Important note regarding mission compatibility

Grimes

Missions made in 1.5 ARE NOT compatible in 1.2.16.

You can load a mission from 1.2.16 into 1.5, but the moment you save it, it WILL NOT be compatible to open it up on 1.2.16 due to mission file changes.

Just a friendly reminder to make a back-up copy of your mission if you want to work with it in 1.5.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

MP missions from the previous build don't seem to be compatible with 1.5 either. Triggers are not working. Grimes, are you aware of any problems with slmod with the 1.5 beta?

prev mist does not work in 1.5

structure has been changed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

MP missions from the previous build don't seem to be compatible with 1.5 either. Triggers are not working. Grimes, are you aware of any problems with slmod with the 1.5 beta?

Investigate and isolate the trigger types that aren't working.

Don't use slmod or servman. Both are completely untested and I'm not touching slmod until a little down the road once MP issues start getting ironed out.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

RespawnInZone is not working.

The message stuff also doesn't work. I get ~20 copies of it...

I cut out this lump, my respawn script is a highly repetitive and basically does similar checks for the air and ground groups.

miz is attached if you need it for any reason. Works in 1.2.16

if not Group.getByName('Targets - AA Modern Drone 1') and not Group.getByName('Targets - AA Modern Drone 2') then
	local msg = {}
	msg.text = "Respawning AA Modern Drones."
	msg.displayTime = 4
	msg.msgFor = {coa = {'all'}}
	mist.message.add(msg)

mist.respawnGroup('Targets - AA Modern Drone 1', true)
	local con = Group.getByName('Targets - AA Modern Drone 1'):getController()
	con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.ROE, AI.Option.Air.val.ROE.WEAPON_HOLD)
               con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.RADAR_USING, AI.Option.Air.val.RADAR_USING.NEVER)
               con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.SILENCE, true)
               con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.REACTION_ON_THREAT, AI.Option.Air.val.REACTION_ON_THREAT.EVADE_FIRE)

mist.respawnGroup('Targets - AA Modern Drone 2', true)
	local con = Group.getByName('Targets - AA Modern Drone 2'):getController()
	con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.ROE, AI.Option.Air.val.ROE.WEAPON_HOLD)
               con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.RADAR_USING, AI.Option.Air.val.RADAR_USING.NEVER)
               con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.SILENCE, true)
               con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.REACTION_ON_THREAT, AI.Option.Air.val.REACTION_ON_THREAT.EVADE_FIRE)
end

Free Flight Practice.miz

I cannot load any old missions, even missions without MIST. I tried resaving them, no dice.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Gavagai,

Open your .miz, open the triggers menu, and inspect the "initialization script" boxes.

In my EFAE campaign, the new ME interpreted the blank fields in my old .miz files as empty fields but still active. As a result, the mission would hang at the loading screen trying to run code that didn't exist.

Click "reset" next to initialization script and resave and you should be good to go!

• Like 1

Thanks, that did the trick!

Cool, even the missions with the flak script still work!

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 3 weeks later...
Missions made in 1.5 ARE NOT compatible in 1.2.16.

You can load a mission from 1.2.16 into 1.5, but the moment you save it, it WILL NOT be compatible to open it up on 1.2.16 due to mission file changes.

Just a friendly reminder to make a back-up copy of your mission if you want to work with it in 1.5.

In 1.5 it is possible that if we use "save" will destroy the sound files?....but I notice if I use "save as..." overwriting existing file...works perfect!!!...can you clarify that for me please

Thanks

Peter

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

• 3 weeks later...
In 1.5 it is possible that if we use "save" will destroy the sound files?....but I notice if I use "save as..." overwriting existing file...works perfect!!!...can you clarify that for me please

Thanks

Peter

There is a big problem there i wasnt able to reproduce it 100% but somtimes when i click save the MIZ file goes down to 0kb or 103 kb some very small stuff. Of course the file is broken. i was able to reproduce this error many many time but its not like click this make this open this. i can get this bug with so many different actions i cant find a structure there. Im amazed this problem is not more present here in the forums.

im just doing backups after every action i do in the ME. The only way not to loose sanity at the moment in 1.5 editor

SFMBE

• ED Team
Using the A10-C mod in V1.5.1 47025 I am trying to play the Georgian Hammer campaign.

Should that work?

I am experiencing CTDs while playing the 2nd mission.

Tnx,

Hek

If you are experiencing crashes please make a new thread here with as much information as possible.

A guide is in my signature. thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2