applying over 100lbs of force to the rudder pedal! Resetting the CAS channels also had no effect. Can anyone else confirm the F-15's behavior with wind present?

Edited by SinusoidDelta
Spelling/formatting errors

Seems to be working fine. The ball is centered, so there's no actual slip.

Slipping is in relation to the airmass (yaw/beta angle). In the case of wind, your 'slip' is with respect to the ground, but not the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems to be working fine. The ball is centered, so there's no actual slip.

Slipping is in relation to the airmass (yaw/beta angle). In the case of wind, your 'slip' is with respect to the ground, but not the air.

Shouldn't the HUD symbols and the HDI match?

From the -1:

The velocity vector displays the instantaneous flight path with respect to earth coordinates. It is a small airplane symbol and the wings of the symbol always remain parallel to the wings of the aircraft. The vertical between the aircraft symbol (when displayed) relationship and the velocity vector indicates true angle of attack. from HUD displacement Velocity vector azimuth centerline indicates that drift (or a crab angle is present. The vector symbol is limited to 8.5 radius of motion centered on the HUD FOV. The symbol flashes when it reaches its limit.

Good question, I'll try to find out. I don't know if the ADI is supposed to display ground track deviation due to wind. The HSI would probably show you deviating from your ground track though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good question, I'll try to find out. I don't know if the ADI is supposed to display ground track deviation due to wind. The HSI would probably show you deviating from your ground track though.

The ADI ball does not have any Inertial or Air Data input that would be required to take into account Air Mass changes. The ADI ball is straight out mechanical thing Slip Skid physics .... nothing to do with airmass

Coming down final with crosswind for instance in balanced flight will see the ADI skid ball centered with the Velocity vector displaced downwind from the HUD centreline.

If you put in a large amount of rudder then the Velocity vector will show a combined output taking into account Wind and pilot induced Slip/Skid.