Any Freetrack user out there ?

Also, you may want to try OpenTrack. Unlike FreeTrack (dead) and FaceTrackNoIR (no updates), the development is still very active and the new Accela filter is very good. (I went from Freetrack to FTNoIR to stick to OT myself)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Freetrack 2.2 and wiimote disconect randomly past few minutes in 1.5 8(

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k 4.4GHz | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero |HD: Samsung 840 Evo SSD 500 GB| GPU: GTX 760 2GB | RAM: G skill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 16GB| OS: Windows 10 PRO

Also, you may want to try OpenTrack. Unlike FreeTrack (dead) and FaceTrackNoIR (no updates), the development is still very active and the new Accela filter is very good. (I went from Freetrack to FTNoIR to stick to OT myself)

This Opentrack is hard to use. I tried tweaking but result very bad, can't be used. I'll stick to FT :).

I would like to know which Bluetooth stack you guys are using ?

Thanks

toshiba bluetooth stack.

Freetrack 2.2 and wiimote

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k 4.4GHz | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero |HD: Samsung 840 Evo SSD 500 GB| GPU: GTX 760 2GB | RAM: G skill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 16GB| OS: Windows 10 PRO

I will take advantage of this post to ask a question. I have a pseye cam with ir filter removed, and a 3 point cap, both working. But the freetrack 2.2 and the FTNIR, they do dont work. At the time i press Start, it crash.

So i heard that there is a fix for pseye cam, but I have been unable to find it. Anyone know where I can find?

Thanks.

I will take advantage of this post to ask a question. I have a pseye cam with ir filter removed, and a 3 point cap, both working. But the freetrack 2.2 and the FTNIR, they do dont work. At the time i press Start, it crash.

So i heard that there is a fix for pseye cam, but I have been unable to find it. Anyone know where I can find?

Thanks.

If FreeTrack is crashing when you press start, try these things:

1. Run FreeTrack as an administrator

2. Click Stream button. In popup, click Apply then Ok.

3. Now click start

I made some experiences with FaceTrackNoIR and Freetrack.

Facetrack looses track under weak lighting while moving fast. Also it jitters around so I lost about 3 planes :music_whistling:

Freetrack I didn't brought to run.

Meanwhile - trying different cameras - I've ended with a PS3 EyeCam (7 Euro at eBay + 2,99 Dollars for the driver).

I use FaceTrackNoIR 1.7

Settings:

as TrackerSource PointTracker 1.0

as Game protocol FreeTrack 2.0

Today I nailed a Clip of Hard Foam with 3 3mm-IR-LEDs and put it on the frame of my "Gaming Glasses" :)

The LEDs in series with a 16 Ohm resistor, fired with 5 Volts. (right now from a mains-adapter, later out of USB)

Now it works fine. If I add some kind of diffusor to the LEDs (right now no idea what to use for - some kind of translucent balls) it should work perfect.

Right now it looses track if I turn (yaw and pitch) too far. This is caused by relatively small emitting angel of LEDs.

I have still to make some tuning with filters, curves and other Settings. Time will come :)

Now I have TrackIR what I spent 15 Euros overall for. Think I will Support FT-Team. :)

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

I made some experiences with FaceTrackNoIR and Freetrack.

Facetrack looses track under weak lighting while moving fast. Also it jitters around so I lost about 3 planes :music_whistling:

Freetrack I didn't brought to run.

Meanwhile - trying different cameras - I've ended with a PS3 EyeCam (7 Euro at eBay + 2,99 Dollars for the driver).

I use FaceTrackNoIR 1.7

Settings:

as TrackerSource PointTracker 1.0

as Game protocol FreeTrack 2.0

Today I nailed a Clip of Hard Foam with 3 3mm-IR-LEDs and put it on the frame of my "Gaming Glasses" :)

The LEDs in series with a 16 Ohm resistor, fired with 5 Volts. (right now from a mains-adapter, later out of USB)

Now it works fine. If I add some kind of diffusor to the LEDs (right now no idea what to use for - some kind of translucent balls) it should work perfect.

Right now it looses track if I turn (yaw and pitch) too far. This is caused by relatively small emitting angel of LEDs.

I have still to make some tuning with filters, curves and other Settings. Time will come :)

Now I have TrackIR what I spent 15 Euros overall for. Think I will Support FT-Team. :)

Scotch tape over the LEDs works really well for a cheap diffusing solution.

rgr. Will try this.

One BIG drawback came with IR-Clip: A hot tip of a cigar is recognized as a 4th point.

4 points = BAD. :cry_2:

Edit: After the trick with Scotch Tape doesn't work really good, I took some fine grinding paper and roughen the surface of LEDs.

Now I can yaw my head almost 80 deg (there is no monitor at all) in both directions without loosing track.

Second Edit: Sent a small donation to Wim (Dev. of FTNIR)

1890561402_20151009IR_Clip.thumb.jpg.74abdebcfb9ee1e05239231a8bfac746.jpg

Edited by Tekkx

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

I've got the brandnew FTNIR 1.8 alpha today. Many THX to Wim and friends :cheer3nc:

I haven't had assumed that there will be some headroom for improvement: This is a great masterpiece of some Software.

A pitty, I already told I love it. So I can't augment my commendation ;)

@Symphony: Do you use ATI? Read "Known Issues" of FTNIR

Edited by Tekkx

• 5 weeks later...

I tried everything but Freetrack doesn't work in DCS 1.5.

Freetrack noIR works but it doesn't support one ponit tracking.

Can anyone summarize for me what do I exactly need to do to make Freetrack work in DCS??

(Assuming I have clean install of DCS 1.5 for example and properly working tracking device.)

Please help!

Herllo ZuluBravo. This is AlfaFoxtrott :)

Have you copied headtracker.dll into (install drive)/DCS World/bin/ ?

Ah. Damned. I confused Freetrack with FaceTrack... My fault.

My attempts with Freetrack aren't successful.

So I concentrate my forces to Facetrack (as I wrote earlier in this Thread).

Edited by Tekkx

I also use Opentrack 2.3 rc18 on 1.5. Added a bit of smoothing to the axes, and I am very pleased with it..

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

• 1 month later...

I'm using Freetrack, with a 3 point tracking headset, with DCS 2.0. Copied over the files from this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114706 into

Program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/bin

but I'm having no luck.

I tried OpenTrack and it worked without any modification however the tracking didn't work as well as Freetrack has worked for me in the past.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119