AMD CrossFireX Problems

Loz

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant find a single person with a crossfire setup screaming for help, so this is only my problem? There is people talking about similar, but much less severe problem with single card setups after (latest?) update. However, my game works fine with single card. This crossfire setup is tested on another game and it works fine.

1. Am I alone? What could this be?

2. A rumor goes that the single card flicker bug is related to clouds rendering. Can I disable clouds in config file or somewhere else? Im not playing online (yet).

3. I will try other game version(s) if nothing else can fix this.

Today while setting up Voice Attack, I ran DCS and because from the last night fight with the problem I had low res for testing, I changed the resolution back and crossfire activated itself without alt+enter. Started the game and could not see my eyes: Crossfire active and the game is not flickering! Tested to de-activate and activate (alt+enterx2) and yes, it is in crossfire! Then opened MSI afterburner to make sure both cards are in use and heating up: YES!

Then I restarted the game and it was the original bad again. Tried messing with the resolution again and after a while I could get it back on again! (Now, while writing about this damned game, I threw my cat away for the first time ever). Well, It was again short lived and now, after again MANY hours I cant recreate it! Some real voodoo BS I must say.

I wish it wouldnt show me that it could do it. I was already getting better and slowly giving up with this.

And thanks for the silence. Not much better here than on the Steam forums. Wrote there when I used Steam version.

At least someone tell me how to run this game in true full screen mode? Without hitting alt+enter. And idk if even that is a true full screen mode, as Voice Attack stops listening as I enter cockpit/flicker mode.

• 1 month later...

Everybody is waiting for vulkan that's this huge silent. I also accidentally read this topic. CF doesn't work well now.

True full screen mode sometimes works simply if ticked in setup sometimes doesn't only after alt-enter. You can check ctrl+shift+o and if you can see fps counter that is the true full screen.

• 2 months later...