Anyone want to report a bit on the updated FM?

Anyone willing to post a video of the following:

You (in an F-15C) vs. a SU27 (with AI set to Excellent), guns only, with a neutral start head to head, no stores or external tanks. This scenario was a win for me literally every time out in the Eagle (unrealistic, I know). Now, with the new 1.5 open beta FM updates... it's a 'cat's game' nearly every time, with me just running out of gas.

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Anyone willing to post a video of the following:

You (in an F-15C) vs. a SU27 (with AI set to Excellent), guns only, with a neutral start head to head, no stores or external tanks. This scenario was a win for me literally every time out in the Eagle (unrealistic, I know). Now, with the new 1.5 open beta FM updates... it's a 'cat's game' nearly every time, with me just running out of gas.

If somebody does do this, be sure to change the fuel state on the Flanker. It's definitely not going to be entering the fight with a full tank.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just measured the turn rates for new flight model compared to the old one and there's about 1.5 to 2 deg/s loss in sustained turn rates compared to 1.2.16.

F-15C, Sea level, 100% gun, 100% fuel, 4xAIM-9M

Thick line is 1.5, dashed line is 1.2.16

Pzr6Flq.png

paras jatkuva kaartonopeus = best sustained turn rate

kulmanopeus = corner speed

pienin kaartosäde = smallest turn radius

nopeus = speed

kaartonopeus = turn rate

• Like 1

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Nice. You gather that through TAC View or something?

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Data is gathered with a lua script and then plotted in Excel. Each datapoint represents a 5 second average of turn rate measured from change of direction of velocity vector and any non-sustained non-level turns are automatically discarded. I can share my script if anyone wants to validate my data or make more measurements.

I checked my data against TO-1F-15A-1 data and it's seems slightly worse than F-15 with F-100 PW-100. It's hard to judge as my configuration isn't identical to any of the configurations in the -1. Going with the gross weight alone you would expect about 16 deg/s for my configurations gross weight at 0.75M. But my configuration (44430 lbs) has less drag, 20C temp and -220 engines compared to the similarly heavy configurations in the -1 but I can't figure out how much difference that makes.

Edited by Bushmanni
  • Like 1

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron