AMD CrossFireX Problems

Loz

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Beta drivers as well. Tried forcing AFR and 1x1 as well as other DX11 profiles like pCars with no change.

The thing I noticed that the stuttering increases during the training missions compared to regular or quick missions.

Interesting. Thanks for the testing and info. After what you described I've just tried it with the A-10C 'Landing' mission but I'd have also switched to the NFS11.exe profile in CCC and I could swear it appears a bit smoother than the A-10C instant action Georgia spring mission which was running on the Crysis2 profile (its the only one that works for me in Elite Dangerous so I start there when testing). Would you mind testing this profile if you get the time and letting us know how you get on? Cheers.

~S

Asus ati 6990

crossfire=zero points

Can you be more specific as telling us zero points doesn't help us figure this out and help you get it running. Have you tried Alt+Enter to enable Crossfire, what is your driver, win OS etc?

MSI Gaming 9 ACK, Intel 4790k 4.4ghz, AMD 295x2 GPU, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz, DCS on Samsung 840pro SSD. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I have try all with the Game options and the Crossfire is not in use.

Then I tried with a new profile via Catalyst with crossfire on and also not crossfire in use.

The only work for me is LAlt+Enter, BUT if I use LAlt+Tab to see another app then the Crossfire is down again.

Confirmed some Stuttering when Crossfire is used

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crossfire work fine for me,

Default Profile, Frame Pacing on,

I also use the FRTC to lock GPU Frame Rate to 60 FPS regardless of VSYNC Settings.

I run 15.7.1 at the moment (had to roll back due to conflict w/ other programs)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have try all with the Game options and the Crossfire is not in use.

Then I tried with a new profile via Catalyst with crossfire on and also not crossfire in use.

The only work for me is LAlt+Enter, BUT if I use LAlt+Tab to see another app then the Crossfire is down again.

That is normal behaviour for Crossfire. After Alt tabbing (which disables Crossfire) Alt+Enter again to re-enable Crossfire when back in DCS.

I also use the FRTC to lock GPU Frame Rate to 60 FPS regardless of VSYNC Settings.

Do you get stuttering on the 15.7.1 drivers with Win 7?

Just a tiny tip for others. When enabling Crossfire with Alt+Enter do it in the main menu or else every mission you start you will have to do it each time. If you do it in the main menu for some reason DCS remembers the settings.

Edited by Juris

MSI Gaming 9 ACK, Intel 4790k 4.4ghz, AMD 295x2 GPU, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz, DCS on Samsung 840pro SSD. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

What about Multiplayer?

Any difference between the MP shortcut and the in-game MP entry??

SP and MP Both use DCS.EXE

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Not at my computer right now, but in another thread someone stated that the vram usage was quite high. Maybe the sim thinks we have double the available vram than we can actually use, causing a lot of caching and stuttering?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Interesting. Thanks for the testing and info. After what you described I've just tried it with the A-10C 'Landing' mission but I'd have also switched to the NFS11.exe profile in CCC and I could swear it appears a bit smoother than the A-10C instant action Georgia spring mission which was running on the Crysis2 profile (its the only one that works for me in Elite Dangerous so I start there when testing). Would you mind testing this profile if you get the time and letting us know how you get on? Cheers.

Can you be more specific as telling us zero points doesn't help us figure this out and help you get it running. Have you tried Alt+Enter to enable Crossfire, what is your driver, win OS etc?

Just tried the NFS11 profile and I find it does reduce the stutter a lot. Almost playable now. Still a hitch eVery 8-10 seconds now compared to before. I'm cautiously optimistic with this progress.

Also check my vram, stays right around 2100 out of 4gb so that isn't the issue.

Spoke too soon, stutter is back, I think I'm onto something....

..... Nope rats. My sound card crashed when I got the smoother gameplay, so I disabled it and didn't get the same results. Now when I run the NFS11 profile it stutter just as much as the default. I got one session where it was smooth, maybe related to sound, but I don't want to physically remove my soundcard and is drivers to see.

Back to square one.

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Just tried the NFS11 profile and I find it does reduce the stutter a lot. Almost playable now. Still a hitch eVery 8-10 seconds now compared to before. I'm cautiously optimistic with this progress.

Also check my vram, stays right around 2100 out of 4gb so that isn't the issue.

Spoke too soon, stutter is back, I think I'm onto something....

..... Nope rats. My sound card crashed when I got the smoother gameplay, so I disabled it and didn't get the same results. Now when I run the NFS11 profile it stutter just as much as the default. I got one session where it was smooth, maybe related to sound, but I don't want to physically remove my soundcard and is drivers to see.

Back to square one.

Thats really weird you say that. I was under some time pressure when I was testing the NFS11 profile on the A-10 landing training mission so I haven't been able to replay things. Something weird happened when I spotted the smooth gameplay using this profile.

When I went into the mission the music from the main menu (I had it set to the FC3 theme) was still playing over the mission in the background when it obviously should have stopped playing. I could still hear the in game sounds just with the added main menu tune. Could this be a threading issue regards the CPU interfering with Crossfire?

I know the theme music during training missions is a confirmed bug that was reported earlier

If its a bug that stops the Crossifre stuttering somebody please stop the devs fixing it. Or at least just make them replace it with the Top Gun theme tune. :)

I haven't been able to get crossfire working in windows 10 with 2x r9 290's. Tried most of the stuff suggested in the thread and nothing has gotten the second card to be used. I'm sure there will eventually be a profile since dual gpu is a big point of interest for DCS:W 2.0 .

Crossfire doesn't work

Hi I can't get my second GPU running and I also can't get it to play in full screen even if I've select full screen in the settings.

I have AMG R9 295x2 the game run at 45 FPS in 4K but with one GPU running, I try to lower my resolution but I can't get it to full screen

Thank you

It should be a driver issue. We need an optimized driv

Could well be, don't know for sure BUT I tell you what we could do with!!

Someone from ED to make it plain what we need to do to get 1.5 working with Crossfire!!

What's the use of having a Bug and Problems forum if nobody from ED replies in them.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

LAlt works for me too but don't count out RAlt + Enter, as some have got it to work with that combo. Could be a motherboard, GPU or Windows version thing.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

I've just tried setting FRTC to 60 (took me a google search to find that it was a recent addition to the Performance section of CCC) and tested it out in one of the A-10C training missions (where the stutter with Xfire is absolutely dire) to no effect.

All other settings and driver as SkateZilla's above.

Still trying to get to the cause of this :book: