"Up states" for controls and switches.

Runibl

Really would love to have the possibility to set "up states", for controls and switches, as a built in GUI feature.

This is something I have longed for a long time, and I believe, has been requested before.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Fourth

Intel i5 4690k

MSI GTX 970 4g gaming edition

Asus Z97k Mobo

8Gb Corsair vengeance 1866mhz

120GB Samsung 840 evo

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint hdd

Windows 10

4 channel surround

Hotas Cougar w/ 120mm machined steel extension and elite rudder pedals

DIY collective via bu0836x plus some random buttons and knobs

Cougar MFDs

Running 1920*2104 over 3 screens

I don't mind fiddling a bit with the lua but what i really want is upstates/value_up for Flaming Cliffs...

All modules I can now use the 2 and 3 way switches on my warthog throttle but flamings cliffs planes and the SU-25T because of lack of clickable cockpit.lua I still have to use the bleeding keyboard for most options...

Hey Kingpinda, you can get to the controls for the Flaming Cliffs planes in the base_joystick_binding.lua in dcs/config/input/aircrafts.

I've attached my own modified version, which features several additional control bindings under "systems" with the prefix "feefi" so they are all easily located.

Among them are working three way flaps for the Su-25T and , a working airbrake for the F-15 (can partially open/close by returning the switch to neutral position) and working two-way toggles for nav lights, ECM, electric power, and cockpit illumination. It should also be noted that this won't bork your existing bindings/curves as it adds commands to the base DCS configuration file, not the .diff.lua files that contain your individual bindings.

Verified working in 1.5, hope this helps!

base_joystick_binding.lua

• Like 2

Hey Kingpinda, you can get to the controls for the Flaming Cliffs planes in the base_joystick_binding.lua in dcs/config/input/aircrafts.

I've attached my own modified version, which features several additional control bindings under "systems" with the prefix "feefi" so they are all easily located.

Among them are working three way flaps for the Su-25T and , a working airbrake for the F-15 (can partially open/close by returning the switch to neutral position) and working two-way toggles for nav lights, ECM, electric power, and cockpit illumination. It should also be noted that this won't bork your existing bindings/curves as it adds commands to the base DCS configuration file, not the .diff.lua files that contain your individual bindings.

Verified working in 1.5, hope this helps!

At first I thought meh... Icommands... they don't sync properly when you make a two way toggle go on when pressed and off when released.

But then I saw your logic by toggling the flaps when switch is set to neutral! so it can be used with a threeway switch!

extend flaps: down=flaps on, up=flaps toggle.

retract flaps: down=flaps off, up=flaps toggle.

hadn't thought of that! thanks!

The electric system and illumination trick I used to implore with the ka-50 also untill I figured out how to use down=3004, value_down=1.0 and somesuch.

The icommand on and off doesnt sync nicely but for power systems this doesnt matter. You don't need to know in what position the switch is ofcours. if the ecm is off and you need it on you just flick to the opposite position.

Does the f15 trick for the airbrake work for the su25-t as well? I tried to get it to work but it only wants to extend fully or close fully.

Thanks for this lua though. going to fly the heck out of the Su-25T now :) haven't flown these planes much because half of my throttle was unusable.

Afraid not, the F-15C is the only plane I've tried that the airbrake will partially open/close on. I can't remember whether I've tried in the A-10A; usually when I'm hoggin' I'm flying the Charlie.

EDIT: Oh hey, I think I remember you from the other Warthog toggles thread! :lol:

Edited by feefifofum

It'd be nice to have a 'momentary' or 'toggle' option for the various controls where applicable, much like the "Add Modifier" option we have now. So that the sim detects a control state and not just a control change.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It'd be nice to have a 'momentary' or 'toggle' option for the various controls where applicable, much like the "Add Modifier" option we have now. So that the sim detects a control state and not just a control change.

This!

I had the exact same thought some days ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, very much for it. Modifying the lua files is a usable workaround, but it a proper UI integration would be very much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I concur.....even though the M2000 is still in Beta and we are Lua hacking that as we speak......its not playing nice at all. this should be a no brainer for every sim. (can you say FSUIPC)

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

• 2 years later...