[1.5 Beta] Brake axis not working

King_Hrothgar

Title says it all, I previously had my brake axis assigned to both left and right toe brakes on my CH pedals, but they no longer work for the MiG-21. They still work fine for all other modules, including those with the same style braking system (MiG-15, Ka-50...). I checked controls and they are properly assigned and respond in the axis configuration. They just don't do anything in the actual plane.

Edit: Issue resolved itself without further input from me after playing with some other aircraft. But I've also had my stick randomly stop working in MP at the start of a new mission, It would then start working again upon disconnecting and reconnecting (no client restart).

Edited by King_Hrothgar

It works after rebind... at least for me. But my left pedal that I use in 1.2.16 I cannot set in 1.5... I had to set the left one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Brake axis is not working properly for me too. I have it set up to the CH throttle mini joystick :D. Sometimes if I fiddle with the setup it starts working, but stops again after mission restart. It was working fine before.

The workaround I found is to bind the brake to additional axis, on the stick (so I have the brakes bound to two axis - not ideal). After I move the second axis, the first one starts working too.

In the real plane, it's a hand lever similar to a bicycle or motorcycle's front brake. The harder you squeeze, the harder the brake pads grip. So yes, it's an axis. For me the problem sort of went away. What I've found is if I push the right toe brake, then the left and then the right again, both toe brakes will activate the MiG-21's brakes. But the first couple presses won't do anything. Very strange.

In the real plane, it's a hand lever similar to a bicycle or motorcycle's front brake. The harder you squeeze, the harder the brake pads grip. So yes, it's an axis. For me the problem sort of went away. What I've found is if I push the right toe brake, then the left and then the right again, both toe brakes will activate the MiG-21's brakes. But the first couple presses won't do anything. Very strange.

So you have 2 axes assigned to the wheel brake? Hrm, what should DCS/Mig do if one axis says 100% and the other 0%? (i.e. I am not surprised that some syncing issues arise in this case)

So you have 2 axes assigned to the wheel brake? Hrm, what should DCS/Mig do if one axis says 100% and the other 0%? (i.e. I am not surprised that some syncing issues arise in this case)

You're right, wierd things can hapen when two axes try to do the same thing. I would only use my second axis once, to activate the main one.

Anyway, my "solution" caused my throttle to stop working because of another bug (thrust turns red and can't be bound). Back to square one...

For me the first press of the pedal does nothing but the sound sometimes but after the second push it starts working... mostly without sound.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I don't think so. Also, still has problems with the chute release air supply that is consumed after first second in fact) press of brake axis. The only thing fixed was the typos in default.lua from keyboard settings so the game will not crash doe to RSBN channel changing.

The change log doesn't say anything about Mig21...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2512282&postcount=7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After the last update I test with two different controllers and Mig-21 wheel brakes work OK with axis.

Just don't try assign two axis like people above use - no toe brakes there.

Does not work for me. Single axis :D, CH pro throttle.

The same setup works fine in 1.2 MiG-21, and with L-39 in 1.5.

Make sure you can go with the brake to maximum. Edit the axis if necessary. After a first press to maximum it will work but... you will lose air and eventually your brake chute will not open... prepare for long landing run and emergency braking if necesary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make sure you can go with the brake to maximum. Edit the axis if necessary. After a first press to maximum it will work but... you will lose air and eventually your brake chute will not open... prepare for long landing run and emergency braking if necesary

It still doesn't work :(. I tried to tune the axis, and it goes all the way to the maximum, but the in the cockpit it doesn't move at all.

It seems we must wait for a patch to get it working back to where it was... maybe even better... cough cough... differential braking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know... but our DCS Mig21 has it... ruined? for playability... Mig15 and L39 have them correctly but our beloved Mig21 still has "game" features forced in sim mode...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me the brake axis starts working only after pushing the axis controller (right toe brake) to its limit.

Same here. It also leads to the air leak problem which prevents the chute from working.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is how my brake axis is set up. The same setup works in 1.2, a slightly modified works with Albatros (1.5 beta). It also worked intermittently with MiG-21 in beta before one of the hotfix, can't remember which one.

edit: I'm pulling my axis almost to the breaking point :) so i'm pretty sure it goes all the way to the limit. It's not slider axis, thus the strange looking curve.

UgSJfNa.jpg

Edited by grunf